WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
If you’ve already read our post on the Discover It Double Cash Back Promotion, you’ll know that after 12 billing cycles you’ll receive double the amount of cash back that you received for the entire year. Originally this offer was meant to be until the end of July, but they’ve extended it until September 30th.
Normally you’d get 1% cash back on all purchases with 5% cash back on specific categories that rotate quarterly. With this promotion, you now get 2% – 10% (1% – 5% x 2).
What Is The Discover It Card?
One of the great things about this card is that there’s no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, and an incredible amount of cash back. Let’s take a quick look about what the card has to offer.
- Free FICO credit score on every statement
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Discover Deals cash back portal
- First late payment waived
- Late payments won’t raise your APR
- 2% cash back on all purchases
- 10% cash back on categories that rotate quarterly
Discover Deals Shopping Portal
One of the great things about the Discover It Card is the Discover Deals shopping portal. A cash back portal is an online website that partners with thousands of retailers online. They put up affiliate links on their page, and when you buy something from using their links, they earn a commission and give a portion of that to you.
Discover Deals has one of the best shopping portals around, being the only one that offers 5% off at the Apple Store and Best Buy. Since all your cash back is doubled, you’re actually getting 10% off at these places.
Get Up To 18.5% Off Amazon.com Purchases
If you take a look at the Discover It Cash Back Calendar, you’ll notice that from the months of July until December you receive 5% off all purchases made on Amazon.com. With double cash back activated, this is 10%. However, we can do a bit better.
By going through the BeFrugal shopping portal and your Discover It Card, you can get up to 18.5% off of Amazon purchases. This is totally dependent on the category, as not all Amazon products will qualify. Here is currently what BeFrugal offers in terms of cash back at Amazon (subject to change):
- Jewelry & Watches – Extra 8.5% Cash Back
- Luxury Beauty & Grooming– Extra 6% Cash Back
- Shoes – Extra 6% Cash Back
- Handbags & Wallets – Extra 6% Cash Back
- Baby Items – Extra 6% Cash Back
You can read our full guide on how to get 18.5% off Amazon here.
Get 12% Off All Southwest Flights
Since we mentioned how you can get 10% off all Amazon purchases, why not buy gift card to other retailers on Amazon? Southwest is one of those gift cards, and when you use your Discover It Card to make a purchase, you’re going to get 10% cash back of whatever your purchase price is.
You can increase this amount by using the Extrabux Shopping Portal. It gives you 2% cash back on all purchases made through Southwest.com. With this added on, you increase your total cash back to 12%.
These are just a few reasons to convince you on why the Discover It Card is the only credit card you’ll ever need. Here are some other Discover benefits that you might be interested in reading about:
- Discover Savings Account Has One Of The Highest Interest Rates
- Save 10% On All Purchases At Whole Foods With Discover It
- Why Discover Has One Of The Best Shopping Portals
- How To Save 80% Off All Men’s Wearhouse purchases
If you have any questions or comments, or would like to tell us how much you’ve saved with Discover, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Again, thanks for reading and happy frugaling!