WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
Do you ever see those “now hiring” or “help wanted” signs as you walk down the streets? An app called Job Spotter pays you to take a picture of those signs and submit them via your smartphone. The more you submit, the more you earn.
What Is Job Spotter?
Job Spotter is a free mobile app that’s currently only available for Android devices. In order to keep track of the jobs that aren’t posted in the paper, Job Spotter hires people like you and me to find them ourselves. If you see some sort of sign that indicates that an employer is looking for extra employees, be sure to take a picture.
When you submit an eligible picture to the app, you receive 50 points, and for every 100 points you submit you can earn $1 in Amazon credit (making every approved submission worth $.50 cents). $1 is the minimum amount you need to have in your account before you can redeem, and you’ll receive your credit within the first 7-10 days of the month for the previous month.
Is It Worth It?
You most likely will not be making a lot of money with Job Spotter, but this all depends on how many help wanted signs you can find in your area. However, we do believe that the app is totally worth it, if you just use it when you happen to come across signs incidentally.
It takes only about 30 seconds to snap a photo or two and hit send. Calculating this out brings you to an hourly rate of $30 per hour. Just as long as you use it on signs that you accidentally run across and don’t go searching for them, you won’t be wasting time while still earning a decent amount of cash. There’s not cap on the amount you can earn.
If you’re really into making more money with Job Spotter, you can try and compete for the #1 spot for the person who takes the most pictures in a given month. The winner gets a $300 Amazon Gift Card.
How Do I Get Started With The Job Spotter App?
It’s completely free to register and you can start making money just by following these 3 simple steps.
2. Take pictures. After your account is setup and ready to go, start taking pictures of all of the help wanted signs that you come across. Each approved submission earns you 50 points.
3. Redeem and complete. You only need a minimum of $1 in your account to cash out. All redemptions are made in the form of Amazon Gift Cards. Check your status to see if you’re in first place to win the monthly giveaway – the person who has the most submissions get a $300 Amazon Gift Card the following month.
Since Job Spotter can net you some decent cash for the little amount of effort put into it, we highly recommend it. There’s no need to go out of your way to participate, but it’s nice to get some extra cash just for taking a few extra seconds to take a photo.
Since the app was developed and is owned by Indeed, you can guarantee that most of the job postings will be put on the Indeed website. If you have any comments or questions, or simply would like to share your own personal review of the Job Spotter App, we’d love to hear about it. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!