WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 point bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
Are you a college student and looking for some extra cash, but at the same time want to put some valuable experience on your resume? This tends to be a common theme among students attending universities in the US. A website called MindSumo (promotional code JW1490F5 for extra $1 on sign-up) works to solve this problem.
What Is MindSumo?
MindSumo is a website that gives you money for solving real-world problems. Companies submit their proposals to MindSumo, and then MindSumo posts the proposals to their members who wish to take on any challenge that a company offers. As a member, you get to choose which task you can take on.
If you complete a task, you are rewarded the allotted amount of money that the company has decided to give you for solving a fun and interesting challenge. The amount you earn per challenge is completely dependent on the company and how much they are willing to pay out. The payouts are usually quite high.
The website is broken down into three main parts: Challenges, Reviews, and Puzzles.
- Puzzles – This section is provided by the MindSumo team. Complete fun puzzles such as brain teasers, math teasers, and more. Each time you complete one, a small amount of cash is awarded to your account.
- Challenges – Solve challenges from popular companies such as Facebook, Macy’s, Capital One, Spotify, and many others. This is where the real cash comes in. It’s not uncommon to receive up to $1,000 for solving a complex task. Some companies wish to remain anonymous.
- Puzzles – In this section you share products and write reviews about them. If other people like your posts, they’ll get upvoted and you’ll be awarded Influencer Points. If you get enough points, you can eventually get paid to write reviews about your favorite products.
How Do I Get Started With MindSumo?
Signing-up and earning cash with MindSumo is easy and can be done in 5 simple steps.
1. Register. You can register for MindSumo for clicking this link here. Click on the “Start Proving Yourself” button and enter your name and email. Enter the promotion code JW1490F5 to get an extra $1 dollar added into your account. Make sure to verify your email. You will need a school email address.
2. Solve Challenges. You can click on the “Innovations” tab to solve company puzzles. You’ll be shown the task, the amount of time left to complete a puzzle, and how many rewards are given out. Click on the challenge to view more details.
3. Solve Puzzles. Click on the “Puzzles” tab to solve daily tasks given by MindSumo. There’s usually a lot of math problems.
4. Write reviews. Click on the “Products” tab and start writing reviews about your favorite products. You’ll be given points only when your review is upvoted. You won’t get paid at first, but after you get so many points you’ll start to slowly get paid more and more.
5. Claim rewards. You’re automatically given $25 dollars for signing-up. You need $100 dollars to cash out your first time, and after that you only need a minimum of $25 dollars to cash out. The reason the minimum is so high the first time is because they want to know you’re serious about solving problems. Usually solving just 1 is enough to get you over this limit.
Refer Your Friends For More Cash
Have a lot of friends who are in college? Refer them and get a $1 dollar bonus when they sign-up. If they’re from the same university you get $2 dollars. A quick way to earn referral cash is to sent out a quick post via Facebook or Twitter. If you’d like to support FFL, you can use our referral link here with promo code JW1490F5. We’ll both get $1 dollar. We’d greatly appreciate it!
MindSumo is a great way to earn some extra cash as a college student while at the same time gaining real-world experience. If you’re interested in other ways to earn cash in your spare time, we recommend the following:
- Get Paid Up To $20/Hour Participating In Psychological Studies
- PineCone Research Pays You $18/Hour Through Surveys
If you have any questions about MindSumo or would like to tell us your experience using them, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!