WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Our list of Amazon review websites is getting quite large, and now we have another one to add to the mix called Home Product Testing. Agree to leave a product review on Amazon, and you may end up getting it for free or at a very large discount.
What Is Home Product Testing?
Home Product Testing acts as a liaison between sellers and buyers on Amazon. Sellers need to get their product out on the market, and one way they can do this is by receiving lots and lots of reviews. The more positive reviews they have, the better chance that their product gets ranked on Amazon.
In order to do this, sellers are offering their products for free or at a large discount (usually 80% off or higher) in exchange for an honest product review. Buyers are more than happy to take a free product if it only requires writing their honest opinion about it.
You get to choose which products you wish to review. Once you make your selection, the seller will send you their promotional code which you can enter during Amazon checkout.
From there your discount will be applied. Once you receive the product, leave a review afterwards and make sure to be honest about it. Just be sure to leave it after you receive it. If you don’t leave a review or make it a habit of doing it too early, your account will have the grounds for being banned.
While you’re not absolutely required to leave a review, the seller is going to be more likely to send you products in the future if you leave one. After all, they have the final say. Home Product Testing recommends that if you receive a product of bad quality to contact the seller before placing the review. They want to do their best to make sure you are satisfied.
There’s currently a wide array of Amazon review sites (which will mention below), and Home Product Testing is no different. Joining is absolutely free. Check out the products that I’ve received so far:
- Stainless Steel Can Opener – FREE
- Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder – 90% off
- Laundry Bags For Expensive Clothing – FREE
- Hot Sauce Salsas (3-Pack) – FREE
- Proven Platinum Black Balaclava – 87% off
When leaving a review, give as many details as you can and be sure to mention whether you’d recommend it to a friend or not. One caveat is that you must mention a phrase that goes along the lines of this phrase below:
“I received this product at a discount/for free in exchange for my honest review.”
If you forget to leave this phrase or something similar, you are violating Amazon’s TOS, and personally I’d rather be in trouble with a seller than with Amazon.
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started with Home Product Testing is very simple and can be done in 4 easy steps.
1. Register. You can register for a new account by clicking this link here. Click the tab at the top that says “Join as a Reviewer.” You’ll be required to enter in your name and email to join. There’s no fee for registering.
2. Select a product. You can choose from many different products. Don’t forget to scroll down and checkout other pages. Currently there’s no limit to the products you can review, but sellers have access to view your Amazon Profile to see what your reviews are like and how often you leave them.
3. Ask to review. Once you select a product that you’re interested in, you’ll need to contact the seller with your email and Amazon Profile Link. You can do this by clicking on the item and filling out the form on the next page.
4. Purchase & Review product. If the seller approves, you’ll be sent a promotional code. From there you can purchase the product at a discount and apply the code during checkout. Once you receive the product and get a chance to test it, leave your honest opinion about your experience. It’s best to leave one as soon as possible. You can view a sample of my review in the image below (click to enlarge).
Are There Other Sites Like Home Product Testing?
There’s actually a large list of sites that are very similar to Home Product Testing. Here are the ones that we’ve found thus far:
I always check out Home Product Testing before making my final purchase on Amazon. It’s a great way to get a product that I need for absolutely free. If you’re looking for other ways to save on Amazon, we suggest the following:
- Great Deals On Amazon With Warehouse & Amazon Outlet
- How To Get 18.5% Cash Back On Amazon With Discover It
- Get 10% Off All Gift Cards On Amazon
- Free $5 Amazon Gift Card When You Download Their App
If you have any questions or comments that you’d like to leave below, don’t hesitate to do so. As always, thanks for reading and happy frugaling!