WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
What if you could get paid for doing something you do on a frequent basis, such as surfing the web? We’ve already written an article on one way to do this with Bing Rewards. However, I don’t always prefer to use Bing to find what I’m looking for. With Qmee it doesn’t matter. You’ll always get paid no matter what search engine you use.
What Is Qmee?
Qmee is an internet company helps advertisers reach out to their target market via a browser extension. Each time you type in a search result, Qmee displays a small, sidebar window that displays ads related to what you’re looking for.
If you are interested in one of the ads, click on it and collect cash. Only ads that are considered relevant to your search are shown. The amount you earn per click will be shown to the right of the advertisement.
You don’t have to do anything different than what you would normally do, meaning you can search online using Google, Amazon, Yahoo, Ebay or Bing.
Qmee works on Mac OSX, Windows and Linux operating systems using Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari or Opera browsers. If your browser doesn’t support the current version of Qmee, you might want to consider updating. If you have adblock currently turned on, you shouldn’t have a problem viewing any of the ads.
Qmee is currently only available to US and UK users.
How Do I Start Earning Money?
Signing-up for Qmee is very simple and can be done in 3 easy steps.
1. Create an account. Creating a Qmee account can be done by clicking this link. You can either sign-up by entering in an email address or linking your Facebook or Twitter account. If you’d like to support FFL, you can use our referral code here. We’d greatly appreciate it!
2. Install Qmee. Once you’ve entered in your log-in information, your browser will automatically be detected by their systems. They will walk you through the steps on how to install their software to your browser. You can see that I’m using FireFox in the image below. When you click on the “Get Qmee” button, a pop-up box will appear, confirming you want to install the plugin.
3. Go ahead and start searching. If the plugin is installed you can test it by making searches via your favorite search engine. Try a couple of searches for testing purposes to see if the sidebar appears. Click on an ad to go ahead and start earning money.
Remember, do not click on all of the ads that you will see. I did this at first in order to increase my account balance, but it resulted in Qmee never giving me advertisements again. Only click on a result if you are generally interested in it (or only one at a time).
4. Cash out. Go back to Qmee.com to see your current cash balance. You can either make deposits directly to your PayPal account or donate to charity.
The amount you can make depends on the amount of searches you make. According to their FAQ, each click varies from pennies all the way up to roughly $1.
From personal experience and after reading multiple forums, the average user can expect to earn about $5 per month. While each search result may not yield each money, you’re making semi-passive income since using Qmee requires very little work. Basically, you’re getting paid to do next to nothing.
The great thing about Qmee is that you can request a payout for any amount, even as low as one penny. Payments are prompt and are usually sent within minutes after requesting them.
If you want to earn more, be sure to make genuine searches. By doing this Qmee will see that you are building up your value as a member and offer you more ads as a normal part of your online searching. This is why you should only click on an ad if you find it relevant to what you’re looking for, not just to earn money.
The amount you make per click is determined largely in part by how much the business placing the ad is willing to pay.
Make Even More When You Refer A Friend
After being a user for a while, Qmee will send you an email with a referral link that you can give to friends when they sign-up. You can view this link by clicking on the “dashboard” tab under your profile. When your referral cashes out for the first time you’ll receive $1.00 in your Qmee account. You can support FFL by using our referral link here. Thank you!
Qmee is a great way to supplement your side income or give you some extra cash if you’re unemployed or in-between jobs. The best suggestion that I can give new users is to be genuine about your searches and only click on ads relevant to you. If you try to cheat the system, Qmee will catch on and never show you any ads again (this happened to me the first time).
Except to earn around $5 a month. While it’s not much, every little bit helps. If you can’t find out why your browser isn’t supporting their software, updating should fix the problem. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below. I’d also like to hear how much you’re making on your searches. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling.