WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 point bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
Companies are constantly on the hunt for consumer’s opinions and as such there are quite a number of website that offer paid surveys. This post will give you a detailed review of Ipsos I-Say survey.
With that said, let’s get started.
What is Ipsos i-Say?
Ipsos is a research firm that was formed in 1975 and located in different parts of the world. It has an online division known as Ipsos i-Say which is one of the largest research firm as long as online market research is concerned.
The company’s headquarters is in France with offices in more than 88 countries. The company is publicly traded with more than 16,000 employees.
In one of the recently concluded presidential elections, they are listed along with Reuters as the major source of information on political surveys.
Even at the moment, both the approval and disapproval ratings are Ipsos/Reuters polls. Reuters develops the questions and methodology while Ipsos conducts the polling.
You only have to register on the website, take a survey and start earning points. All the points you earn are redeemable in terms of cash prizes, gifts etc.
Apart from taking part in surveys, you also have the opportunity either take or create polls. This allows you to earn both points and money.
Just like every other survey sites, you will need to answer some personal questions when you register on Ipsos i-say. Even if you don’t quality, you still get 5 points for making an attempt.
It may actually take a while to find a survey that you qualify for, but when you eventually do, you earn about 40 or 90 points per survey.
Getting Started with Ipsos i-Say
You can register on the survey site if you are 18 years and older and if you are from United Kingdom, Canada or the United States.
If you’re residence in another country, you’ll be redirected to a local Ipsos iSay survey site. Registration is free (Don’t ever pay money for signing up on a survey site, it should be the other way round).
Once you sign up you can start earning point almost immediately. The whole process of registration can take a while, because you’ll need to answer some questions.
The questions will help Ipsos to determine what surveys are relevant to your demographic. After signing up, a confirmation link will be sent to your email account.
You’ll have to click the link in to activate your account. And you will start getting emails for survey invites whether you qualify or not.
Ipsos is different from other survey sites, in that it focuses strictly on surveys, there are no offers such as product testing, video ads or app download.
Ipsos i-Say partners with some major brands, and registered members will be asked to participate in surveys for these brands.
Survey opportunities are usually available on the dashboard and can also be sent by mail. You can easily see the amount of points you can earn for a particular survey as well as an estimation of how long the survey should take.
You’ll most likely be invited to take part in a survey that you are eligible for, and the average qualifying success rate is about 60-70%. This is an added advantage on i-Say because similar survey websites have an average of about 30%.
Once you log in into your account, the dashboard displays the surveys available that you are qualify to take. You will also see a “Polls” section.
These polls are not survey and you will not earn point from answering the polls. However an exciting aspect is the Poll Predictor.
Each time you participate in a survey, you get an invite to take part in the Poll Predictor, where you will be requested to guess what percentage of survey takers answered “Yes” to different questions.
You’ll be awarded what is known as “chances” based on how close your prediction is. These “chances” can be used to enter into i-Say’s draws.
What are the Key Features?
You earn points on Ipsos i-Say for completing surveys and other simple tasks. The points varies based on the kind of reward you opt for.
But generally the points are about $10 per 1000 points. Surveys are usually between 10 – 100 points each. You also earn points for referring people to Ipsos.
Apart from earning points, Ipsos i-Say also has a new member’s sweepstakes. Newly registered members are automatically entered into a $1000 cash lucky draw.
Every 4 months, 10 lucky winners win sweepstakes worth 5000 points. The winners are notified via email and their names are shared on the site. You can earn entries by remaining an active member and taking part in surveys and polls.
Polls and Community
You have the opportunity to take part in a “poll predictor” after completing a survey. You will be required to guess correctly what the right response to different enquires might be.
And you will win extra entries into the sweepstakes draw if you guess correctly. You can also create a poll and get opinions from fellow panel members.
There are quite a number of rewards available on Ipsos i-Say site to redeem your hard-earned points. These include vouchers, PayPal deposits, and charity giving.
If you opt for the cash out option, it could take a while. Furthermore, the points required to redeem these prizes usually varies.
For instance, to redeem a $15 worth of cash through PayPal deposits, you must have accumulated 1,530 points. Yet for $100 you will only need 9,600 points.
Completing surveys is usually the primary way to earn points on i-Say. It takes about 10-30 minutes to complete the surveys and you stand to earn about 45 to 90 points.
In some cases, you can even find high-end surveys worth a whopping 200 points. Let’s break down their bonus system:
- 5 surveys – 25 bonus points
- 10 surveys – 50 bonus points
- 25 surveys – 100 bonus points
- 50 surveys – 200 bonus points
- 75 surveys – 250 bonus points
- 100 surveys – 300 bonus points
- 125 surveys – 400 bonus points
- 150 surveys – 500 bonus points
- 200 surveys – 600 bonus points
Ipsos i-Say has a mobile app, but you can only be directly invited by Ipsos to use it.
That’s a major disadvantage, because the mobile app gives you text notifications when new surveys are available and you earn extra rewards for completing them. You don’t have to worry though as the website is fully optimized for mobile use.
Refer a Friend
Unlike most sites, directly referring a friend or relative to Ipsos will not earn you any point. However, the referral program gives you an opportunity to take part in their sweepstakes for a chance to win $5000.
So the more people you refer, the greater your chances to winning $5000.
After signing up on Ipsos i-Say website, you automatically qualify for the loyalty program. As you complete more surveys, you stand the chance to win more bonuses.
At that rate, you will earn 25 points for completing 5 surveys, 50 points for 15 surveys and 600 points for completing 200 surveys. You also have the added advantage of participating in a number of contests.
This includes a draw that you are eligible right after signing up. You stand a chance to be among 30 lucky winners of $100 every 4 months. There’s also a draw that offers you a chance to win 10,000 points.
To qualify, keep checking and responding to profile updates and questions.
Types of Rewards & How to Redeem
This platform offers an opportunity to complete surveys and earn $0.45 to $2. Each point you earn on this survey site is worth $0.01.
You can redeem your point on the Ipsos i-Say reward page. Another reward option is direct cash via PayPal. But you will need to accumulate about 1000 points before you can do that.
This is about $10 in terms of money. Note that with this option you should be ready to wait for as long as 1 to 3 weeks before you will get the cash. On Ipsos i-Say, 100 points is the equivalent of $1.
The site offers various types of rewards, depending on the total number of points you can redeem. Consider some examples:
- $5 Facebook Game eCard (500 points, Delivery (instant)
- $5 Starbucks Card (500 points, Deliver – instant)
- $15 Target Gift Card (1500 points, delivery- instant)
- $10 Amazon Gift Card (equivalent of 1000 points, delivery – instant)
- $15 PayPal Funds (1,530 points)
You can also make donations to different organizations if you’re feeling charitable. There is UNICEF, DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS or HABITAT FOR HUMANITY, or other establishment itemized on the website.
You can redeem as low as 500 points on the website. And this isn’t too much to accumulate as one can earn about 90 points. If you qualify for the right survey you could be on your way to redeeming your first prize.
Moreover, you can redeem 250 points by entering in sweepstakes. The prizes you can win depends on the sweepstakes; you can win an eGift card or a travel package.
User review points out that the delivery of electronic gift cards is almost instant as opposed to other rewards that could take a while.
The Pros of Ipsos i-Say
- Clean Interface. The interface is minimal and clean. This is because it is not littered with a number of different offers or trial download. It focuses specifically on surveys. The most exciting part of the site’s interface is that you can easily see how may points you will get for taking a survey and an estimation of the length of the surveys.
- Decent Rewards. You have a lot of options to choose from when it comes to rewards. There’s the option of redeeming Amazon gift cards to buy pretty much anything you want on Amazon. And if it is cash you desire, you will have the opportunity of getting it on Amazon. The more points you have, the less likely the need to redeem cash on Amazon. You only need to accumulate 9600 points to get $100.
- Signing up is easy. The registration process on Ipsos i-Say is straightforward and seamless. Once you answer the first few questions, all you have to do is confirm your email. Your account is up and running. You can start participating in surveys right away.
- Ipsos i-Say app. Yes. There is an app. But the drawback is that you have to be personally invited to use this app. The app allows you to participate in surveys on the go.
- Mobile-Friendly. Ipsos i-Say website is mobile-friendly. So you can easily take on surveys with your mobile device. The site is fully optimized and responsive for mobile use, so you should not have any trouble using it.
- Site is Legit. Ipsos is backed by a highly experienced and reliable company. It’s a well-known market research company that has rolled out more than 6 million surveys in approximately 100 countries. It’s a reliable and consistent survey company that has been conducting surveys for several years and definitely unlike some shady survey sites out to scam unsuspecting victims.
- Tech support. The technical team is always on standby to provide needed assistance. Whenever there’s an issue you can easily talk to the technical support staff to help you with it. They are very efficient and prompt. But you can be sure to encounter very slight technical difficulties.
The Cons of Ipsos i-Say
There are some cons to consider as well.
- Not easy to qualify for Surveys. The truth is that it is not easy to see surveys that you are eligible for. Although surveys are the major ways of accumulating points, they are not easy to get. So your best bet is to qualify for as many surveys as possible and rack up the points as fast as you could. Some registered users report that they get between 5 survey invites per week, which is pretty wishful. Some others reported that they didn’t qualify for any survey for several weeks at a time. That could make it extremely difficult to earn points. However, sometimes all you need is patience because the surveys are rolled out based on demographics. If you are not patient enough, the wait might be frustrating and force you to abandon your account altogether.
- Random Issues. Although the site has a really good interface, some users have reported some random issues. The dashboard does not display the list of available surveys in a timely manner. This could be a major cause of concern especially if you don’t have available surveys to take at the moment. The mobile app is also limited in that you just can’t download and use. You have to be personally invited to a particular mobile app survey to utilize the application. There is no basis for this, but the compensation is that the regular website is fully optimized for mobile displays and mobile browsers. Then the referral program has a major drawback as well. You can’t refer people if you don’t know their email addresses. Because you need to forward the email addresses of the people you want to refer. This is quite common in the age of social media. This might make it challenging to earn more referrals.
How Much Can You Make?
The fact is that taking survey will not make you rich. It can get you some $$, but it will certainly not replace a regular major source of income.
Given that it takes about 10 to 20 minutes on the average to complete a survey for 45 to 90 points, which is about 15,600 points for about 60 hours of work until you get to the 200-survey mark.
Based on this estimate depending on whether you take the 45 or 90-minute surveys, that’s about $156 extra.
Other Surveys Similar to Ipsos i-Say
If you feel that you are not getting the desired number of survey on the site, then you may want to try out other similar websites. It is important to prioritize the sites that give you the most value for your time.
1. Survey Club
Signing up on this site is absolutely free and you can provide as much information as you want to get qualified to participate in surveys.
Another advantage is that you are allowed to join several survey panels, which increase the possibility of getting more surveys and ultimately more opportunities to earn money.
This is a top survey site that has paid more than $32m to its members. Once you sign up you can start taking surveys and registration is absolutely free.
You can also earn from the referral program which allows you to earn $1.50 for every person you refer.
This survey website allows you to test products as home before it becomes available to the general public. You have the opportunity to win $10000 in the quarterly prize draw and you get to redeem points via PayPal, sweepstakes, gift cards and donations.
4. One Opinion
This site offers the highest chance of getting qualified surveys. You get to earn good number of points for completing surveys. Users reported that most surveys pay $1 for every 6 minutes.
There is generally no survey site that comes close to this in terms of getting high number of surveys.
This survey website is the real deal. It was reported that it paid its members more than $30m worth of prizes in 2016 alone. You have the opportunity to test products and keep them and also take surveys at the same time.
Another interesting thing about the site is that the age of eligibility is 14 years.
Should you sign up Ipsos i-Say? Is it a legit site? It is not easy to find an online survey site that pays well as Ipsos i-Say.
The company has been in existence for more than 30 years with thousands of members in different countries. It’s right to conclude that Ipsos i-Say is a legitimate site that enables you to accumulate points from surveys.
However, it doesn’t come easy. Just like every other survey website, you’ll run experience typical frustrations that characterizes survey sites.
You may find it difficult to qualify for surveys. However you can earn 5 points for attempting to take a survey that you don’t qualify for.
You need to exercise patience to start reaping the benefits of this website. Once you sign up on the website, you can start earning points by taking parts in surveys.
Hopefully, you will have a great experience signing up on this reliable survey website. Actually this can offer you a great side hustle and could be a great way to start making cash on the side.
You can be assured of getting your payout on Ipsos. However this does not mean you must stick with this site if you are not getting a good ROI. Your time is precious so you spend it wisely.
If you’re going to sign up on Ipsos keep the following in mind:
- After signing up dedicate just a few minutes daily to see if you will qualify for any surveys.
- Before you take a survey, find out how much points you will be awarded and then how long it will take to complete the survey. It wouldn’t be wise to fill out a lengthy survey only to find out you get a small reward. A good check that is recommended is earning 45 points for 10 minutes or 90 points for 20 minutes.
Is it Right for You?
Whether it’s right for you or not depends on you. If you don’t mind taking time to fill out surveys then this is for you. However if you would enjoy watching videos, testing products or playing games, then you may need to try out another survey site.
But if taking surveys is your thing then this may be the best fit for you. It is an efficient and quick way to make about $30-40 or more monthly. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!