WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
I didn’t think it was possible, but I’ve just found my favorite rewards site out there. If you enjoy listening to music and telling what you think about it, Slicethepie is the site for you. You get paid to leave your opinion on your favorite songs as well as being a fashion critic. For those of you who can type fast, it’s a quick and easy way to make some money.
What Is Slicethepie?
Back in 2007, Slicethepie was originally launched as a way to identify up-and-coming artists. Today it has evolved in to one of the web’s largest review platform for both music and fashion.
Slicethepie works with artists and fashion designers from both the US & the UK. They promote their songs/products and pay a small commission to Slicethepie every time someone leaves a review on their product. A percentage of this cash goes to the user, you.
You need to leave a review of just 60 words per song, and you must listen to it for at least 90 seconds. The amount you earn per review depends how experienced you are, as Slicethepie will rewards those who have been a member for a longer time.
How Do I Get Started Earning Money With Slicethepie?
Signing-up for Slicethepie is very simple and can be done in 3 easy steps.
1. Register. You can register for an account by clicking this link here. Click on “New User” and fill out some basic information such as your name, email address and date of birth. You’ll also be asked to give away your current location.
I actually had troubles registering with Slicethepie. When I clicked the “Register” button, it wouldn’t go through. If this happens to you, simply email their support team and they’ll get you registered and send you a confirmation email.2. Fill out information. So that Slicethepie has a better idea about which type of people are leaving their reviews, they may ask you a few personal questions before you get started. These include your gender, age, etc. – no personal information will be given to third parties.
When they ask about what type of genres of music you’re interested, select ALL the types that interest you. This way you can get more reviews. Just be honest about your answers.
3. Leave a review. Slicethepie will get you started immediately on leaving a review. Below you can view a sample of one I left on a country song. You need a minimum of 60 words, but feel free to leave more. A minimum of 90 seconds is required to listen to the song, but they won’t stop playing it if you really like it and want to keep going.
4. Leave more reviews. You can leave reviews any time by clicking on the “Review” tab at the top of the page. Be sure to make sure your reviews are specific enough or they won’t credit you and will make you redo it!
5. Cash out. The only way to redeem your earnings is by getting a direct cash deposit to PayPal (and I wouldn’t have it any other way). You need a minimum of $10 dollars. You can also view your star rating, with a minimum of 1 star and a max of 5.
How Much Can I Earn With Slicethepie?
On average, you’re looking at earning around $.05 cents per review to start out. Although it’s not very much starting out, the fact that you get to listen to music and leave your opinion about it is what makes it fun and worthwhile.
The more experience you gain leaving reviews, the higher your star status will become and thus more income in your pockets.
- 1 Star – $.05/Song
- 2 Stars – $.010/Song
- 3 Stars – $.12/Song
- 4 Stars – $.15/Song
- 5 Stars – $.20/Song
If you get to a star status of 5 stars, you’ll be looking at making around $8 dollars per hour. This really isn’t bad if you’ve got some spare time and enjoy listening to music.
Sometimes it’s really difficult to know what exactly Slicethepie is looking for in their reviews. Often times I find that my reviews pass with ease, but there’s been a few times where they say I need to be more detailed, etc. This guide on HubPages gives an excellent explanation of exactly what they’re looking for.
How Can I Earn Even More?
Slicethepie has a pretty good referral program, giving you 20% of what your friends make for the first 60 days and 10% after that. Send out a mass invite via Facebook or Twitter and convince as many as you can to sign-up. If you’d like to support FFL, you can use our referral link here. We’d greatly appreciate it!
This is the rewards program that I enjoy the most out of any other one that I’ve experienced so far. On top of that, it has a decent pay rate so you’re actually getting something for your time. You could honestly make a living off of this website if you don’t mind earning $8 dollars/hour (once you hit 5-star status).
Make sure to make your reviews as detailed as possible so that you don’t waste your time writing a review and then having to do it all over again. Be specific about lyrics, rhythm and beat.
If you’re interested in another site that pays you to listen to music, try Music X-Ray. Then send you new songs in your inbox. Have questions or comments? Leave them below and we’ll respond as soon as we can. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!