Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short time. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Teaching English on the side is a great way to make some extra money, and you don’t even need any experience to get started. When you sign-up for Cambly, you’re automatically accepted and students have the final say in who they choose to teach them.
What Is Cambly?
Cambly is company that hires those who have a really strong command of the English language to teach others. No experience is required, and as long as you pass a language test you’re automatically accepted as a tutor.
If you’re an active speaker, you should have no difficulty in passing.
The great thing about Cambly compared to most other teaching programs is that you don’t have to complete a full hour in order to get paid.
You get paid at a rate of $.17 USD/minute or $10.20/hour. All earnings are sent to your PayPal account automatically on the 1st and the 15th of each month.
You can work as little or as much as you want. When you feel like teaching, simply log-in and state that you’re ready to teach. A student who is interested in taking a class with you will ping you. If you want to teach that particular student, you can accept their request and begin right away.
Make sure to fill out a decent profile and also record a strong introduction video in order to get more students. Prepare your teaching materials and do a good job teaching, as students will leave reviews on how they thought the class went afterwards.
Cambly also has the feature where you can sign-up for a two-hour shift or take in missed calls from other tutors. If that isn’t your cup of tea, feel free to log-in whenever you want to see if there’s anyone available.
Since Cambly checks your internet when you initially sign-up, be sure that you’re in a spot with a fast and reliable connection. You’ll also need a webcam, and if you don’t have one you can always buy one on Amazon for cheap.
How Do I Get Started With Cambly?
Getting started with Cambly is completely free and can be done from either your phone or a PC. For simplicity’s sake, we’re going to show you how to create an account on the PC.
1. Register. You can register for a new Cambly account by clicking this link here. You can either sign-up with Facebook or a valid email address. You’ll need to have your internet connection tested as well.
2. Record a video. Record an introduction video that explains your teaching experience and what you think makes you such a great teacher to work with. This is very important in attracting new students. Be unique and mention skills that you know, as students may want to discuss particular topics.
3. Fill out your profile. Fill out your profile and make it sound inviting and have it look nice. The more certifications and skills that you list, the more likely you’re going to get students to come to you first.
4. Teach. Once your account is approved you can log-in and begin teaching immediately. You get to chose your hours and be your own boss. Payments are made via PayPal once you hit a minimum of $20 in your account.
Cambly is great because you get paid by the minute. If you only have just 10 minutes to spare, you can log-in and make some extra cash without having to worry about dedicating a large amount of time.
Remember to do a good job filling out your profile information as it’s extremely crucial to attracting students; you’ll want to stand out from others. Have questions? Leave them down below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.