WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
The DataWallet App has officially launched after months of waiting. Now you can earn a passive income by selling your smartphone data anonymously. Currently there’s a waitlist, so register as soon as possible to get started.
What Is DataWallet?
A lot of people don’t realize how ubiquitous our data really is. Almost every action we take on the internet can be used and collected, ranging from liking a Facebook post to listening to a streaming music video. DataWallet estimates that we create an average of 5 GB of data each day, and it’s only increasing from there.
Data brokers are constantly controlling your data and reselling it. In a sense, they’re basically profiting off of money that should be yours. In order to stop this, DataWallet was created, a free mobile app that’s currently available for iOS devices. The founders realize that your data is constantly being collected when you spend time online. Instead of having this data being sold behind your back by larger companies, DataWallet allows you to take control of this data and take the profits for yourself.
Is My Privacy Protected?
You don’t have to worry about your privacy being exposed. Any data that you decide to give up is 100% anonymous. You won’t be giving out any sort of personal information such as your name, email address or any other identifiable information.
You will only be selling your data that you decide to sell. Furthermore, DataWallet promises that they will never sell any data behind your back. You’ll always be aware of what’s going on and where your data is going.
The best part? DataWallet is completely free and the income you earn from it is passive income. Simply tell the app which data you want it to collect and profit from it. No further action needs to be taken on your part since the data is collected and sold by Data Wallet. As long as you have the app activated on your phone, you’re going to profit.
There Is A Waitlist
If you’re interested in getting started with DataWallet, we recommend that you get started immediately. There’s currently a waitlist. I just recently signed-up and I’m currently number 22 in line. Until I get accepted, I won’t get paid for my anonymous data. They’re currently only accepting 1,000 new users per month, so the sooner you join the better.
You can jump ahead of the queue and get earlier access by inviting your friends to join the app. With that being said, someone can jump ahead of you and push you back if they happen to get a lot of invites via their friends.
If you’d like to help us get ahead, we’d appreciate it if you use our referral link to sign-up. Feel free to leave a chain of referral links in the comments below to get others to use your link to sign-up.
How Much Can I Expect To Earn With DataWallet?
There isn’t an exact formula to determine how much you can earn with DataWallet. However, the developers of the app expect their users to be able to rake in a few hundred dollars per year. This is a huge amount, considering you’re basically doing nothing. In fact, they expect that once the app is performing at scale, you should be able to bring in a couple of hundred dollars per month.
The amount you earn entirely depends on which data you’re willing to sell and how many firms you decide to sell to. If you’re just signing-up, expect to earn about $3 – $5 per sale. The top sellers right now have already earned over $200 in profits from their data.
It also depends on how a company decides to buy your data. If they buy your Facebook and Twitter data together in a package, it’s more likely going to be worth more. Basically what it comes down to is which company buys your data and how relevant it is to them. The more platforms you have that are layered on top of one another, the more you will make. You can read more about this in their FAQ section.
Right now only the following sources can be used to sell your data:
Each time you sell your data you can earn anywhere between $1 – $50. Soon they expect to add other data sources such as Amazon and Airbnb into the mix once they start expanding. I’ll let you know more information about how much I’ve earned once I get accepted.
How Do I Get Started With DataWallet?
Getting started is quite simple, but we’re going to break it down in just 4 simple steps.
1. Register. You can register for a new account by clicking this link here. Right now the DataWallet App is only available to iOS users. Check back for updates to see if they have an Android version that comes out.
2. Wait and Refer Friends. If you just downloaded the app, more than likely you’re going to be put on their waitlist. They are currently only accepting 1,000 new members per month. Invite your friends to jump the queue.
3. Connect your accounts and cash out. Once you get accepted, decide which source you’re willing to sell your data from. All data is completely anonymous, guaranteeing that your personal privacy is protected. The amount you can earn depends on the data and how it is sold. Link your PayPal account under settings to setup automatic payments.
By signing-up for DataWallet, you’re essentially getting paid for something you already do: browsing Facebook, tweeting on Twitter, and pinning on Pinterest. The only extra work you have to do is give the app access to your data. Once you hit a certain amount in your account, claim the cash and have it deposited directly to your PayPal.
If you’re looking to get started sooner and don’t want to be on the waitlist, there are already quite a few passive data apps that work in a similar manner. My personal favorite is Data Coup – I easily earn an extra $5 a month by doing nothing.
If you’re one of the lucky ones that’s already been accepted to Data Wallet, we’d love to hear about it in the comments below. Thanks for reading, and remember, sign-up immediately to get ahead of the queue. Happy frugaling!