WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
We are concluding this weeks cash back series with our final app, BerryCart. If you like to shop for organic, vegan or gluten-free foods, this app can help get you some of your money back, for free!
What is BerryCart?
BerryCart is a rebate app that allows you to get cash back by scanning your grocery receipts to your smartphone. All cash back is placed within your BerryCart account. Once you reach a certain amount ($5 in this case), you are eligible to withdraw your funds to PayPal.
The reason BerryCart pays you is because they make money as well. They partner with specific brands to gather market information. By uploading your receipt, you are adding to a collective market research project which in turn is sold back to retailers. This data can be very valuable, as BerryCart is willing to pay you money just to figure out what items you purchased on your receipt.
What is Unique About BerryCart From All of the Other Cash Back Apps?
All of the rebate apps that we’ve displayed on Frugal For Less (Ibotta, Checkout 51, etc.) are pretty similar in terms of function and rewards. However, BerryCart has a few that no other apps have yet taken into account.
1. You can get cash back on organic, gluten-free, non-GMO and vegan foods.
Unlike other cash back apps, for you particular shoppers out there, BerryCart is the only one that will give you cash back on organic, gluten-free, non-GMO and vegan foods. In fact, these are the only foods that they have available. If you’re one of those shoppers that are very health-conscious, this is for you.
2. BerryCart Will Tell You Specific Information About a Product
All of the products available for rebate on the BerryCart App come with a small description as to whether it’s organic, non-GMO, etc., or a combination of both. For example, it has Runa, an organic beverage listed as Organic, Non-GMO, Fair Trade and B-Corp. You know exactly what you’re getting.
3. Use Their GPS To Find Out Where to Buy The Product
Some of these items you won’t find at your local supermarket. If you’re uncertain, simply click the where to buy button button to find out the store closest to you that stocks the product you’re looking for.
4. Search By Product Attribute
Maybe you want a product that’s both Organic and Gluten-Free. You can use their filter to be specific about exactly what products you want to buy.
What is the Earnings Potential With BerryCart?
Given the fact that all of the products associated with BerryCart are very specific, unless you do shop for products under the categories mentioned above, you aren’t going to make much money.
However, if you do buy those health-conscious items, then BerryCart can earn you $.25 cents to $1.00 in cash back rewards. Given that it takes you 1 minute per scan, you’re looking at a minimum of $15 dollars an hour. Given this fact, I’d say that it’s not a bad deal.
You can only use a receipt once, so make sure that you claim all of the offers available on your receipt at the same time. Offers are refreshed each week, so make sure to check back every once in a while.
Once you have a minimum of $5 in your account, you can cash out to PayPal.
How Do I Get Started Claiming My Cash Back With BerryCart?
Frugal For Less always breaks it down into a simple step-by-step process so you don’t get confused on how to use rebate apps. To get started with BerryCart, follow these 6 steps below:
2. Log-in on your smartphone and look at the list of products. Tap the offer that you want to redeem.
3. You’ll be taken to the next screen. There may be surveys that you need to complete at the bottom. Complete those and then click the “Redeem” button.
4. Next you’ll be asked to scan the barcode of the product you purchased. It should only take a second for the app to recognize the barcode.
5. On the next screen, take a photo of the receipt. Make sure you capture the entire receipt or else you won’t be eligible for cash back. For extra long ones you can take multiple photos.
6. Once your receipt is scanned, you usually have to wait 24 – 48 hours for the receipt to be processed. Congratulations! You just received your cash back.
Once you have a minimum of $5 in your account, you can transfer your money to PayPal.
Are There Other Ways to Make Money With BerryCart?
Yes. One way to get extra money from BerryCart is by giving away your referral link. Invite a friend with your referral link and receive $2 into your account. If you’d like to support FFL, you can click here and use our referral link.
You can also stack your receipts with other apps that give you rewards or cash back. Here are all of the reviews that we’ve done so far for other rebate apps:
Any questions? Leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling.