Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short time. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Looking for a great way to earn some passive income? The Nielsen Mobile App sits in the background on your phone and collects data while it pays you. You don’t have to do any work, and the app takes up very little resources on your phone. And don’t worry – they don’t hand out any of your personal information.
What Is Nielsen Mobile?
Nielsen Mobile Rewards is a free mobile app that is currently only available for Android devices (sorry iPhone users). After the installing the app to your tablet, smartphone, or e-reader, let the app sit in the background and you’re already earning cash. There’s no need to open the app once you’re setup, and all you have to do is cash out when you have enough money.
Nielsen Mobile is paying you for your data. When you install Nielsen Mobile to your phone, you’re allowing it to access information about what type of websites you visit, how long your phone calls are, etc. Keep in mind that they will not take any personal information, such as what is actually being said during your phone calls or what messages are in your texts. All data is encrypted and anonymous.
Even though this app is based and developed in the UK, it still works in the US. If you’re from another country, go ahead and give it a try to see if it works in yours. Essentially what you’re getting is 100% passive income with Nielsen Mobile, so it’s definitely worth a try.
How Do I Get Started & Signed-Up With Nielsen Mobile?
Signing-up for Nielsen mobile is pretty straightforward and can be done in 3 simple steps.
1. Download the app. You can download the Nielsen Mobile App directly from the Google Play Store by clicking this link here. As stated above, there currently isn’t an iOS version available.
2. Register a new account. Registration make take a short while as you have to enter a lot of personal information. Just keep in mind that none of this is shared with third parties, so you can guarantee that your information is safe.
3. Activate your account. You’ll know if your account is up in running when you open the app. It should say “Active” with a big green check mark. You’re already on your way to earning some passive income. Congrats!
How Much Can I Earn With Nielsen Mobile?
To be honest, the amount you’re going to earn with this app isn’t a lot of money. It’s only $50 dollars per year. However, if you just leave it sitting and don’t do anything, you’re basically getting a free $50 dollars for doing nothing, since the income is completely passive. You can redeem payments on a monthly basis.
If you’re looking for other apps that do the same type of thing, we recommend the following. They are also mobile meters and do the same type of data collecting that Nielsen Mobile does.
There are quite a bit more apps that we’ve mentioned that give you some sort of passive income, but this should be enough to get you started.
Even though you’re only getting small amount each month, if you let the app run on your phone for an entire year you’re going to get a free $50 dollars. That’s enough for a nice meal or at least 5 decent ones (depending on the city you are in of course).
I’ve been running Nielsen Mobile for about 6 months and am already past $25 dollars. It only took me about 10 minutes to register and I basically am receiving cash for doing nothing.
If you have any questions or comments, or perhaps got lost when installing the app, feel free to leave them in the comments below. We are more than happy to help. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.