WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 point bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
Cross Media Panel gives us a way to get paid for something we do everyday – surf the internet. Install their plugin, browse the web, and earn cash prizes passively.
What Is Cross Media Panel?
Cross Media Panel (previously known as Screeenwise Trends) pays you for collecting your browsing data. The panel consists of a group of users that browse the internet and agree to share both their web and mobile app usage.
The data that’s collected is used to help improve real-world products and also to create new ones. More specifically, you’re helping improve services such as Youtube, Google Chrome and Android.
If you agree to join the panel, you earn points that can be exchanged for gift cards to popular retailers such as Starbucks, Target and more. Becoming a member requires you to either download their mobile app or their desktop browser extension. You must use the Chrome browser in order to participate.
Once you have these programs installed, you don’t have to do anything else. Simply browse the internet like you normally do. The only difference is that you’re allowing Cross Media Panel to collect data on your web browsing activity. No additional work is required on your part. This means you’re earning essentially earning a passive income.
When you do use the panel, you just need to be logged-in to your google (gmail) account when surfing the web. If you log-in to your email constantly, you’re probably already logged-in the majority of the time you’re on the web.
Additional rewards can also be earned by filling out random surveys and giving them feedback. Registration is 100% free.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
There are a few things you need to be eligible to participate in Cross Media Panel:
- Currently residing in the US
- You need to be the owner of either a mobile device or computer (tablets will work as well)
- Your internet-browsing device must have Google Chrome, Firefox or IE installed
- Age 18 or older
- Internet access
Unfortunately, last time I checked they weren’t accepting any new members. However, we still recommend checking back frequently since this can change at any time.
How Much Can I Earn With Cross Media Panel?
The amount you can earn with Cross Media Panel depends on how many devices you agree to share for market research. The more devices, the more you earn.
- If you have just one device registered, you get an installation bonus of $2 with a weekly reward of $1.
- Two devices registered gives you an installation bonus of $4 with a total weekly reward of $2.
- Three devices registered gives you an installation bonus of $6 with a weekly bonus of $3
In short, for each device you have installed, you get a one-time installation of $2 with a $1 weekly reward. This means that you can earn a maximum passive income of $3 per week or $12 per month. Not bad for doing absolutely nothing!
Once you reach a minimum of $5 in your account, you can cash out for electronic gift cards of your choosing. Expect them to arrive in your inbox within 24-48 hours, but we’ve found that they actually come much sooner than this.
You start earning rewards as soon as you install their browser extension on your registered devices.
Is My Privacy Protected?
Some users may worry that the data they are consenting to give away is violating their privacy. It states in their FAQ that the data you release may be shared in the form of articles and research summaries. However, all of your data is kept anonymous.
For example, they may collect what type of sites you are browsing, your search terms, etc. But your personal name will not be associated with any of this. If you visit Facebook and send messages to your friends, there’s no way to find out the content of these messages or the fact that it was you that visited Facebook.
Here is a quick list of the type of data that they collect:
- Content and advertising
- Pages visited
- Apps installed on your phones
- Operating system on your phone that’s being used
- Timestamps and duration of messages
- Phone numbers entered for outgoing calls
- Videos watched
- Clicks, taps and gestures
- Local storage space
- Use of Google products
How Do I Get Started With Cross Media Panel?
Getting setup with a new account is incredibly easy and can be done in just 4 easy steps. Keep in mind that you cannot have multiple accounts per household.
1. Register. You can register to participate in Cross Media Panel by clicking their welcome link. You must be 18 years or older to join, and you must be located within the US. From the looks of it, they may expand their reach to other countries in the near future.
As mentioned above, last time we checked they are currently not accepting any new members. Be sure to check back for updates.
2. Install the Chrome Extension. Once your registration is confirmed, you will need either the Chrome, Firefox or IE browser installed on your computer. From there you will need to install their Chrome Extension that they state in the instructions.
If you’re using a mobile device, you can simply install their app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Their instructions are pretty thorough, so you shouldn’t have a problem finding it.
3. Browse the web. As long as you have their applications installed, there’s no need to change your browsing activity. Simple use the web like you normally would, but this time get paid for it! Just be sure that you’re logged-in to your Google account while doing so.
4. Cash out. The maximum amount you can earn is $12 per month for having 3 devices registered with the program. Once you reach a minimum of $5 in your account, you can cash out for gift cards. Retailers include Amazon, Starbucks, Target and other popular stores.
If you’ve been a member for a long time, you may be asked to participate in short surveys to also earn rewards.
If you’ve used Screenwise Trends in the past, Cross Media Panel works in exactly the same way. The only difference is the change in name with some minor improvements. Now they have much more support and a much faster payout structure. Previous users reported having to wait months to receive a reward, but now you can receive it within 48 hours.
The beauty of a program like this is that you don’t have to do any work once you register. While it’s only $12 per month, every little bit counts, especially since it’s a passive income.
Do you have any questions or comments about the Cross Media Panel? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!