WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
A special offer has become available with a new shopping portal called Giving Assistant. Instead of their original 2.5% cash back on all Amazon purchases, they are now offering 5% back. Not only that, but when you sign-up as a new member you get a $5 bonus.
What Is Giving Assistant?
Giving Assistant is a cash back portal that has partnered with thousands of online retailers. Each time you visit their site and use one of their affiliate links, they earn a small commission. Traditional cash back portals give you the majority of this commission to the consumer, helping you earn an average of 7% cash back on all online purchases.
Giving Assistant differs in the fact that they give you a much higher commission (sometimes 100%) while giving the rest of the proceeds to charity. The way Giving Assistant makes money is by working out an agreement with each retailer that arranges to pay them just for sending them extra business. In a sense, you could say that they aren’t as greedy as other portals.
Still confused on how online shopping portals work? Read our explanation here.
What’s So Special About Giving Assistant & Amazon?
It’s not difficult to find great Amazon Deals on other shopping portals. For example, we’ve seen that the TopCashBack portal can give you up to 8.5% cash back on specific Amazon purchases and 6% cash back in other categories. This is great and all, but what about everything else that I purchase?
Here are the typical categories that a portal will give you cash back for when purchasing on Amazon:
These categories may change from time to time depending on the time of year, but in general you’ll find the ones mentioned above. As for me personally, I don’t order any of these types of products on Amazon. I tend to order food, appliances, and electronics, none of which are covered by a traditional portal.
This is where Giving Assistant comes in. If you have a purchase that falls outside of the categories listed above, you’re still going to get 5% cash back. I can’t say for certain how long this promotion is going to last, but you can guarantee that it won’t stay that high in the future. Normally they are at around 2.5%.
How Can I Climb To 15% Savings On Amazon?
Normally the Discover It Card gives you 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases from the months of July – December every year. This is still a large amount of savings, and I always switch to Discover during the second half of the year when purchasing on Amazon.
However, now they are holding a Double Cash Back Promotion which doubles all of your cash back earned in a year. This means that you’ll receive your first 5% off your next Amazon purchase after your first billing cycle plus an additional 5% at the end of the year (or on your 13th billing cycle). This calculates to a total of an additional 10% off.
Take note that this Double Cash Back Promotion has been extended to September 30th, so apply now while you can. This promotion is available to new members only, but if you call the number on the back of your Discover Card and tell them you’d like to participate, they’re usually willing to let it slide.
What Does Giving Assistant Not Cover?
Although Giving Assistant gives us cash back on more categories than the traditional cash back portal, there are still limits to what you can purchase and receive cash back on. Here is what they do NOT give you cash back on:
- Items sold by third parties
- Subscribe & Save Purchases
- Wireless Service Plans
- Products sold on Amazon App Store
- Amazon Fresh
- Amazon Local Restaurant Deals
- Any Digital Kindle Products
- Gift Cards
- Amazon Credit
- Sales Tax & Shipping
It may seem like the limitations are a lot, but most of the products that people purchase don’t fall into these categories. Even if you are, you can still get 5% – 10% off using your Discover It Card (10% if you apply for the Double Cash Back Promotion). I saved 15% on this French Press I just bought!
How Do I Sign-Up & Start Saving 15% On Amazon?
Signing-up and saving 15% on your next Amazon purchase is very simple, and we’re here to guide you through the process. It can be done in 4 simple steps.
1. Get a Discover It Card. You can sign-up for a Discover Card by clicking this link here. There’s no annual fee and applying is 100% free. Take note that you’re going to need a credit score of around 700 or more.
2. Register for Giving Assistant. You can register for a new Giving Assistant account by clicking this link here and get a free $5 dollars after your first purchase. You can sign-up using your email address or Facebook account. Create a password and you’re done.
3. Search for Amazon. Now that you’re registered and logged-in to Giving Assistant, search for Amazon in the search bar. Click on the “Shop Now” button to earn 5% cash back on Amazon (with certain limitations, of course). You’ll automatically be redirected to the Amazon Page.
4. Make Your Purchase Using Discover It. Select the product that you want to purchase and add it to your card. Just be sure to use your Discover It Card upon checkout to earn an additional 10% savings. 5% will be given to you in one month and the other 5% will be given to you in one year.
It’s good to check both traditional portals along with Giving Assistant to see which one will give you the most cash back depending on the purchase you want to make. Even if you don’t have a Discover It Card, you can still save 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases.
I’m uncertain as to how long this promotion will last, so make sure to apply before it expires. Looking for more ways to save money on Amazon? Check out the links below:
- I Got These 5 Products For Free On Amazon – You Can Too
- Top 10 Ways To Save On Amazon
- Huge Savings When You Use Amazon Outlet & Warehouse
If you have any questions about Giving Assistant or anything else, please don’t hesitate to leave them down below. We love hearing from our readers. As always, thanks for reading and happy Amazon shopping!