Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- YouGov: Get paid to share your opinion by completing surveys and earn up to $50 in cash or gift cards per survey. Join YouGov Now For a $2 Sign-up Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Have some time to kill and don’t know what else to do? You might as well watch a few videos and get paid for it. With the CheckPoints App (bonus code jwuerch), you can make an extra $15 dollars per month by completing small tasks and watching videos.
This article will discuss how much money you can make with CheckPoints and will help determine if it’s worth it for you. Take note that this app is (mostly) not passive and does require a little bit of work.
What Is CheckPoints?
Available for iOS and Android devices, CheckPoints is a free mobile app that “pays you back.” Users can earn reward points by completing daily tasks, checking in, scanning bar codes or watching videos. These points can be used to redeem prizes such as gift cards to Amazon, Walmart or Subway.
CheckPoints partners with advertisers that either want to promote their product or gather information. When you complete an offer or a task, Checkpoints is paid by the advertiser and portions off a bit of this money to you, the user.
Exactly What Tasks Are Available And How Much Can I Expect To Earn?
After analyzing CheckPoints, we’ve broken it down into 5 different ways that you can earn money.
1. Checking In. When you log-in, you’ll notice that under the “In-Store” tab there are lots of offers available. Click on any one of the stores that are available in your area.
Using the Peking Garden Restaurant as an example in the image below, we see that we can earn 2 points just for checking-in. Just make sure to turn on location services first so that CheckPoints is able to scan vendors near you.
2. Scanning Products. Tasks also listed under a specific retailer may include scanning a product, helping CheckPoints gather market data. From the image below we can see that Safeway will pay us money for scanning Oreos, ketchup, etc.
The amount you can earn per scan varies per product, but on average it turns out to be about 20 points per each one. Assuming that you go to one of these stores every few days, we can estimate that you’ll earn an extra 30 points per day scanning products.
3. Completing Offers. This task can be done directly from the CheckPoints app and doesn’t require any traveling. Scroll down on the “What’s Hot” tab and see which offers are available. Points can range anywhere from 50 to 500 per offer completed.
Usually these don’t require any money or there’s a free trial available. Offers don’t take long to complete, but only a few are usually available at a time. Calculating this into the amount we can earn gives us an average of roughly 20 points per day.
4. Watching Videos. This has to be my personal favorites and easiest ways to earn money on CheckPoints. Each video displays an ad that gives you 1 point when you finish watching.
5. Refer A Friend. Refer a friend and earn 100% of the points they earn for the first two weeks of using the app! Nothing could be easier than that. If you’d like to support FFL, use the bonus code jwuerch when signing-up. I’d greatly appreciate it!
Each point you earn has a different value depending on what reward you redeem. 300 points is roughly equivalent to $1. Since we are earning about 152 points per day, this brings our total to $.50 cents per day or $15 dollars per month.
Is it worth it? That’s for you to decide. If you want to be as lazy as possible, I suggest just watching videos and referring friends. This can be done in an office space, waiting in line or even a few minutes before you go to sleep at night.
How Do I Sign-Up For CheckPoints?
It’s not complicated at all to sign-up for CheckPoints and can be done in 3 easy steps.
3. Register. You’ll need to type in your name, email and create a password when you register for an account. Enter a bonus code if you have one available. (To support us use the bonus code jwuerch. Thank you!)
If I had to give CheckPoints a personal rating, I would give it 7 out of 10 stars. The reason I rate it so high is due to the fact that you can sit back, watch a few videos and earn some decent cash.
CheckPoints is available for iOS and Android devices but may not work with older versions. The best time available that I like to use this app is when waiting in line. It’s a great way to pass the time and it gives me a couple of free gift cards at the end of the month.
If you’re a real trooper and do everything on the CheckPoints app, we estimate that you can earn about $15 dollars per month. However, after a certain point, it may be better to switch to other shopping apps such as ShopKick.
If you have any questions or would like to share your experience with CheckPoints, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading.
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.