If you’re looking to get more cash back on your next shopping trip, Checkout 51 offers an incentive for shoppers to get money back for their groceries. Similar to its counterpart Ibotta, this free app will give you money for saving and uploading receipts. Read this guide to get the most out of the Checkout51 app.
What is Checkout 51?
In short, Checkout51 is a smartphone app that gives you cash back by uploading your grocery receipts. Depending on the food product, each time you redeem a receipt you can receive cash back in your Checkout51 account.
Checkout51 offers the cash back incentive to its users in order to collect market research. They then sell this research to retailers who in turn influence prices and promotions on things you buy at the grocery store.
Some of the more common items available for cash back are as follows:
- Ice Cream
- Olive Oil
- Tomato Sauce
- And much more
What Do I Get Out of Using Checkout51 and Is it Worth it?
The offers are never the same each week, so it’s important to always check back. New offers are available every Thursday at 12:00 AM, and the amount of cash back varies per item, usually ranging anywhere from $.25 cents to $4 dollars.
Unfortunately, most offers only include grocery products, but I have noticed that they are slowly expanding which products can be redeemed for cash back.
It takes under a minute to open up the app and claim a rebate. At a minimum of 25 cents per receipt, you’re looking at making around $15 an hour, tax free! (assuming you don’t redeem more than $600 in one calendar year).
Once you have a minimum of $20 in your Checkout51 account, you can request a check for $20 be sent to your door.
How Do I Get Started Using Checkout51?
We broke down using Checkout51 into 5 simple steps:
1. Click here and sign-up for a new account. You can either use your email or Facebook account to register. They will also ask for your current location to check for partnered retailers near you.
3. Log into your app using the information you used to register. After making a purchase, find the offer that you want to redeem and tap on it.
4. Click on the upload receipt button and line up your receipt with the camera. Make sure you capture the entire receipt or else you won’t receive any cash back. For extra long receipts, you can choose to take multiple pictures of one receipt.
5. Once you take the picture, check all of the items that you can redeem cash back for that receipt. Make sure that you check all available possible for redemption, as you can only use receipts once.
6. Congratulations on saving money!. Your receipt will be verified within the next 48 hours.
Take note that receipts can only be used once and there’s only a chance to claim the offer once per week per account.
If you ever spend over $60 or more on any grocery trip, don’t forget the offer at the very bottom that allows you to participate in one entry for a sweepstakes to win $500.
Otherwise, Checkout 51 is completely stackable with other apps. You can use it in conjunction with Ibotta, ReceiptPal and Receipt Hog in order to max your savings on your grocery trip. Add a cash back credit card to the mix to get even more money back.
Check out 8 Steps To Save 40% at the Grocery Store for a complete guide to get the most savings on shopping. Thanks again for reading, and let us know what you think of this app below.