WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Want to get cash back for doing some online shopping? By using an online shopping portal such as Ebates, you can save on average 7% on all of your purchases made over the internet. Better yet, Ebates is currently holding a promotion where they will give you $50 for simply referring 2 friends.
What Is Ebates?
Specific websites have been made in order to help you save money on specific online purchases. These websites are called online shopping portals. By partnering with specific retailers, these portals get an affiliate commission every time someone uses their link to make a purchase like they normally would.
Instead of simply promoting offers, a cash back portal will promote cash back for using their site and their affiliate links. When they receive their commission, they’re going to give a small portion of that back to the user, you. Registration is 100% free.
For example, they are offering 1% cash back on all purchases you make at Walmart if you go through them. They might receive 4% in commission and are offering to give you one.
There are many cash back portals available, but one of the most popular and well-known of them all is Ebates. While it isn’t the best of the bunch, you still get a free $10 dollar gift card when you join and can often save a lot of money. The reason it’s not the best is because about 80% of the time (from personal experience) you’re going to find a better deal at another portal.
The reason Ebates is so great, however, is their referral program. Refer one friend and you earn $5 dollars, but refer two friends and you receive $50 dollars along with an entry to a drawing for a free trip to Hawaii. I usually am able to do this by telling others that there’s a free $10 dollar gift card when you sign-up.
If you’re still a little confused on how online shopping portals work, you can read my portal guide here. Here are a few other portal sites that I highly recommend. It’s usually best to check them all for the best cash back.
How Do I Sign-Up For Ebates And Start Getting Cash Back?
Signing-up for Ebates is a pretty straightforward and can be done in 3 simple steps.
1. Register. You can sign-up and register for an Ebates account by clicking this link here. You will only need to enter in your email and to create a password. Once that’s done, verify your email. You can also sign-up via Facebook or Google.
2. Search for your store. Log-in and Search for the retailer that you want to purchase from. Click on “Shop Now” and make a purchase like you normally would. Ebates will keep track of which sites you are visiting through theirs by using cookies.
3. Receive cash back. You should receive cash back within a month’s time at the latest, but usually you can get it within a few days. Once there’s a minimum of $20 dollars, request a check or a direct deposit to PayPal.
4. Refer a friend. Click on the link at the top of the page that says “Refer & Earn $50” dollars to find your referral link. Each time you refer two friends you’ll also be entered in a drawing for a trip to Hawaii. This drawing, however, is only short-lived.
A great way to get friends to sign-up using your Ebates referral link is by doing a mass post on your Facebook or Twitter account. Make sure to mention that they are getting a free $10 dollar gift card just for signing-up. If anything, you could always mention that if you get two referrals that you’ll split the money with them.
You can support FFL by using our referral link here – we’d greatly appreciate it! If you have any questions regarding cash back portals or anything regarding Ebates, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!