Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- YouGov: Get paid to share your opinion by completing surveys and earn up to $50 in cash or gift cards per survey. Join YouGov Now For a $2 Sign-up Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Want an easy way to make some extra cash from your smartphone? Grab Points is a mobile app that awards you gift cards for completing tasks on your phone. Unfortunately, it’s currently only available for Android iOS.
What Is Grab Points?
Grab Points is a free mobile app available for Android devices that awards you by doing activities on your phone. These activities include the following:
- Downloading Apps
- Complete Offers
- Social Media
- Watching Videos
The reason Grab Points is willing to pay you is because advertisers either want to promote their product or collect data about a certain product. This way they can make necessary changes in order to improve or modify what’s on the market.
Grab Points awards you in the form of points, and the amount of points that you earn depend on the task that you are completing. Once you reach a minimum of 10,000 points in your account, you can redeem it for a gift card to a major retailer such as Amazon.
Tasks are usually very simple and normally don’t take more than a few minutes, yet the one that we’re going to focus on is downloading apps, watching videos, and referrals.
Downloading apps usually come with a high payout in points, earning you anywhere from 100 – 700 points per download. The only thing you have to do is download the app and run it. After you no longer need it, you can delete it from your phone.
While Grab Points only states that you need to run the app after installing it, we recommend playing with it and running it for a minimum of 30 seconds. This is just a precaution that we like to take so that our account gets credited and we don’t have to re-download a specific app.
Watching videos is also a great task that you can complete. Keep in mind that this task is not passive, meaning you’re going to have to close an ad after each video so that the one after it starts playing. Videos don’t pay a lot of points (usually 1 – 10 points per each one), but you don’t have to do a lot of work.
Referrals is definitely the easiest way to earn points. You get a bonus of 500 points and so does your referral once he/she earns 1,000 points. A great way to promote this is to send out a quick link via a Facebook or Twitter post. You can use our referral link WCOFF5 to earn a bonus and help support FFL. We’d greatly appreciate it!
The other tasks can earn you points as well, but we don’t recommend them. This is mainly because their payout is low and requires a lot of time. Definitely not worth it, unless you absolutely need some extra cash.
How Do I Sign-Up And Get Started With Grab Points?
Getting started with Grab Points and earning cash right away is easy and can be done in just 3 simple steps.
1. Download. You can download the app by clicking this link here. It’s currently only available for Android devices, but check back later to see if an iOS version comes out. You can register for an account using your Facebook, Google+, or email account. Type in the referral code WCOFF5 to earn a sign-up bonus once you hit 1,000 points. If you forget to type it in, you can find a “Promo Code” option under the main menu where you can type it in.
2. Complete tasks. Participate in activities to earn points. Again, we recommend only downloading apps, watching videos, and referring friends. The other activities don’t seem to be worth the time.
3. Cash out. Once you hit a minimum of 10,000 points, you can cash out for a gift card of your choosing. Rewards arrive to your inbox within 48 hours.
How Much Can I Expect To Earn With Grab Points?
Although Grab Points won’t make you rich, we estimate that if you spend around 10 – 15 minutes a day you can earn an extra $15 – $20 dollars per month. This might not sound like much, but it definitely adds up quickly.
When you first download the app, you should be able to rack up $5 rather quickly, within the first five minutes. This is because there will be a plethora of apps available for download upon installation. Once these are depleted, they will come back slowly.
I recommend checking-in once a week once your initial apps are downloaded. New app offers don’t tend to be updated that often. Sometimes you’ll even find old offers reappear again, so be on the looking.
Grab Points is a great way to earn some extra cash for stay-at-home moms or those just looking to supplement their income in one way or another. I tend to use it when I’m standing in line at the store or have nothing else to do with my time at work.
Have you started using the Grab Points app? Let us know what you think along with how many points that you’ve earned thus far. If you’re interested in other apps that pay you for downloading apps, we recommend this top 10 list here.
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.