WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- DoorDash: Drive for DoorDash and start earning money on your own time! No passengers, no bosses, no limits. Drive For DoorDash Now & Get Your First Paycheck This Week
A while back, Amazon came out with a new program called Amazon Dash. This allows you to quickly replenish your household supplies (toilet paper, laundry detergent, etc.) at the mere press of a button. Right now they’re holding a special promotion that gives you $4.99 your first Amazon Dash purchase when you buy your first button for free.
What Is Amazon Dash?
Amazon Dash is a service that consists of multiple different components:
- A scanning device that integrates with Amazon Fresh. Each time you run out of a specific inventory on a certain item, it will automatically be reordered.
- The Amazon Dash button is a small electronic device placed anywhere you want around the house, typically meant to be placed near consumer items that you have to buy on a frequent basis. When you run out, press the button and it automatically orders more.
- The Amazon Dash Replenishment Service for manufacturers. This adds a button or a detection capability to devices in order to reorder supplies from Amazon.
The component we’re going to be looking at is the Amazon Dash Button. Let’s say you buy toilet paper on Amazon (and I highly recommend you do since it’s incredibly cheap). Place the Amazon Dash button near the toilet, and when your stock is low go ahead and press it. The item that you program into the button will then automatically be reordered from your Amazon account.
Right now there’s an Amazon promotion that gives you $4.99 in credit toward your first Dash purchase when you buy a Dash button for $4.99. This essentially makes your first button free.
Users are able to configure each Dash button to order a specific product as well as a specific quantity. This can be changed on their Amazon account. Buttons are mounted around the house either using adhesive tape or a clip. This promotion is only temporary.
When the button is pressed, a wi-fi signal is sent to the Amazon Shopping app. From there, new stock is ordered and a message is sent to the user’s phone to notify them that an order has been placed.
From the moment the button a press, there’s a 30 minute window in which the user can cancel the order. Dash buttons are currently only available to Amazon Prime members. If you’re worried about someone pressing the button multiple times, there’s a protection mechanism that won’t allow for a new order until the current order ships (unless you change this setting).
What Products Are Available Through Amazon Dash?
Only common household products can be ordered using Amazon Dash, but there’s a lot to choose from. Here’s a list of a few examples of buttons they currently have available for $4.99 each:
- Tide Pods and Powder
- Finish Dishwasher Detergent
- Ziploc Bags
- Gillette Razors
- Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- Greenies Dog Treats
You can view the full list of Amazon Dash Products here.
How Do I Get The $4.99 Promotion Bonus?
Getting your first Amazon Dash button along with the free $4.99 in credit on your first purchase can be done in just 3 simple steps.
1. Browse buttons. There are about 25 different Amazon Dash buttons available, each associate with a specific brand. Browse through their list.
2. Place order. Go ahead and place the order for a new Dash button. A $4.99 credit will automatically be added to your account and will be taken off of your next Dash purchase. Take note that this promotion only applies to your first button.
3. Conveniently restock household items. Next time you run out of a specific item, you can have it reordered at the click of a button. Literally.
It’s best to get your button while the promotion lasts. This is meant for a convenient way to quickly reorder household supplies, but I can understand why some people might not be excited about the new Dash Program.
This only causes you to order more than you really need and not be conservative about your current stock of items. If you’re not disciplined about your money or have family members that will continually press the Dash button for fun, it might be best to start with one and try it out. If you have any questions, leave them down below. Thanks for reading!