WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
For the past couple of weeks I’ve been experimenting with ways to try and get Amazon products at a discount or for an extremely cheap price. Of course you can buy used products, or simply find ways to purchase Amazon gift cards at a discount.
In fact, with the Discover It Card, I managed to find a way to get up to 18.5% off of ALL my Amazon purchases. This was a great way to increase my savings and thus have more money in my pocket at the end of the day.
It wasn’t until I stumbled upon a new method that allowed me to get a lot of really cool things on Amazon for a really cheap price, or even for free. Below are listed 5 items I haven’t had to pay a penny for on Amazon. Want to know how also? Keep reading below.
1. KRIËGER® Grounded Universal Plug Adapter for Most of Europe (type C) European
If you’re an international traveler like myself, these universal plug adapters will definitely come in handy. A lot of outlets you find in Europe will be of the two-pronged style, meaning your typical U.S. cords won’t do the trick. This makes it extremely easy to convert them.
2. Water- And Fade-Proof Camo Harvest Ring
While not my style, it was pretty cool to receive this cool camo ring that was originally $32.99 for free. It has a titanium forest and oak leaf camouflage design, meaning it will make a perfect gift for someone later down the road. Just be sure to order the right size.
3. iPhone 5/6 & Tablet Charger (3-Pack)
This item was perfect for me, as I constantly lose my iPhone 5 charging cord. I was able to get 3 cords for free, something that would’ve normally cost me $10 dollars. Definitely one of the best products that I’ve gotten for free thus far.
4. Vitamin C Facial Toner
I’m not one to use these types of products, but it definitely made a great, random gift for my mom. I figure I can stock up on enough of these types of products and have Christmas prepared a little bit earlier this year.
5. USB Car Charger With Micro USB Cord
While I didn’t need the micro USB cord, this charger was a great addition to my car. Now I have a way to charge my phone while I’m driving (especially since my old iPhone’s battery always seems to die within just a few hours).
How Did I Get These Products For Free?
In order to receive the 5 products above, I didn’t have to pay a single penny, but I did have to give something in exchange. Now there are Amazon Review Sites, where you leave an honest review of a product you purchased in exchange for a promotional discount.
There are a couple of websites that allow you to do this, and we’ve already written complete guides on 3 of them:
My personal favorite is AMZ Review Trader, as they usually have a bunch of offers to choose from, so we’ll quickly go over the steps on that page.
There’s only 4 steps that you need to complete in order to get a free/discounted product.
1. Apply to review a product offer. You can select from a large list and rank them from lowest to highest discount if you desire.
2. Get approved. The seller will see if you are qualified enough to leave a product review based on your Amazon profile. If this happens, you will be sent a promotional code that can be applied during checkout to receive your discount.
3. Receive the product. After checkout, wait until your item arrives at your door, and you’ve just received a free product or one at a huge discount!
4. Leave a review. The only reason you’re getting such a great deal is because you agreed to leave a review of the product after receiving it. It only takes a couple of minutes at most, and the seller receives something in return. You both win.
How Can I Get Approved For More Products?
You will not get approved to review all products you apply for on AMZ Review Trader. In fact, it may only be a few out of a hundred, and this completely depends on your Amazon profile.
The more reviews that you leave and the more others like your reviews, the higher your profile ranking will go up. When I first started, I had a profile ranking of over 5 million. Luckily, after leaving countless reviews, I’ve brought it down to just over 1 million.
This means that sellers are going to see my profile and notice that I actually do leave reviews on a lot of products. Therefore, I’m going to be approved for a lot more products in the future as well. That’s why it’s important to leave reviews on as many products as possible, even ones that you purchased in the past.
What also helps is leaving photo attachments on your reviews. Sellers love this, and are going to be more than happy giving you a discount in hopes of receiving a great review.
You Won’t Get Free Shipping
Unless you’re an Amazon Prime Member or meet the $35 minimum spend requirement, you’re going to have to pay for shipping. To see whether you think Amazon Prime is worth it or not, you can check out our honest opinion here.
Before making any purchases on Amazon, check to see if you can get it for free from one of the review sites. It only takes a few minutes to leave one, and sometimes you can get products worth over $100 dollars or more for absolutely free.
If you’re curious on other ways to save money on Amazon, I highly recommend the following:
- Top 10 Ways For Saving Money On Amazon
- Get A Free $5 Amazon Gift Card When You Download Their App
- Amazon Subscribe & Save Can Get You 15% Off
If you’ve tried any of these sites, we’d love to hear what products that you’ve received at a great deal. Leave them in the comments box below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!