WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
GrubHub partners with local restaurants in your area and delivers food directly to your door. Now when you sign-up as a new user, you get $7 toward your first order. Here’s our full review.
What Is GrubHub?
For those of you who don’t know, GrubHub and Seamless used to be two separate companies that served in the food delivery industry. They recently merged to combine their strengths into what is known as GrubHub Seamless, or GrubHub for short.
GrubHub is a way to get food from local restaurants delivered directly to your door. Order from their website or their mobile app, and get food delivered to you in usually about an hour’s time. They’re one of the biggest food delivery services out there and have partnered with over 44,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,000 cities in the US and London in the UK.
The great thing about GrubHub is that you won’t have any trouble finding the cuisine that you want:
- Middle Eastern
As long as you live in a decent-sized city, more than likely GrubHub will be able to provide service to you. I currently live in Portland with a population of 600,000. While the city is nowhere near enormous, it’s still large enough to warrant GrubHub to come to my area.
Right now when you sign-up as a new user you get $7 in free credit.
Always Check For Coupons
The thing I love about GrubHub is that they have coupons listed right when you go to a restaurant’s menu page. This way I don’t have to go searching around for them on each individual site, saving me a lot of time.
Sign-Up And Referral Bonus
Another reason I keep using GrubHub is their excellent sign-up and referral bonus. When you sign-up using a referral link, you automatically get $7 in credit toward your first purchase. Each time you refer a friend that uses GrubHub and makes their first order also gets you $7 in credit.
What Are The Fees Involved?
Here are a list of additional fees you might encounter other than what’s on the menu:
- Delivery – Depending on the restaurant, you may be required to pay a delivery fee. From my experience, this has never been more than $1 or $2. The amount depends entirely on the restaurant, and some restaurants give delivery for free.
- Minimum Purchase – While this isn’t a fee, you still have to spend a minimum amount in order to get food delivered to your door. There’s no need to worry as it’s usually no more than $10 – $15.
- Sales Tax – This should come as no surprise. Even though you’re delivering through a different company, you still have to pay the sales tax depending on the state that you’re in.
- Tip – The tip amount is always at 15%. This is a very generous amount, so we don’t see a need to give the delivery person an extra tip upon delivery. Of course, if you’re feeling extra giving, it doesn’t hurt to be nice.
How Do I Get Started With GrubHub?
Registration with GrubHub is incredibly simple. We’re going to break it down for you in just 4 easy steps.
1. Register. You can register for a new account by clicking this link here. All you need to sign-up is a username and password, or you can use your Facebook to log-in.
2. Browse restaurants. You’ll be surprised to see restaurants on the GrubHub list that you’ve never heard of or seen before. It’s a great way to discover hidden treats in your area. You can sort by cuisine, delivery fees, delivery time, price and more.
3. Place order. Once you place an order it usually only takes about an hour to deliver to your door depending on the restaurant. There’s no need to tip since it’s already included with your order.
4. Refer friends. Refer your friends and get $7 in account credit once they make their first purchase with GrubHub. They also get $7 in account credit when they register. Thank you to everyone that uses our referral link!
GrubHub is one of the better food delivery services out there, primarily because they don’t charge extra. What you see on their website is the price that you’re normally get if you were to go to the restaurant in-person. The only extra you might have to pay is the delivery fee plus tip.
Would I recommend using GrubHub, even if I used up my credit? If I don’t feel like going out to buy something, definitely. The fees are pretty typical for any restaurant delivery. Furthermore, usually it’s pretty simple to convince my friends to sign-up so I can get account credit.
If you want to tryout other food delivery services like GrubHub, we suggest checkout out our list of top 10 food delivery services that give away free or cheap food.
Have you ever used GrubHub before? We’d love to hear about your experience in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!