Amazon is currently holding a gift card sale that gives you discounts on select discounts with a chance to save up to 20%. You can also use a cash back credit card to save an additional 10% off of your total purchase price.
What’s The Deal?
Here’s a list of the select discounts along with their corresponding promotion codes. Take note that you cannot use an Amazon gift card to make these purchases.
- $50 Red Robin Gift Card
- $10 Off With Promo Code REDROBIN10
- $50 Brinker Gift Card
- $10 Off With Promo Code BRINKER10
- $25 Cold Stone Gift Card
- $5 Off With Promo Code COLDSTONE5
- $50 Buca Di Beppo Gift Card
- $10 Off With Promo Code HOLBUCCA10
- $25 Famous Footwear Gift Card
- $10 Off With Promo Code HOLFAMOUS5
- $50 PF Chang Gift Card
- $10 Off With Promo Code PFCHANGS10
- $30 IHOP Gift Card
- $5 Off With Promo Code HOLIHOP5
- Select Specialty Gift Cards
- Free Gift Card Box And Free Shipping
- $25 Applebee’s Gift Card
- Free Gift Card Bag Holder
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill $50 Gift Card
- Free Appetizer Bonus Offer
- $50 Amazon Gift Card
- Free Kit Kat Minis Pouch
- $500 Amazon Gift Card
- Free Limited Edition Gund Teddy Bear
- Amazon Gift Card Multipack
- Free Holiday Card Gift Bags
How Can I Get An Additional 10% Off My Purchase Price?
You can save an additional 5% off of your Amazon Gift Cards with either a Discover It Card or a Chase Freedom Card. Until the end of the year, they are both offering 10% cash back on all Amazon purchases. We’re going to cover both of them in brief detail.
The Chase Freedom Card gives you 5% cash back on categories that rotate quarterly (gas, Amazon, restaurants, etc.). Normally you get 5% cash back at Amazon from the months of Oct – Dec, but as of now they’re offering a special promotion that give you 10% cash back. If you don’t have this card yet, we recommend it since they’ve currently increased their sign-up bonus to $200 in cash back. Here’s a quick glance:
- 5% Cash Back On Categories That Rotate Quarterly
- 1% Cash Back On All Other Purchases
- $200 Cash Back Bonus After Spending $500 Within 3 Months
- Ultimate Rewards Cash Back Portal
- No Annual Fee
For those of you who don’t have the Chase Freedom Card, Discover It is also giving 10% cash back on all Amazon purchases when you apply during their Double Cash Back Promotion (which is going on until the end of the year). Take note that this promotion is only open to new members. However, we explain here how to get this deal if you’re currently a member.
The Discover It Card comes with no annual fee and gives you 5% cash back on categories that rotate quarterly and 1% cash back on all purchases. If you applied during their Double Cash Back Promotion, you’re essentially getting 2% – 10% in cash back. There’s no annual fee and the Discover Deals Shopping Portal is one of the best around. Here’s a quick summary:
- 5% Cash Back On Categories That Rotate Quarterly (10% With Promotion)
- 1% Cash Back On All Other Purchases (2% With Promotion)
- Get Up To 40% Cash Back With Discover Deals Portal
- No Annual Fee
- Expedited Shipping For Lost Or Stolen Cards
For both of these credit cards, there’s a cap of $1,500 in cash back to get the normal 5% cash back on quarterly purchases. After that, you will only get 1% in cash back. You also have to make sure to activate cash back each quarter by logging-in to your online account or you’ll continue to get 1%.
Are These Really The Best Deals Around On Gift Cards?
For the most part, these gift card promotions are some of the best that you will find on the web right now (excluding the promo codes on the list that give you gifts instead of discounts). We checked every gift card promotion currently available on Amazon and compared them to gift card resellers that sell gift cards at a discount.
The only gift card that we can find a better discount for outside of Amazon is with IHOP. When you buy an IHOP Gift Card at Cardpool, you can get it for 17% off instead of 16.6% off with Amazon. Furthermore, if you go through the TopCashBack portal, you can save an additional 2% on all Cardpool purchases.
For this matter, we highly recommend you purchase these cards while this promotion lasts. If this promotion has already ended and you’re looking to get some great deals, we highly recommend the GiftMe App to purchase discounted gift cards.
These gift cards are perfect for the holiday seasons since they make great stalking stuffers. You’re not going to find 20% off gift card deals for a long time, so try and take advantage while you can, especially since there’s only a limited amount in stock. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them in the box below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!