WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
If you’re currently a US college student, you can get cash by agreeing to lock your phone and pay attention in class. A new mobile app called Pocket Points wants to reward you for getting good grades and pursuing your education.
What Is Pocket Points?
Pocket Points is a free mobile phone application that pays you to not use your phone during class. When you open up their application and put it in lock mode, you have no choice but to pay attention to lecture. The more time that passes by while Pocket Points is in lock mode, the more points you earn.
When you get to a minimum amount of points, you can redeem them to get discounts at online and local businesses. This includes bargains at retailers such as Starbucks, Burger King, and Panda Express. In order to actually earn points, you must be located on campus, and Pocket Points will track your location to make sure you’re actually there and listening to your professors.
Not all cities in the US are currently enrolled with Pocket Points, but if you’re in a semi-large city or bigger, more likely than not you’re going to appear on their eligibility list. There are even a few universities in Canada that they cover as well. You can check out the full list of cities that they cover by clicking this link here and scrolling down, or you can download their app to see if you’re eligible.
How Do I Get Started Earning Cash With Pocket Points?
Signing-up with Pocket Points is simple and can be done in 3 simple steps.
2. Select your school. Go ahead and type in your school so that Pocket Points can use your location to determine whether you are on campus or not. If your school is not listed on the app, you can always suggest it to them. After that, Pocket Points will recommend that you connect to Wi-Fi to improve accuracy when earning points. As you can see from the image below, I selected my alma mater, the University of Washington.
3. Earn points and get discounts. You must be on campus to earn points. Each time you listen to a lecture for a certain amount of hours, you’ll advance to the next level. Your phone must be locked for points to rack up. Points can be used for discounts, and there’s usually at least a few nearby bars for each university on the app to claim your points.
Pocket Points is a great way for university students to both receive discounts at restaurants and online retailers and also offers an excellent method that forces you to pay attention in class. After all, you’re paying a lot of money for school, so you might as well get the most out of it.
If you’re looking for other easy ways to earn money through smartphone apps, we highly recommend the following:
For all of you who have questions or comments regarding Pocket Points, feel free to leave them down below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!