WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
A lot of you may know that I spent nearly two years in Taiwan teaching English and learning Chinese. After researching, I realized that were plenty of materials available for learning English, but very few dedicated to learning Chinese. And then I came across ChinesePod.
Through my experience of being an avid language for the past few years, I discovered that ChinesePod is one of the best resources available for learning another language, particularly Mandarin Chinese. I wouldn’t have become fluent if it weren’t for their great lessons.
The best part? You can have complete access to their lessons for only $1 dollar a month provided that you follow the steps outlined in this article.
What Is ChinesePod?
ChinesePod is a web-based platform that provides audio lessons, study tools and individual tutoring for learners of Mandarin. Meant for busy people on the go, the heart of their lessons are podcasts, which consist of a Chinese host and native English-speaker breaking down a Chinese conversation. The mission of the company is to make language-learning easier for adults.
The current number of lessons available currently ranges over 3,000 with levels from complete beginner to advanced. ChinesePod will inform you when you’ve passed a certain number of courses at a certain level so that you can move along to more difficult classes.
After listening to each dialogue there will be grammar explanations, flashcards and vocabulary lists to help you review and maintain the information learned. In short, ChinesePod is one of, if not the most extensive tools for learning Mandarin Chinese.
How Do I Get Full Access To ChinesePod For $1 Dollar?
I highly recommend ChinesePod for any serious learner of Mandarin. By being resourceful we can get the extensive Chinese library for just $1 dollar in 4 simple steps.
1. Sign-up For ChinesePod. You can register for a new account by clicking here. Click on the blue “Sign Up” button in the upper-right-hand corner. You’ll be asked to enter in your email and create an account password.
4. Enter In The Promo Code. ChinesePod has been running a promotion for the past two years where you can get your first month for only $0.99 cents for a premium subscription. For the month of May, the code is May99Cents.
The promotion code will change over time. You can always check RetailMeNot for the latest ChinesePod promotion code.
This coupon is only good for one month, so make sure to mark your calendar just before one month so you cancel your subscription. Sending a simple email to Chinese support will work, but it’s best to follow instructions on the website.
So How Do I Get Unlimited Lessons?
ChinesePod has no restriction on how many lessons you can download during your subscription. Once you get signed-up, simply download as many lessons as you can before a month’s time. Before that month is up, cancel your subscription and you’ll be on your way to becoming fluent in Chinese. The lessons are that good.
Another option is having a friend creating an account and sharing account information just in case you ever need to go back to Chinesepod.com.
I wouldn’t recommended ChinesePod if I didn’t have experience with it myself and if I didn’t give it high ratings. I do not get any commission if you sign-up for ChinesePod, and I genuinely think it is a great program to use.
It’s been seen on CNN, NBC and various other media outlets. ChinesePod has high reviews almost no matter where you look. Even the famous Benny The Irish Polyglot holds it in high esteem.
Just make sure to cancel your subscription before your one month trail is up or you’ll be charged $30 dollars! Otherwise, you have the chance to get unlimited lessons for only $0.99 cents.
If you’ve been abroad to study Chinese, I’d love to hear about your experience. Leave it in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!