WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
For all you Chase Freedom cardholders, when you spend a minimum of $15 at select retailers you can earn $15 in statement credit when you use Visa Checkout. Not only that, but we’re going to show you how you can save additional cash on your purchase.
What Is The Chase Freedom Card?
We’re not going to go into a lengthy discussion here, but the Chase Freedom Credit Card is one of the best on the market for multiple reasons. You get 5% cash back on product categories (including Amazon) that rotate quarterly and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Not only that, but it comes with no annual fee and a $100 sign-up bonus after you spend $500 within your first 3 months of opening your account. Let’s take a quick glance at the card:
- 5% cash back on categories that rotate quarterly
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- $100 sign-up bonus
- Price protection up to $2,500 per year
- Rental collision damage waiver
- $25 bonus when you add your first authorized user
How Do I Get $15 In Statement Credit?
When you shop online using Visa Checkout and your Chase Freedom Card, you can earn a special offer of 1,500 Ultimate Rewards Points, which can be redeem for $15 in cash in the form of statement credit or a direct deposit to your bank account.
You must make the purchase at participating retailers. There are over 100 to choose from, so finding one that you want to make a purchase at shouldn’t be too difficult. If you’re already enrolled in Visa Checkout, you can begin shopping immediately.
For those of you who would like a breakdown, we’ve listed it below into 5 simple steps:
1. Get the Chase Freedom Card. If you’re not currently a Chase Freedom Card holder, you’ll need to apply to get one. You need a credit score of around 700 to be eligible. You can apply by clicking this link here.
2. Enroll in Visa Checkout. Once you’ve activated your Chase Card, you’ll need to enroll in Visa Checkout. You’ll need to enter in your name, email address, and of course your Chase Freedom Credit Card number. The entire purpose of Visa Checkout is to make online shopping quick and efficient during checkout.
3. Select a retailer. Log-in to your Visa Checkout page and you’ll be able to view a long list of retailers.
4. Spend $15 or more. When you spend $15 or more at participating retailers, you get $15 in statement credit within 2 billing cycles. Just be sure to use the Visa Checkout feature on the checkout page.
How Can I Save Even More Money?
Don’t forget to use a cash back portal when making your purchase to save some extra cash. In order to find the best portal for your purchase, we’re going to use the CashBackMonitor search engine. Staples will be our example. Type in “Staples” in their search bar and see which portal has the highest amount of cash back.
We see that for Staples, the TopCashback portal has the highest amount of cash back at this time (amount may change). On the TopCashBack page, type in Staples in the search bar and click the cash back link to be redirected to the Staples page.
Make your purchase like you normally would with Visa Checkout, and you’ll be awarded 3.5% in cash back within 30 days.
Since we’re getting 1% cash back on all purchases using the Chase Freedom Card, you’re actually getting a total of 4.5% in cash back and $15 in statement credit when you make a purchase at Staples. If you choose another retailer, the cash back amount will differ.
Even if you’re uncertain as to what to purchase, buy a $15 gift card and save it for later. You’ll still be awarded the $15 statement credit, but if you use a portal you might not be rewarded as some of them don’t allow cash back on gift cards. Be sure to read their terms to find out. If you have any questions, leave them down below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!