WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- Webull: Earn 2 free stocks of value between $5 - $1,400 when you open a new account and make your first deposit of any amount. Open Your Webull Account Now
Welcome back to our cash back app series going on this week.
In this article, we’re going to be reviewing how to use Snap, an app powered by Groupon which allows you to redeem more rewards by saving receipts. Don’t have a smartphone? You can also claim cash back from your computer!
What is Snap by Groupon?
Snap is a smartphone app powered by Groupon after they purchased SnapSaves. By keeping and uploading your receipts, you are eligible for cash back on different items.
Groupon uses the information that it gathers from your receipts and turns into into market research. This information in turn influences products and promotions you see in stores. All information is submitted anonymously, so you don’t have to worry about your privacy. They just want to see what people buy at what price.
How Much Can I Earn?
Compared to a lot of other cash back apps on the market right now (such as Ibotta), Snap does not have a very wide selection of products.
From personal experience, about half of the items available for redemption are usually items that you don’t purchase on a daily basis. However, there are a few good ones such as milk and tomatoes, something you don’t normally see on other cash back apps.
Here are some of the most common items that I have found using this app. Take note that offers do change on a weekly basis, so they’re not always the same:
- Lysol Cleaner
- Brita Filters
There is one great advantage to Snap. It is retailer independent, meaning you can purchase the product from anywhere and still get money.
The amount you can earn per product really depends on the product. Sometimes there will be $1.o0 dollar off any gallon of milk or $.25 cents off tomatoes. The offers vary each week, so be sure to check back what’s available.
If we assume that we can only earn the lowest amount with each receipt at $.25 cents and each receipt takes about a minute to submit, we’re still looking at $15 dollars an hour. That’s a pretty good deal, considering it’s tax free (unless you claim over $600 from Snap in a calendar year).
How Does It Work and How Do I Get Started?
Snap only allows you to receive a receipt once, and you can claim multiple offers on the same receipt. Offers can only be claimed once per week and are updated once a week every Wednesday night.
When you have a minimum of $20 in your Snap account, you can cash out to your PayPal account.
Another grew thing about Snap is that you can upload your receipt via their website or smartphone app, so don’t worry if you still have an old flip phone.
Here we’ve broken it down into 5 simple steps on how to use the Snap app:
1. Go to snap.groupon.com from your smartphone or desktop computer. If you are using a smartphone, you will automatically be redirected to download the app.
Once you are on their webpage, click sign-up and enter your name, email and create a password. You can also use your Facebook account to sign-up.
2. Browse through the offers on the main screen. When you find a product that you’ve purchased, click on the green “Snap Receipt” button at the bottom.
3. Take a photo of the entire receipt in order to be eligible for cash back. If you don’t have a smartphone, simply go to their website and submit a photo.
4. Once you take a picture, select all offers that are available on your receipt.
5. When you finish, click submit receipt. Congratulation! You’ve just earned some cash back.
Are There Any Other Ways to Earn Money?
Fortunately, Groupon Snap comes with a referral program. Each time your friend signs up through your referral link, you receive $1.00 dollar after they submit their first receipt. If you’d like to support Frugal For Less, click here for the referral link.
Don’t forget that Snap can be stacked with other cash back apps as well. Here’s a list of articles that we wrote during our cash back app series about each program:
Have any questions or comments about Groupon Snap? Feel free to leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading!