WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- DoorDash: Drive for DoorDash and start earning money on your own time! No passengers, no bosses, no limits. Drive For DoorDash Now & Get Your First Paycheck This Week
We’ve introduced many different ways to save money on Amazon, but sometimes these steps are a little bit long and require you to purchase certain products. However, we’ve found a way to get you 7% off all Amazon products on every purchase, and it only takes 2 steps.
1. Get A Cash Back Credit Card
The first thing you’re going to want to do is get a credit card that gets you the highest amount of cash back on all purchases. The card that allows us to do that is the Citi Double Cash Card. This card gives you 2% cash back on all purchases – 1% when you buy something and an additional 1% back when you pay your bills.
Not only that, but there’s no annual fee, so you really can’t go wrong. There isn’t any other card out there that gives you a higher amount of cash back (unless you take into consideration flight miles). Let’s take a quick look at the card:
- 1% cash back when you make your purchase
- 1% cash back when you pay your bill
- No annual fee
- First late payment waived
- No cap on cash back earned
- Free concierge service
- Incredible Citi Benefits
If you don’t have a Citi Card or don’t want one, we suggest the Discover It Card instead. It gives you 2% cash back on all purchases the first year and 5% back on specific categories that rotate quarterly.
2. Buy An Amazon Gift Card
Our next and final step requires us to buy a discounted Amazon Gift Card, and we’re going to do this through an app called GiftMe. This app is a gift card exchange service, in which people who don’t want their gift cards put them on this site at a discount for others to buy.
You’ll typically find Amazon Gift Cards on sale for 5% lower than their retail value. The great thing about GiftMe is that your card is awarded to you immediately after purchase. However, these cards tend to go quickly so act fast.
Just be sure to use the cash back credit card that we mentioned above to make your purchase on GiftMe to get the extra 2% in cash back. Keep in mind that this is taken off of your purchase price, not the full retail value, so you’re actually getting slightly under 7% in cash back.
For example, on the $50 gift card in the image above, if we buy it with our 2% cash back credit card we’re actually only saving $.95 cents, but 2% of $50 is actually $1. Furthermore, GiftMe charges a 1 cent fee for each gift card bought. So your total amount of cash back comes out to be 6.88%, still a great deal.
How Can I Save Even More On Amazon?
The above steps will get you to roughly 7% off all Amazon products guaranteed, but there is an extra step you can take to save up to an additional 10% depending on the category when using a cash back portal.
The portal that we recommend is TopCashback. Registration is completely free and you even get a $10 bonus just for signing-up. Once you reach a minimum of $20 in your account, you can request a check, have it sent to your PayPal, or even get an additional 3% bonus by choosing to cash out in Amazon Gift Cards.
Keep in mind that these rates may change. Here’s a quick look at what categories they offer cash back in at this current time:
- Cell Phones & Accessories – 4%
- Grooming & Beauty – 6%
- Women’s Clothing – 6%
- Men’s Clothing – 6%
- Kids’ Clothing – 6%
- Patio, Lawn & Garden – 6%
- Amazon Home Services – 10%
Amazon is already a cheap place to find common products, and now you can save even a little bit more by using the 2 steps above or going through a cash back portal. If you have any questions about these steps, please don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!