WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- Webull: Earn 2 free stocks of value between $5 - $1,400 when you open a new account and make your first deposit of any amount. Open Your Webull Account Now
Looking to book a trip sometime soon? Instead of staying in a hotel or some other place that’s going to cost you a fortune, stay with Airbnb.
Right now when you use your American Express Card you get $50 back when you spend $100 or more. Not only that, but I’m going to show you how you can get an additional $20 in credit on your first purchase
What Is Airbnb?
Airbnb is a website built in 2008 with the sole purpose of connecting people to unique travel experiences. Instead of staying in a hotel or some other expensive lodging arrangement, Airbnb allows you to stay in the homes of other people at the price of their choosing.
See a price that’s too expensive? Move on the the next host, as there’s usually a wide range of rooms available. Keep in mind this is not like couch surfing.
Depending on your living situation, you’re usually given a nice room and a comfortable bed. However, the more you spend, the more likely you’re going to get a nicer place.
Due to increasing popularity, you most likely won’t have any difficulty finding an available room (unless it’s during the holidays).
Want to make some extra cash? If you have a spare room available, go ahead and put it up as available on Airbnb. Living in an expensive city with a fairly decent setup, you could easily make over $100 a night.
If you’re worried about safety, hosts have reviews listed on their page left from other Airbnb surfers. Guests are usually pretty diligent about leaving positive or negative reviews depending on how they felt about their stay, so be sure to read these before booking a room.
How Do I Get $20 Credit For Free From Airbnb?
If this is your first time hearing about Airbnb, use our sign-up link and get a free $20 in credit toward your next purchase. Adding this to the $50 we’re going to save on any purchase of $100 or more, we’re going to be saving a total of $70. That’s a huge amount of savings.
How Do I Get $50 Off My Next $100 Purchase On Airbnb?
1. Get an Amex Card. Unfortunately, you’re going to have to have an American Express Credit Card to be able to qualify for this purchase. If you don’t have one already, we recommend the Blue Cash Everyday Card. There’s no annual fee and you get 3% cash back at all purchases at supermarkets.
2. Sign-up For Amex Offers via Twitter. You may already have the offer under your Amex account when log-in, but for those of you who don’t, you’ll have to connect your Twitter account to your card. In order to do so, go to this page to sync your account.
3. Tweet American Express. After syncing your account, tweet American Express @AmexOffers using this hashtag: #AmexAirbnb. You’ll be tweeted back when the offer has been added to your account.
4. Claim the offer. Log-in to your Amex account and make sure to activate the offer and the card that you want to use to make the purchase. If you have more than one card, be sure to pay attention to which one it’s on. Make the Airbnb purchase with your card and on your next billing cycle you’ll be refunded the $50!
By using our sign-up link and claiming activating the deal on your Amex Card, you can end up getting $70 off your next Airbnb purchase of over $70 or more. This offer expires on 12/31/2015, so if you have any travel plans, this is a great offer to take advantage of.
It’s usually best to do this as soon as possible, as rooms fill up quickly around winter time despite the vast number of available rooms. Let us know if you have any winter travel plans. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!