WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 point bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
When you own an American Express Credit Card, you are automatically eligible for a free ShopRunner membership. ShopRunner is a service that gives you free two-day shipping on multiple products from online retailers such as Tiger Direct. This can end up saving you lots of money in the long-run.
Normally you’d have to pay $79 dollars a year for a membership, but if you own an American Express Credit Card, all you need to do is log-in and activate your ShopRunner account to get started. Once this happens, you get free unlimited shipping provided that you keep your AMEX card on file with that retailer.
What Retailers Are Linked To ShopRunner?
ShopRunner is partnered with hundreds of different stores, but here are some examples of some major ones:
- Babies R Us
- Tiger Direct
You can view a complete list of eligible retailers by clicking this link here.
Which American Express Card Should I Get?
If you’re looking to get a ShopRunner membership but don’t want to pay the $79 dollar annual fee, we recommend getting the Blue Cash Everyday Card. It comes with no annual fee and gives you 3% cash back on all grocery store purchases. Let’s take a closer look at the card details below.
- No annual fee
- 3% cash back at grocery stores
- 2% cash back at gas stations
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Free FICO credit score on every statement
- Car rental loss and damage insurance
- $100 Sign-Up Bonus
How Do I Sign-Up?
Once you get your AMEX card, signing-up for a ShopRunner account is very simple.
1. Register. You can register for a new account here. Click on the “Get Started” link.
2. Create a login. You’ll be asked to enter your first name, last name and your email account to get started.
How Can I Save Even More Money?
There are other ways to save money aside from just using ShopRunner at online retailers. You can also use what are called cash back portals. These online portals are websites that have partnered with thousands of retailers online. They place a commission link on their blog, and when you buy something using one of their affiliate links, they earn a commission and give a portion of that to you, the buyer. You can view the Top 10 Cash Back Portals here.
We’re going to be using the retailer Tiger Direct as an example since we can use both ShopRunner and a cash back portal. The cash back portal that gives the highest % cash back for Tiger Direct is BeFrugal. Let’s follow the steps below to see how we can save more money.
1. Sign-up for BeFrugal. You can sign-up for the BeFrugal portal by clicking this link here. You’ll need to enter your name, email, and create a password.
3. Buy a product. Make sure that when you search for a product it has the ShopRunner logo next to it so that it’s eligible for free shipping. Upon checkout, you’ll need to choose the ShopRunner option. You won’t be charged for shipping and you’ll receive your product within 2 days.
If you want to learn on how to save even more, you can learn how to get free electronics on Tiger Direct. Discover also has a cash back portal that gives you 5% back at Tiger Direct called Discover Deals, but this one requires a Discover Card.
Before buying something at an online retailer and paying for shipping, make sure to check if it’s eligible for ShopRunner free shipping first. It will save you some extra cash, and using a cash back portal can add even more to your savings.
If you’d like to know more ways on how to save money from online shopping, we recommend the articles below:
- Discover It allows you to save up to 18.5% on Amazon
- Save 12.5% on all products at Walmart
- Save 10% or more on coffee at Starbucks
If you have any questions or know of any other ways to save money online, feel free to let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling.