Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short time. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
If you feel like being lazy, you might as well earn some extra cash at the same time. Now you can earn gift cards and other rewards by watching television or listening to music with the Viggle app. It’s free to download and is available for both iOS and Android devices.
What Is Viggle?
Viggle is a rewards program that is aimed toward “entertainment enthusiasts,” or those who enjoy watching television and discovering new music. When you watch a program or listen to your favorite tune, Viggle has you check in and automatically matches the audio that you’re listening to.
Not sure what to watch on TV? Viggle will track down and give you options to discover new shows and find the best opportunities that earn you the most points. They rate shows based on their popularity and even tell you what time they’ll be on.
The only requirement on your part is to check-in and make sure that Viggle has access to your microphone so that it can listen to any incoming audio. You can also watch Viggle ads to get even more points.
How Do I Sign-Up And Get Started With Viggle?
Signing-up with Viggle is very simple, but there are a few things that you should pay attention to. It can be done in 5 easy steps.
2. Access the microphone. After downloading the app, you’ll be asked to let Viggle access your microphone. If you accidentally don’t do this, you can always change it by going into your settings.
3. Create an account. In order to create an account, all you need is a an email account and to create a password, or you can use your Facebook account.
4. Start listening. When you listen to a TV show or a song, click on the V Symbol found in the upper-left-hand corner of the app. Viggle will take a few seconds to try and match the description of whatever audio that you’re listening to. Once it recognizes what it is, you will be awarded points immediately after you click “Get Points.”
6. Redeem points. You can go to the the Rewards Store by going to your main dashboard and clicking on rewards. There you’ll be to redeem your points for prizes such as gift cards, electronics, clothing, and purchasing the song you are listening to.
How Much Can I Earn With Viggle?
If you really wanted to, you could earn a lot of points with Viggle and quickly get a lot of prizes. Listening to music is one of the quickest ways to build up your point base, as you can check-in to the song you’re listening to and quickly switch to another to earn more points.
Viggle claims that when you are watching television, you will earn 1 point per minute. However, I have usually found this amount to be much higher. Each time you listen to a song, you are granted 100 points. When you decide to watch a bonus ad, it’s usually 20 points added to your account.
It’s difficult to determine how much points are worth since the prizes vary greatly. But to give you some good ideas, you can get a t-shirt for around 67,000 points, a Dual USB Battery Charger for 136,000 points, or an iPad Mini 3 for 1.6 million points. So it may take a while to get there.
The main problem most users might face with the Viggle app is their variety of rewards. Here is everything you can currently redeem points for:
- Electronics (iPad, speakers, etc.)
- Gift Cards
I would personally like to redeem for gift cards so I don’t have to wait for a prize. If you go to the gift cards section, some of you may notice that Viggle only offers one gift card: fanatics.com. Usually there are 2-3 other gift cards available and are usually only around at nighttime. If you still don’t see any other ones, try refreshing the app until you see more.
I would recommend this app for those who don’t mind claiming prizes as their reward, as you’re not going to get a good selection of gift cards and you definitely won’t receive it in the form of cash.
What Other Ways Can I Earn Cash?
Viggle has a great referral program. Each time you invite a friend that joins Viggle you get 1,000 bonus points. It only takes a second to send a mass message over Facebook or Twitter. If you’d like to support FFL, you can use our referral link here. I’d greatly appreciate it!
You can even check out the Viggle website for bonus rewards. This usually requires you checking-in with a specific song or television show to earn a few thousand points.
Viggle is an incredibly easy way to make money while watching TV. You might as well get paid for something you’re going to do anyways. This makes this app almost like earning a passive income stream. The only downside is that you have a limited choice on what type of gift cards you can redeem.
If you’re looking for other apps that help you earn money while watching TV, I recommend using Perk TV Live! You can use this app along with Viggle to increase the amount of money that you’re making.
If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below. I would like to know how much people are making with Viggle. I would like to thank Lydia Drish for inspiring me to write this post.
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.