WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Beauty and skincare products are my guilty pleasure, but I still stay frugal when I shop. By using coupons and rewards programs, I often save money.
I try my best to stick to affordable brands that are cruelty-free, too. There are a few that I really love, but I still try to keep an eye out for new ones.
I recently heard about Ella + Mila, a beauty brand that offers nail polish, lip products, and more. Their fair pricing and cruelty-free formula stood out to me.
It’s often difficult to find an animal-friendly brand that doesn’t break the bank. If you’re a budget beauty lover like me, read this post to learn more about Ella + Mila.
And as a bonus, you can get a discount by using the coupon code FRUGAL40. This gives you 40% off of your total order until June 30th.
To use this coupon, your order needs to be a minimum of $20 after the coupon is applied.
About Ella + Mila
Before I discuss their products, I want to briefly talk about the unique history of Ella + Mila. The brand is named after the twin daughters of one of the founders.
The whole concept of Ella + Mila is very simple – they aim to offer eco-friendly products that are high-quality.
The company started out with nail polish created from a seven-free formula. This type of formula is very popular because it’s considered safe and healthy.
Ella + Mila expanded their line in June 2017, and they now offer a selection of liquid lipsticks. All of their products are PETA certified, so animal lovers can feel confident when they choose Ella + Mila.
The cruelty-free brand quickly gained popularity after their launch.
Their products have been featured in many publications: American Spa, U.S. Weekly, Nails Magazine, Southern Living, and more. You can view all of their editorial features here.
What Is 7-Free Nail Polish?
7-free nail polish is any nail polish made without using seven dangerous chemicals found in many polishes. In 2013, I learned about these chemicals and stopped using nail polishes that contain them. I’ve listed the chemicals below and provided some info about why they’re dangerous.
- Toluene – Toluene is a liquid solvent that can cause issues when inhaled or when it comes into contact with skin. Aside from skin irritation, inhaling toluene can cause lightheadedness and nausea. It’s particularly hazardous for pregnant women because it’s linked to birth defects.
- Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) – DBP is a commonly used plasticizer, but studies are rapidly showing how dangerous it can be. It’s been linked to cancer and birth defects in animal studies.
- Formaldehyde – If formaldehyde sounds familiar, it’s because it’s commonly used as an embalming fluid for dead humans and animals. Inhaling this chemical can trigger asthma and cause irritation. Formaldehyde has also been linked to cancer.
- Formaldehyde Resin – While less dangerous than formaldehyde, this derivative is a potential allergen. It’s used in industrial strength coatings and adhesives.
- Camphor – Camphor is a popular nail polish ingredient, but it actually causes direct nail damage. This coating chemical weakens nails and causes yellowing and discoloration. Additionally, it’s poisonous when inhaled in large amounts.
- TPHP – This chemical ingredient is used to create flame-retardant plastics. Animal studies show that inhaling TPHP can cause reproductive issues and other health problems.
- Xylene – Xylene is an irritant that causes issues through inhalation or direct contact with skin. Potential side effects range from headaches and dizziness to tremors and comas.
As you can see, these ingredients are seriously dangerous. They’re unfortunately used in dozens of nail polish brands despite research that proves the risks.
All Ella + Mila products use a strict 7-free formula that’s as gentle, safe, and natural as possible.
Ella + Mila Nail Products
I was pretty impressed when I saw how diverse Ella + Mila nail products are. Their single polishes come in a wide range of colors – nudes, neons, bolds, and more.
There are also glitter and shimmer options available. Each polish is animal-friendly, chip-resistant, and quick drying.
Priced at $10.50, these polishes are competitively priced. Salon nail polishes that contain the seven chemicals mentioned above are in the same price range.
The duo sets are priced at $16, and the trio sets are only $26.00. You can easily pay less per bottle with these options.
Ella + Mila has a nice selection of nail care products, too. Their soy nail polish remover is one of their most highly rated products
They also offer cuticle remover, drying drops, matte top coat, nail strengtheners, base coats, and more. All of these use the 7-free formula and focus on nourishing ingredients.
Ella + Mila Lip Products
Ella + Mila liquid lipsticks come in three different finishes – glossy, creamy, and velvet matte. Like the nail polish selection, the color range is impressively diverse.
There are bold reds, punchy pinks, subtle nudes, and plenty of other options.
When browsing their collection, I was impressed by the ingredients and features of the lip products. They all use a completely cruelty-free vegan formula.
They’re also enriched with Vitamin E, an effective natural moisturizer. Some colors feature a light mint scent, but others are scent-free.
Single lip products from this brand cost $16. Again, they are pretty competitively priced. Vegan liquid lipsticks tend to start at $8 for drugstore products, and higher-end products usually cost $20 or more.
Ella + Mila offers a Perfect Duo option where you can get a matching lip color and nail color for only $23.00. If you’re interested in trying out both products, this is a simple way to save some cash.
Ella + Mila Rewards Program
Before I wrap things up, I want to mention the Ella + Mila rewards program. Rewards programs are an excellent way to earn discounts and freebies, and this program is no exception. I’m honestly impressed by how generous it is.
You earn two points per $1 spent, and every 100 points net you $1 off of your purchase. Here are other ways to rapidly earn points:
- 100 points for liking Ella + Mila on Facebook.
- 100 points for sharing Ella +Milaa on Facebook
- 100 points for following Ella + Mila on Twitter
- 100 points for sharing Ella Milala on Twitter
- 100 points for following Ella + Mila on Instagram
- 100 points for reviewing your Ella + Mila purchase on their website
- 300 points for creating a free Ella + Mila account
- 500 points for referring friends when they make their first Ella + Mila purchase
- 1,000 points on your birthday
That’s an instant 2,400 points and a whopping $24 in Ella + Mila shopping credit. Needless to say, this no strings attached rewards system is very appealing.
It’s easy to see that Ella + Mila is an excellent budget-friendly option for cruelty-free cosmetics. If you’re interested, don’t forget to use our promo code FRUGAL40 for 40% off before June 30th.
This deal makes it easy for you to try out the brand without spending much at all.
For more money-saving beauty options, check out the following Frugal For Less posts:
- 7 Makeup Websites With Price Points Of $10 Or Less
- 17 Popular Makeup Products Under $5
- Top 36 Drugstore Makeup Deals Under $20
- 20 Fashion And Beauty Sites That Offer Free Shipping
You’ll quickly find affordable products, free offers, and more by browsing the article above.