WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 point bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
Consumer panel websites are easy, fun, and unique ways to make extra money online. These panels collect information from everyday people like you.
You answer questions about products you use, things you like, and so much more. Major companies use this info to improve their products. You get paid just for sharing your opinion!
Future Talkers is a consumer panel that’s fairly new. It’s backed by a well-known marketing agency that’s been in business for over 20 years.
If you want to make some extra money each month, consider giving Future Talkers a try. Before you get started, read my Future talkers review to learn all you need to know.
What Is Future Talkers?
Before you sign up with Future Talkers, I think it’s important to learn about the company. This is always a smart move when you want to make money online. I was happy to discover that this company is 100% legitimate. They have an impressive history, and this piqued my interest.
Future Talkers is owned by InSites Consulting. InSites Consulting is a popular and reputable market research agency. They’ve been in business since 1997 and work with major brands worldwide.
According to the company, Future Talkers has over 100,000 panelists in over 30 countries. Future Talkers is a very modern branch of InSites Consulting.
When you sign up for Future Talkers, you become a consumer panelist. You’ll complete tasks such as online surveys, online discussion groups, and more. Later in this post, I’ll explain every task available on the Future Talkers platform.
When you complete a task, you earn cash for it – no confusing points system or hurdles to jump through.
Future Talkers Pros And Cons
I like to start off my reviews by covering essential pros and cons. There is no money making opportunity that is 100% perfect – all of them have their ups and downs.
Future Talkers is relatively new, and most info I found only dated back to 2015. That means the feedback below is fairly recent. I’ve based feedback on online reviews, forum discussions, and my own experience and research with Future Talkers. Here’s what you need to know up front:
- The company behind Future Talkers has a lot of positive feedback.
- Signing up and using the site is 100% free.
- Future Talkers is available in more than 30 different countries.
- You get paid cash via PayPal.
- The minimum payout amount is pretty low.
- You get bonuses just for referring users to the site.
- Before you start a study, you’re told how long it should take, how many questions it will have, and how much you will earn.
- You can apply for the Super Talkers program to get more study invitations.
- You’re notified by e-mail when studies are available, so you don’t have to constantly search for them.
- Payment amounts for studies aren’t listed anywhere on the Future Talkers site.
- The referral program isn’t mentioned anywhere on the Future Talkers site.
- Regular users only receive study invitations anywhere from once a month to once a week.
- You may be screened out of studies if you don’t fully qualify for them.
- The 2% transaction fee from PayPal is deducted from your earnings.
- There is a maximum payout amount, which is unusual for most sites like this.
The pros and cons are pretty common when I compare them to other consumer panel websites. I like that you get paid via PayPal and that the payout minimum is low.
It’s also helpful to know how long a study will be beforehand. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Future Talkers is available in about 30 to 50 countries. This is rare for online money making opportunities.
The cons that stood out to me are about how vague the Future Talkers site is. It’s impossible to find out how much you’ll get paid until you actually receive study invitations.
However, this isn’t unusual for consumer panel. The lack of details may be due to agreements with the companies that Future Talkers works with. The transaction fee is a little inconvenient, but it’s pretty small.
To sum it up, my initial impression is fairly good. I don’t think it’s the most lucrative way to make money online. But it does seem pretty low effort, and you may be able to get payments quickly. This makes it worthwhile to me but read on to decide if it is for you, too.
Get Paid For Future Talkers Assignments
Now that I’ve explained consumer panels and studies, I’ll go into a bit more detail. The list below is the type of tasks that you will complete on Future Talkers.
From the reviews I’ve read, completing online surveys is the main way to earn money. Here are other tasks listed on the Future Talkers FAQ page :
- Online surveys. You’ll be told the approximate time each survey will take, exactly how many questions it has, and how much it will pay. This allows you to set aside some time to complete the survey.
- Online discussion groups with a small group of people. These small discussion groups may cover a wide range of topics. With consumer panels, you naturally talk about things you consume/use – media, entertainment, food, household products, and more.
- Online research communities with around 50 to 150 people discussing a shared topic over a longer period of time. This type of study is listed on the Future Talkers website, but there aren’t additional details provided. You may discuss a product that you use over a certain span of time.
- Individual blogging and one-on-one conversations with moderators. Again, this is another study type listed on the Future Talkers site. It isn’t explained in detail, and it sounds pretty unique for a consumer panel.
- Online interviews. Interviews may consist of text or video conversations with Future Talker moderators. You can expect these interviews to have survey style questions. They may cover a general topic, or they may cover a very specific product.
The type of studies that you complete depend on a few factors. As always, your demographic info is the biggest factor. If studies are looking for mothers ages 25 to 30, you’ll only be invited if you fit into this category.
It also depends on how many participants are needed for a study. For example, some companies may want feedback from 50 to 100 consumers. Others may want feedback from 10,000 consumers.
Once you start using Future Talkers, you may notice a pattern of how often you get to complete studies.
How To Sign Up For Future Talkers
Signing up for Future Talkers is easy and just takes a few minutes. This is the process you’ll go through:
- Visit the Future Talkers signup page.
- List your full name, address, date of birth, and gender. You’ll also need to agree to the Terms of Service by clicking a bubble.
- Check off your interests on a provided list. Some examples include fashion, technology, sports, and so on. You can choose as many as you want.
- Answer a few short questions about survey taking. There are about 3 to 5 questions that ask if you enjoy providing your opinion and so on.
- Check your e-mail and click the confirmation link.
- Create a password.
Once you’ve done this, you will begin receiving e-mails for studies. I highly recommend filling out your profile as soon as possible. Your profile collects a lot of demographic information. There are at least 15 profile categories. You’ll answer questions about your:
- Living situation
- Usage of electronics
- How many kids you have (if any)
- Type of car you drive
- Employment status
These are just a few examples. Each of the 15 or so categories has a series of questions. When you answer as many questions as possible, you can easily boost your chances of qualifying for studies.
How Much Can You Earn With Future Talkers?
The answer to this question is a bit tricky. As I mentioned in the pros and cons, there’s no set answer to this question. The Future Talkers website doesn’t say anything about how much studies pay.
The only information given in their FAQ section about this states “The amount of the reward will depend on the length of the survey or the intensity of the research community.”
Fortunately, I found some numbers listed by actual users during my research. These stats come from forums, blog posts, and comment sections on those types of sites. All of this info is from 2015 to 2019, so I think it’s pretty up to date:
- One user earned $10 in 9 days with the use of a referral link.
- Another user earned $15.14 in 4 days without using a referral link.
- One European user said surveys pay €0.30 to €0.50 each or $0.36 to $0.60 each.
- All sources report a referral program where you earn $1.00 to $1.50 per referral.
- Most reviews said it’s possible to earn $10 to $50 per month.
Earning $10 to $50 per month is pretty common for consumer panelists. There’s really no way to predict exactly how much you’ll make. Once again, it’s all based on how many studies match your profile information.
But with referrals, I think it’s realistic to expect a bare minimum of $10 per month.
Future Talkers Payment Information
Future Talkers pays via PayPal in eligible countries. Users in countries without PayPal are offered alternative payment methods. The minimum withdrawal amount is $9.38, and there’s a maximum withdrawal amount of $12.50.
Unfortunately, you are responsible for the 2% transaction fee that PayPal charges. This means if you withdraw the minimum of $9.38, you’ll receive $9.19. If you withdraw the maximum of $12.50, you’ll receive $12.25.
Tips For Earning More With Future Talkers
I was happy to discover some helpful info while researching Future Talkers. These tips may help you earn more money and receive more study invitations. Keep these four things in mind:
- Update your profile information regularly. The studies you qualify for depend on your profile information. Update your profile if any of your info changes. For example, your income level may go up or the number of people you live with may change.
- Become a Super Talker. Once you sign up for Future Talkers, you’ll get a button on your dashboard asking if you’d like to be a Super Talker. Super Talkers receive up to 1 survey per day. All you’ve got to do is click the button, and you’re eligible for more studies.
- Make sure you receive Future Talkers e-mails. I noticed that some forum commenters said Future Talker e-mails were sent to their spam folders. You can avoid this problem by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail contacts.
- Share your referral link. Even if you don’t qualify for many surveys, you can still earn money from Future Talkers. Each referral pays $1.00 to $1.50, which can help you reach the payout minimum faster.
All of these tips are simple and require just 1-2 minutes of effort. They’re definitely worth a shot if you want to make as much money as possible with Future Talkers.
More Free Consumer Panel Sites
The real secret to making money online is using multiple sites. Fortunately, Future Talkers is one of several consumer panel sites with a good reputation. I’ve listed a few more below, and I’ve provided a bit of detail about each one. Use this short list to find more quality consumer panels.
- Nielsen HomeScan Panel – Nielsen HomeScan Consumer Panel is also called National Consumer Panel. It’s a bit different than the other options on this list. Nielsen HomeScan panelists earn by scanning their weekly purchases. The company sends you a scanner, or you’ll be able to download one as a smartphone app. You don’t earn cash, but you’ll receive rewards, prizes, and sweepstakes entries.
- Ipsos I-Say – Since 1975, Ipsos has offered market research services throughout the world. The I-Say program collects your opinions about products you use, entertainment, your shopping habits, and more. You can get paid cash via Paypal, or you can choose from their large selection of gift cards.
- American Consumer Panels – American Consumer Panels is quite different from other options. They hire product testers to work 15 to 25 hours per week. When you test products, you provide data and your personal experiences with them. This gig pays on an hourly basis, so it makes a great part-time job from home.
- Springboard America – Springboard America is a market research company that pays panelists to complete surveys. These surveys cover the same topics as Future Talkers, Ipsos I-Say, and other panels. You can get paid cash via Paypal or you can choose gift cards. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for cash prizes every month.
My Final Thoughts
Overall, I think Future Talkers is an opportunity worth considering. It’s not a website that will make you rich, but it’s a simple and legit option. You can definitely make some extra cash each month just by sharing your opinion. Why not give it a shot?
Consumer panel sites are one of many ways to make money online. Survey sites are pretty similar, so you may enjoy those.
Two recent posts that can help you are 20 Best Survey Sites 2019: Earn Free Cash Taking Surveys From Home and 20+ Best Survey Apps That Will Make You Money (Updated 2019). Use these Frugal For Less posts to discover how you can make extra cash in your spare time.