WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 point bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
When you make a $75 purchase at Walmart using their new mobile app, you get a free $10 e-gift card that can be used toward your next purchase. This deal is only available from July 25th – July 27th, so take advantage while you can. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
What Other Ways Can I Save At Walmart?
We’re also going to list a few other tricks and hacks that you can use to save money at Walmart.
1. Use Ibotta To Get Cash Back Rebates On Your Purchase
Ibotta is a free mobile app that pays you to scan receipts to your phone from certain stores. If one of the products that they have listed matches the product that you purchase, you’re eligible for cash back.
Here’s the steps you need to take:
- You can download the Ibotta app for both iPhone and Android devices by clicking this link here.
- Check the Ibotta app for deals and discounts at Walmart. Right now they currently have over 200 items available for cash back on the app.
- Once you purchase the item, take a quick survey (no more than 3 questions) and scan the barcode of the selected item with your phone.
- Take a picture of the receipt. If the receipt is too long, you can take multiple pictures. Just be sure to include the total, store location, and all products in order to get credited.
- Within 24 hours you should have cash back deposited to your Ibotta account. Once you reach a minimum balance of $10, you can withdraw for gift cards or a $20 minimum to PayPal.
If you’re interested in other apps that get you cash back for scanning receipts, you can view our complete list here.
2. Use An Online Shopping Portal
Online shopping portals are websites that partner with thousands of retailers across the web and paste their links onto a single site. When you click on one of these links to shop online, they earn a commission. The majority (if not all) of the cash is given back to you in the form of cash back.
The cash back portal that gives the highest amount of cash back at Walmart is BeFrugal. They give you 4% cash back when you use their link to shop at Walmart. This amount applies to almost any purchase with a few exceptions such as gift cards. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Sign-up for a free BeFrugal account here. New members get a $10 sign-up bonus.
- Type in “Walmart” in the search bar to find out how much cash back they’re giving. It should be 4% for BeFrugal.
- Click on the “Shop Now” button to be redirected to the Walmart website.
- Make your purchase like you normally would. BeFrugal will keep track of all your purchases.
- When your account reaches a minimum cash back balance of $25, you can cash out to PayPal or for gift cards.
Registering for a cash back portal costs absolutely nothing, and the rates differ at each one. In order to reach the minimum amount of cash back needed to withdraw, try using the portal at all retailers when you shop online, not just Walmart. You can also view our list of Top 10 Reputable Portals and compare cash back rates next time you shop online.
How Do I Quickly Find Out Which Portal Has The Best Rate?
Since there are so many different portals now, it can be a real hassle trying to compare between each one for just one store. Fortunately, there’s a tool called Cash Back Monitor to solve this problem. Simple go to their page and type in the retailer you wish to shop at. Not only that, but it also shows you how many airline points you can potentially earn.
Once you click on search, a list of results will be displayed of the available portals and their cash back amount for that particular retailer. As you can see from the image above, we typed in Overstock.com and found that Ebates was the best portal for this site, giving 6% in cash back – not a bad deal for little effort. Although it shows that Ebates was the best this time around, keep in mind that these rates may change.
3. Buy A Discounted Gift Card
If you’re paying full price for items at Walmart, there’s a quick and easy way to get discounted gift cards to lower your purchase price. There are now plenty of gift card resellers on the web that sell gift cards to popular retailers at a discount.
If you’re shopping at Walmart, the reseller that currently gives you the best discount is Raise with Walmart gift cards up to 3% off.
If you’re a new member, Raise also gives a $5 credit off of your next purchase just for signing-up. It can take up to 24 hours for the gift card to show up in inbox, but it usually appears within just a few minutes. We highly suggest not getting physical gift cards since they can take up to 7 business days to arrive and are more prone to be lost in the mail.
How Do I Quickly Find The Gift Card Vendor With The Best Rate?
Just like we mentioned Cash Back Monitor above for finding the best shopping portal, there’s also a tool that let’s you find the best rates on gift cards called Gift Card Granny. Type in the gift card that you’re looking for and a list of rates at available resellers will show up.
Keep in mind that these results may change, and for the most part are accurate. However, we always recommend checking the top one or two spots just to make sure that they have the best deal.
Don’t Forget To Combine The Portal With The Gift Card
Now that you have the gift card in hand, you can use it together with the BeFrugal portal mentioned above. The amount of cash back will stack without interfering with one another. Get 4% from the portal and 3% from the gift card for a total of 7% savings at Walmart. While it may seem like a lot of work at first, once you get used to the process it should only take you a couple of minutes.
4. Use Walmart Savings Catcher For Added Price Protection
Walmart already does a great job at offering the best prices, but sometimes competing retailers offer a cheaper price. With the Savings Catcher App, Walmart quickly and automatically compares the prices at competing retailers. If they have a cheaper price, you’re refunded the difference in the form of a Walmart gift card.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Make a purchase at Walmart and keep the receipt. It doesn’t matter if it’s online or in-store.
- Scan the receipt to their app and make sure that the barcode is shown clearly. The app will automatically check the prices at competing retailers. Since there’s no penalty for not finding a discount, you might as well scan your receipt each time.
- If there’s a price difference, Walmart will refund the difference by sending you an e-gift card straight to your inbox.
5. Shop Online But Use In-Store Pickup
Walmart shipping can be quite expensive. If you make a purchase under $50, it’s not going to be free. When you use the shopping portal mentioned above, you have to shop online in order to get the cash back. Unfortunately, they currently don’t work on in-store purchases. But there is a way around this.
When going to make a check out online, simply choose to do the in-store pickup. Not all items will be available for pickup, but most of the common ones will be. Furthermore, it’s often the case that online prices are cheaper than in-store prices. This is because it’s much easier to go to a new store over the internet than it is in-person.
6. The ShopKick App Gives You Cash For Checking-In And Scanning Items
Shopkick is a mobile rewards app that pays you points for checkin-in at certain retailers and scanning product barcodes. These points – known as “kicks” – can be exchanged for gift card to popular retailers such as Amazon and Walmart. 500 kicks is needed for your first reward of a gift card of $2.
Visiting the store is one of the easiest ways to earn kicks. By checking-in at Walmart, you can quickly earn 25 kicks. You can only check-in once a day, but you can also scan product barcodes to earn more points.
Remember that you must use their mobile app to make a purchase of $75 or more to receive the $10 e-gift card. The Walmart hacks to save money in this article are just a few to save you some extra cash. However, we’ve put together a quick guide to help you save 12.5% on all Walmart purchases bought online.
If you have an questions or comments or extra Walmart hacks and tricks, let us know down below. Otherwise, thanks for reading and happy shopping!