Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short time. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Groupon is holding an incredible deal right now. You can get a 12-month NewEgg Premier Membership and a $100 NewEgg Gift card for just $100. Enter in the code NewEgg10 upon checkout and get an additional $10 off. We’re also going to show you how to save an additional $10 by using a cash back portal and a few other tricks.
What Exactly Is The Deal?
The NewEgg Premier membership normally costs $50 for a 12-month membership and comes with a range of great benefits. You get free returns, expedited shipping, rush processing, and dedicated customer service.
After you purchase the Groupon you have 90 days to use it, and the deal expires at the end of April. However, we recommend getting it sooner than later because it’s often the case that they give out a limited number of offers.
NewEgg normally has great prices on electronics, some of the best deals on the web. Now with Groupon, you can get the full membership with a $100 gift card to NewEgg for only $80. The deal is listed at $100, but when you enter the code NewEgg10 at checkout you get another 10% ($10) off of your total purchase price.
How Can I Save An Additional $10?
You can get an additional 12% off of your total purchase price by following the two steps below.
1. Get a cash back credit card. The credit card with the highest amount of cash back on all purchased is the Citi Double Cash Card. It gives you 2% back on all purchases and there’s no annual fee. Here’s a quick summary of what it has to offer?
- No annual fee
- 1% cash back when you make a purchase
- 1% cash back when you pay your bills
- First late payment waived
- Incredible Citi Benefits
If you don’t have the Citi Double Cash Card and want to try another card, we also recommend the Discover It Card. It gives you 2% cash back on all purchases for the first year, and also 5% cash back on categories that rotate quarterly.
2. Use a cash back portal. The TopCashBack shopping portal gives you 10% cash back on all purchases made at Groupon. It only takes an email and a username to sign-up, plus you get a $10 bonus just for signing-up. You need a minimum of $20 to cash out. Still confused about cash back portals? Read our full guide on portals here.
When we combine the 2% cash back from the credit card and the 10% back from the TopCashBack site, that gives us a total of an additional 12% off of our $90 purchase, or $10.80 off. This brings our total down to just $79.20.
This is a great Groupon deal that won’t come around too long. If you’re a frequent shopper at NewEgg, this deal is great just because you can get a NewEgg gift card at an extreme discount. If you have any thoughts on this deal, let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.