WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- Webull: Earn 2 free stocks of value between $5 - $1,400 when you open a new account and make your first deposit of any amount. Open Your Webull Account Now
Ebates is a popular online shopping portal that pays you to use their affiliate links when making an online purchase. Normally these cash back portals only work for purchases over the internet, but now Ebates has gone over the edge and will give you cash back for making purchases at brick-and-mortar stores.
What Is Ebates?
As mentioned above, Ebates is an online shopping portal that gives you cash back each time you use one of their affiliate links to make a purchase. They receive a commission and give the majority of it to their user, you.
There are quite a few popular shopping portals out there, and to be honest Ebates usually has one of the lowest cash back rates out there. Yet they are the first one to give you cash back for in-store purchases. Furthermore, be sure to check their app for rates, as they may differ from those posted on their website (will be highlighted in green).
These portals are partnered with thousands of online retailers, so it’s usually a good idea to browse for the best rates before making any online purchase. Once you have a minimum in your portal account (usually $20), you can request a check or have it sent directly to your PayPal.
Keep in mind that since this feature is new, there are only specific stores that are eligible for in-store cash back. Not only that, but only specific credit cards work as well. I linked a Discover Card, a MasterCard, a Visa, and an American Express card to my account. Only the Visa and American Express have the option to enable in-store cash back.
How Do I Get In-Store Cash Back With Ebates?
It’s pretty simple to setup in-store cash back, but there are a few things you want to be aware of. Here we break it down into 4 steps.
1. Register. If you haven’t already, you’ll need to register for a new Ebates account by clicking this link here. You get a free $10 bonus to a gift card of your choosing when you sign-up.
3. Link your credit card. It actually took me a while to figure this part out. Once you have the app opened and are logged-in, go to the “My Ebates” tab located at the bottom-left-hand corner of the screen. Scroll down until you hit “Buy Now Settings” > “Credit Cards.”
You can choose any credit card of your choosing, but so far we’ve only found that American Express and Visa are eligible for in-store cash back. After you type in your credit card information, be sure to click on “Enable Cash Back.”
4. Shop at eligible stores. It’s going to be difficult to find stores that have in-store cash back enabled since there are so few of them. When you’re browsing through a list of retailers, you’ll notice a green store icon next to a retailer.
When you click on that retailer, you’ll see an option for in-store cash back and how much it is. Go ahead and link that particular offer to your card. When you make the purchase, wait up to 30 days to receive cash back in your account.
How Can I Earn Extra Money With Ebates?
Aside from getting cash back on your purchases, one of the best ways to earn some extra cash is through their referral program. Right now they’re having a promotion that awards you $100 for referring 3 friends. On top of that, each referral automatically enters you in a drawing to win $50,000. After that, each additional is $5. Support FFL by using our referral link here. We’d greatly appreciate it!
I’m hoping that other cash back portals jump on board and start offering in-store cash back. This way it will raise competition and hopefully competitive cash back rates.
Remember that right now only few stores have the in-store cash back option with Ebates, but more are hopefully going to be added soon. If you have any questions about how this works, let us know. Thanks for reading!