WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
We’re introducing another rewards site called GetPaidTo that pays you cash for completing tasks online. This includes filling out surveys, watching videos and a lot more. We’ll be sure to cover how much you can get paid for each task and also whether it’s worth it or not. Registration is 100% free.
What Is GetPaidTo?
GetPaidTo (register here) is an online rewards site that pays you points called Get Paid To Points (GPT Points) for completing tasks. These points are used to redeem cash prizes such as gift cards or PayPal deposits. You don’t need to pay to sign-up.
The great thing about this site is that it’s an international rewards site. This means that you can be from almost any country and still participate with GPT. Whatever you do, don’t use a VPN. We tested this, and it turns out they they will block you from earning points while in use. Fortunately our account wasn’t banned, but this doesn’t mean that yours won’t be with frequent use.
Here’s a quick list of activities you can participate in to earn points. We’ll go into more detail about how much each one pays and their description below:
- Fill out surveys
- Watch videos
- Listening to the radio
- Completing tasks
- Offer walls
- Games & promotions
- Shopping online
- Referring friends
How Much Can I Earn With GetPaidTo?
We’re going to cover how much each task pays generally pays out and whether we recommend it or not. Keep in mind that 500 GPT points is equivalent to $1 USD. You need a minimum of 500 GPT points in order to cash out. Furthermore, depending on the country that you’re located in, the points that you earn per task may differ. We’re only going to cover payout rates for US citizens.
You can find these activities under the “Earn” tab found in the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Recommended: Yes
- Payout Estimate: $6 – $7 per hour
The surveys on GetPaidTo are surprisingly high compared to other rewards sites. The only difficulty is that you may not find any available from time to time. When you first sign-up, there will be surveys that pay 500 points ($1 USD) for just a few minutes of work. While most surveys don’t pay this much, at this rate you’re looking at $12 per hour. Definitely worth taking a look.
- Recommended: Yes (for the lazy)
- Payout Estimate: 1 point per video
If you’re looking for an easy way to make points with GPT, watching videos is about as easy as it comes. While we do recommend it, this is only because it’s a chance for you to sit back and relax. If you’re willing to put in the extra effort, you’d be better off completing other tasks in terms of earning the most amount of points for your time.
Listening to The Radio
- Recommended: No
- Payout Estimate: A couple of points per hour
Listening to the radio includes choosing a station and listening to songs and ads. When you listen to the radio, points can take up to 48 hours to appear in your account. It’s definitely not worth it since you’re forced to enter a captcha code every so often with such a low payout.
- Recommended: Sometimes
- Payout Estimate: Varies
Completing tasks consists of a multitude of different activities such as filling out surveys, following their social media accounts or just signing-up for offers such as a newsletter. The tasks are generally simple, but sometimes it’s not really worth your time – you’ll have to use your own judgment for that. However, signing-up for a newsletter and getting a quick 50 points is an easy way to get some cash, especially since you can unsubscribe shortly after.
- Recommended: Yes
- Payout Estimate: Varies
What rewards site doesn’t come with an offer wall? Here you can get paid to download and try out apps, make an online purchase, sign-up for a free trial offer, watch videos and take surveys. Keep in mind that not all offers are free. If you sign-up for a free-trial offer, you need to enter in your credit card information.
The payouts for this section can be quite high depending on the task. Quickly read each description, and if it sounds like it doesn’t require too much information or time, I say go for it.
Games & Promotions
- Recommended: If you like games
- Payout Estimate: Unknown
This section currently isn’t available. GetPaidTo recently informed me directly that their developers are prioritizing this section and it should be up shortly.
- Recommended: At the current moment, no (can earn much more elsewhere)
- Payout Estimate: 1% – 10% in cash back
This section can be found under the “Save” tab in the navigation bar at the top of the page. When you click on their links to be redirected to specific retailers, they’ll pay you a certain amount of cash back when you buy something. For example, click on their Best Buy link and get 1% cash back on all purchases. The cash will automatically be placed in your GPT account.
For the time being we do not recommend this activity. The reason for this is because you can earn much higher cash back elsewhere. For those of you who aren’t familiar with how this cash back concept works, it’s exactly the same as cash back portals.
Cash back portals are online websites that have made partnerships with thousands of retailers across the web. When you click on their links to make a purchase, they earn a commission and give a portion of that cash back to you.
GetPaidTo gives out 100% of its cash back, but until they become a more established site and get work out better deals with their partners, their rates are going to be a bit lower. These rates will increase once their popularity increases, so be sure to check back in the future for better cash back opportunities through their site.
Popular portal sites such as BeFrugal and TopCashBack (both give a $10 sign-up bonus) have a much higher payout. Normally you can get anywhere from 1% – 5% in cash back at Best Buy, while GPT only pays 1%. Of course there are retailers in which GPT has the better rate (such as Walgreens), but for most of the retailers we looked at this wasn’t the case. You can also read our article that talks about the best shopping portals across the web.
- Recommended: Definitely!
- Payout Estimate: 15% of friends’ earnings plus bonuses
I was quite surprised to see that GPT had such an excellent referral program. First of all, when your friend uses your referral link, you and your friend will receive a bonus of $5 once they hit $10 in earned cash through completing activities. Not only that, but you also get a 15% commission on any GPT points that your friend earns. Both of these are much higher than your typical rewards site.
If you’d like to support FFL, you can use our referral link here or register by clicking on any GPT sign-up link on this page. We’d greatly appreciate it, and it’s what motivates us keep writing!
How Do I Get Started With GetPaidTo?
Registration is incredibly simple and free, but we’ll walk you through it in fine detail in just 4 easy steps.
1. Register. You can register for a new GetPaidTo account by going to their registration page. Enter in your name, birthday and email. Verify your email address and earn a bonus of 20 points just for doing so. You can also use your Facebook account to register.
2. Complete profile. Once you verify your email, complete your profile with a little bit more of your personal information such as your PayPal email address. You’ll also earn an additional 20 points for doing so.
3. Complete tasks. Browse through their list of tasks by clicking on the “Earn” tab at the top of the page. We personally recommend the surveys, offer walls and referring friends as your best bet. Read above for more detail on each individual activity description with our estimated judgment on payouts.
4. Refer friends. This is by far the best way to earn extra cash with GetPaidTo, and definitely the one that requires the least amount of effort. You and your friend gets a $5 bonus once your friend reaches $10 in earned cash back, plus you also get a 15% commission bonus on all points that your friend earns.
We hope our GetPaidTo review was thorough enough to give you an idea of whether it’s the right rewards site for you. If you have any questions or comments, or would like to add on to what we’ve said, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!