WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
AppOptix gives you the opportunity to earn money on your phone for doing absolutely nothing. It’s an app that sits in the background and pays you to collect data about your phone’s performance. As far as I’m concerned, there isn’t an easier way to earn money.
More specifically, AppOptix is a free smartphone app that serves as a research platform that analyzes consumer behavior. Every time you use your phone, AppOptix runs in the background and collects data. This information is then sold to the wireless industry to help enhance user experience and products and services.
Here is a list of the type of data that is collected from your phone:
- Apps installed
- Duration that apps are left open (but not app contents)
- Duration of of activities
- Battery and performance of your phone
- Location of your device through GPS (if you have it turned on)
No personal data will be collected, so you don’t have to worry about them stealing your information. This means they do not record your calls, examine text messages, view the contents of your email, etc. If you have any questions regarding the data they collect you can view their FAQ.
Created as a service from Strategy Analytics Inc, AppOptix states that they value your voice and want to improve our experiences with mobile devices. When you join their panel, you join a seclect group participants and are rewarded for doing so.
The only requirement is applying for membership. Once you are approved, download the app and leave AppOptix running in the background to start earning points. After obtaining a certain amount of points you can redeem them for Amazon gift cards.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of devices that won’t support AppOptix. It only works on Android devices and only specific ones.
If you have a cheap smartphone, there’s a good chance it won’t be supported. In order to find out, go to the Google Play Store and see if you can install the app. If you can’t, your phone is not eligible to participate in their program.
How Do I Join The AppOptix Panel?
Joining the AppOptix program is very simple and can be done in 3 easy steps.
1. Register. You can apply for an account here. You’ll be required to enter some information about your phone and your email.
3. Be Accepted as a panel member. If you have the app installed, you’re already an active panel member. Just leave the app on your phone and start collecting points. These points can be cashed out in the form of Amazon gift cards.
The amount of money that you can earn with the AppOptix app isn’t that much. They calculate that if you leave the app running for 12 months straight you can earn a total of $50 dollars per year in the form of gift cards.
When it comes to passive income apps, AppOptix sits at the bottom of the barrel in terms of money earned. However, the app is completely passive and the only time you have to use the app is when you log-in and redeem your points
That’s why this app is best used in conjunction with other passive income apps. If you have this app installed with Panel App and Media Insiders Panel, you could raise your passive income to roughly $300 dollars per year. Not bad for doing absolutely nothing.
The downside about AppOptix is that it’s not supported on a lot of devices. I recommend at least trying to install it to see if you are eligible for their panel. By taking about 5 minutes to setup an account, you can earn money from your phone for doing nothing.
You are eligible for more than one account per household, but you can only register one device per account.
AppOptix won’t collect any of your personal data and is only set out to gather information regarding your phone’s performance. This means that they won’t have access to your emails, messages or photos.
If you’re looking to find other apps that are passive or are almost passive, I recommend the following:
Make sure to check back often on Frugal For Less as we will continually be adding new information about other apps that can make you money. Thanks for reading. If you have any questions or comments, leave them down below. Happy frugaling!