WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
Note: For the purposes of this article, all links will be using Adfly to help demonstrate how the program works for this post only. This means each time you click a link on this page, you will first view an ad, and can be redirected to the desired page by waiting a few seconds and then clicking on a button that says “Skip Ad” near the upper-left-hand corner. Links on all other posts will not be doing this.
Here on FFL we’ve introduced a ton of different ways to earn money, especially from rewards sites. Usually they include watching videos or completing some type of task in exchange for cash or gift cards. This time we’re going to be introducing something a little bit different called Adfly. Each time you shorten a URL and someone clicks on it, you get paid.
What Is AdFly?
AdFly is a link-shortening service that pays you each time you shorten a URL and have someone else click on it. The reason that they’re willing to pay you is because they receive advertising income on the link that you’re placing. They do this by placing an interstitial ad in between your shortened link and the webpage you want to send someone to.
For example, let’s say you wanted to send your friend to the FFL Facebook Page. After shortening the link and sending it to your friend, they’ll first be redirected to a page with ads on it. After waiting a few seconds, they can choose to skip the ad and proceed to the page you want to direct them to. By doing this, you’ll receive payment (We’ll go into more detail about this below).
All of their ads are family-friendly with no popups. They have anti-virus and malware software that are scanning their pages to ensure that you or the people you are sending the link to won’t install any malicious software onto your device.
Instead of sending a normal link to your friend, you might as well shorten it first and get paid for what you’d do anyways. It literally takes a second to shorten any link. You are required to reach a minimum of $5 dollars in your AdFly account before you can request a payout to either PayPal or Payoneer.
If you’re not from the US, don’t worry. AdFly works from almost any country in the world and some countries even receive higher payout rates than the US.
How Do I Sign-Up And Start Using AdFly?
While AdFly is very simply to sign-up for, there are a few confusing steps along the way. Here we break it down into 5 easy steps.
1. Register. You can register for an AdFly account by clicking here. You’ll need to enter your name, email and to create a password. You can also sign-up using your Facebook account information. Support FFL by using our referral link here. We’d greatly appreciate it!
2. Confirm your email. Wait a few minutes for AdFly to send a confirmation email to your inbox. Click on the link that they provide you and enter your confirmation code to get fully registered.
3. Shorten your URL. Now that you are logged-in, you’ll be taken to the main dashboard. There should be a box in which you can type in your URL. After you do that click on the “Shrink” button to get your new code. You can view a sample of our shortened Facebook Page URL.
4. Send your URL to someone. You’ll be sending someone to a page like the one shown below. Simply let the page load for a few seconds and then they can click on “Skip Ad” to proceed to the following page. This is where the interstitial ad is placed.
5. Cash out. You can’t cash out once you reach a minimum balance of $5 dollars in your account. Make sure to enter in your PayPal or Payoneer information to get this cash. Here you can see some AdFly payment proof.
How Much Can I Earn With AdFly?
Obviously enough, the more people you send your links to, the more money you get paid. A great way to do this is by putting shortened URL’s in your Facebook or Twitter posts that would naturally have links in them anyways.
Some people have already tried and scammed AdFly with programs that automatically click links hundreds of times. After doing some research, I’ve found that most people get banned for doing such black hat methods, so I strictly advise to be as legitimate and honest as possible when using AdFly.
The amount you actually earn per click depends on the country. Here’s a chart below that displays just a few of the countries that AdFly supports and their rates. You can view the whole chart here.
These rates displayed how much you will earn per 1,000 clicks. While it may sound like it will take a long time to reach that goal, you can usually do it quickly as it only takes a second to shorten a link. What I do is leave AdFly open in another tab until I’m ready to use it. This way I’m not continuously logging-in and it doesn’t take up much time.
Are There Other Ways To Make More Money?
AdFly has an excellent referral program. For every friend that you refer, you’ll receive 20% of their earnings for life. If someone uses your link to sign-up and then orders ad placements through AdFly, you’ll earn 5% commission on every advertising order that they make.
If you’d like to support FFL, you can use our referral link here. We’d greatly appreciate it!
You can also make money through AdFly by placing a banner on your page that redirects to whatever site you want it to. When you go to shorten a URL, instead of using the interstitial advertisement option, select “Banner” instead, like in the image below.
Instead of getting paid for everyone who clicks on your banner, you’re going to get paid per impression. This means that every time someone views the banner you get paid, but they don’t necessarily have to click on it. While this may seem like an easy way to earn some money, the rates are much lower, as we can see below and on this page (CPM basically means per 1,000 impressions).
If you want an easy and different way to make money, AdFly might be the right choice for you. Quickly send out a Facebook or Twitter post to get a large number of people to click on your links. Just make sure to not do it too many times or they might get annoyed by the interstitial ads.
While it may not seem like much money per click, it really does add up fast. Try and have AdFly open in another tab so you can quickly shorten a URL when you need to. By the time you’ve done it for a while, you’ll be ready to cash out. If you’re in a country where the rates are low, it might not be worth it.
If you’ve been earning a large amount with AdFly and would like to share your secrets or tips, we’d love to hear about them in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!