WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
The popular receipt scanning app Checkout 51 is now giving a $5 bonus for each friend you refer. Each friend who signs up using your referral link also receives a $5 bonus, so it’s a win-win situation. This referral bonus expires June 15th.
What Is Checkout 51?
Checkout 51 is one of the more popular receipt scanning apps like, very similar to its bigger brother, Ibotta. Purchase specific products at the grocery store and scan your receipt after checkout. Based on what products you bought, you’ll receive a cash back bonus, anywhere from about $.25 cents to $3 in earnings.
When your account reaches a minimum balance of $20, you can request to withdraw your earnings via PayPal or in the form of gift cards. New offers come out every Wednesday night. If you claim an offer one week, it’s uncertain as to whether the same offer will be available the week after.
Unlike a lot of other receipt scanning apps, it doesn’t matter which store you purchase the product from. For example, I could purchase bananas and get $.25 cents in cash back whether I bought them from Walmart, Target, Safeway, etc. As long as the bananas show up on the receipt and I take a clean and clear picture, I’ll receive the money within a couple of days.
Refer Friends For A Bonus
Now until June 15th, you get a $5 bonus when you refer a friend that uploads their first receipt, and so do they. Simply share with them your referral link. A great way to spread the word is through social media sites like Facebook or Twitter. If you’d like to support FFL, you can use our referral link – we’d greatly appreciate it!
How Do I Get Started With Checkout 51?
While using the app is relatively simple, we’re going to guide you through the process in fine detail in just 6 easy steps.
1. Register. Download the app through this link here for both iOS or Android devices. You can use your Facebook account or email to register for a new account, and you’ll need to verify your email after creating a username.
2. Browse offers. Select from their list of available offers for cash back. These offers refresh every Wednesday night, so try and check back at least once on a weekly basis. If you want to select an item for cash back, you need to add it to your cash back “list.”
3. Scan your receipt. Once you make your purchase, submit your receipt to the Checkout 51. Be sure to include the store’s name, address, products purchased and total price, or you may have to submit the receipt again. You’ll be guided through the process, but the most important thing is just to keep the camera straight and the receipt flat.
4. Check off the list. Check off all of the items that you want to receive cash back for. If you don’t see something that you want to earn money for, you’ll need to go back to the home screen and select the products that you want to add to your list.
5. Earn cash. It can take as long as 48 hours for your receipt to process. If you happen to be denied, try and submit the receipt again. More times than not it’s because you didn’t take a clear enough picture.
6. Refer friends. Use your referral link to help you and your friend earn an extra $5. Be sure to act fast since this offer only lasts until June 15th. Your referral link can be found on the home screen.
Checkout 51 is just one of many apps that pay to scan receipts. I save a few extra dollars per week by using them, and I’ve started to notice how quickly they add up. Have you used Checkout 51 before? Share your experience with us below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!