WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
When we discussed the top 10 ways to save money on Amazon, we mentioned how you can earn $5 in credit for downloading the Amazon Shopping App. Now you can double, triple, or even quadruple that amount when you refer a friend.
What’s The Deal?
If you haven’t made a purchase with the Amazon Shopping App already, new users earn $5 in credit almost immediately when making their first purchase through the app. We’ve also heard that if you’ve made a purchase through their app before this promotion, simply contacting Amazon and explaining your situation may also earn you that $5 credit.
Now you get $5 in Amazon credit each time you refer a friend, and so do they. It’s a win-win situation for both parties. This $5 credit is applied at checkout only when you make a minimum purchase of $10. There’s no limit on the amount referrals.
One great advantage to having the Amazon Shopping App is that you’ll find exclusive deals that won’t be featured on their website. You can even turn on notifications to find out when deals come live.
How Can I Get This Deal?
We’re going to break down how you can start earning Amazon credit in just 3 easy steps.
1. Download the app. You can download the app for iOS or Android devices by clicking this link here. You’ll only be given $5 in Amazon credit immediately after your purchase through the app.
2. Log-in. Sign-in on the app using your Amazon account and click “Your Account” from the menu in the upper-left-hand corner, and then select “Personalized Content.” You’ll see an additional link to “Invite Friends.”
3. Spread the word. Tell your friends about how easy it is to get $5 in Amazon credit by using your referral link. A great way to spread the word is either thorough Facebook, Twitter or a mass text message.
What’s Another Great Way To Save On Amazon?
While there are many different ways to save on Amazon, one great way is through cash back portals. These portals are online websites that partner with thousands of online retailers and place affiliate links on their page. By clicking on one of their links and buying something, they earn a commission and give a majority of it to you.
One of the best cash back portals on the web is called BeFrugal, which is currently offering up 10% cash back on Amazon purchases. Take note that this only applies to certain categories, such as the ones below:
You can sign-up for BeFrugal by clicking this link here ($10 sign-up bonus). After creating an account type in Amazon in their search bar and click on one of the Amazon links. You’ll be redirected to the Amazon page where you can continue to make your purchase on Amazon.
With BeFrugal it should take up to about 10 days for the cash back to be displayed in your account, and you can withdraw it when there’s a minimum balance of $20. You can use this portal for other stores as well to quickly build up your balance.
There are plenty of shopping portals on the web, and we’ve created a reliable top 10 list of portals here. Keep note that cash back percentages change on a frequent basis.
If you don’t see your credit within a few minutes after your first purchase, contact the Amazon team. Sometimes you may be required to click on the sign-up link again and verify a working phone number.
For all of you who decide to use our referral link, we greatly appreciate it. It’s what motivates us to keep generating great content. If you have any questions or comments, you know where to leave them. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!