Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short time. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
If you’ve ever used Swagbucks, you already have a great idea on how EarnHoney works. This web-based company gives you money for watching videos, completing surveys or playing games. They claim that you can earn rewards up to 3x faster than any other rewards site.This is a great way to earn some extra side-income for those of you who have some extra time or are unemployed.
The best part? A lot of these activities that pay money don’t need constant attention, meaning you can earn passive income – getting paid to do nothing. Keep reading and we’ll explain how this works.
What Exactly Is EarnHoney?
EarnHoney is a web-based company that pays you for participating in entertainment-filled activities. This includes playing games, watching videos, taking surveys or online shopping.
EarnHoney partners with other advertisers to make money. Each time you do one of their entertainment activities, an ad is displayed and they earn cash. A portion of this money is then given to the you, the user.
EarnHoney doesn’t give you cash directly. Instead they give you what is called Honey Dollars (HD$). Honey Dollars can be exchanged for prizes such as gift cards, transferring money to your PayPal account, or a direct deposit into your bank account.
How Do I Sign-up And Get Started Earning Money?
If you’re not used to using EarnHoney, it may be a little confusing at first on where to get started. We’re here to break that down for you in 6 simple steps.
1. Register. You can create an account by going to EarnHoney.com. Click on the “Register now for free” button to get started. You’ll only be asked to enter your email and create an account password. From there, confirm your email and you’ll be setup with a new account. You can also log-in with your Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn account. You can support FFL by using our referral link here. We’d greatly appreciate it!
2. Create a profile. This step cannot be skipped. You won’t be allowed to earn in Honey Dollars if your profile isn’t properly filled out, so take about 30 seconds to do so. Once you log-in, click the “Profile” tab found on the left-hand side of the page. These questions won’t ask you for any information that could jeopardize your safety in any way. 10 HD$ will be deposited into your account when you finish.
3. Watch videos. This is the easiest and my personal favorite part about EarnHoney. You can get paid just for watching videos. Click on the “Earn” tab at the top of the page and then click on “Videos.” You’ll see a list of 3 videos at the bottom of the page. You can scroll left or right to view different topics that you can view. Each video you watch will give you 3 points, but you must watch it to the very end. Click on the “All Videos” tab to sort videos by category.
4. Play games. There’s only one game currently available: 2048. However, it is pretty fun and can become quickly addicting. You can earn $15 Honey Dollars per hour. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to play. EarnHoney is currently working on expanding their selection.
5. Complete surveys or polls. This is where the big money comes in, as you can make up to 80 HD$ per survey completed. Unfortunately, at this time there are no surveys available since it’s still in its testing phase. Be sure to check back later or stay up-to-date on the EarnHoney website.
6. Redeem your prize. The minimum amount you can redeem with is when you reach $100 Honey Dollars for $1 Amazon Gift Card. Click on the “Redeem” tab at the top of the page to view all of their options. They only have direct bank deposit, PayPal and Amazon Gift Cards available for redemption, but they are currently working on getting more options.
The amount you can earn on EarnHoney depends on the user. The more videos, surveys and games you play, obviously the more money you are going to make. It takes 100 HD$ to redeem for $1 dollar whether it be for cash or for Amazon gift cards.
If we just take watching videos into account, we can see that each video is roughly 1 minute long with 2 30-second ads in between. However, sometimes the ads take a while to load. Here at FFL we’ve estimated that each video can be completed in 5 minutes with each video giving you 3 HD$.
Therefore, you can earn about $0.12 cents per hour. This amount may seem low, but you don’t have to click to go to the next video! What does this mean?
This means that you can simply leave the website open – in another tab if you wish – and make passive income! If you leave your computer running all day, you can make roughly $3/day for doing nothing. Keep in mind that this number is not exact and sometimes the ads do take a while to load. Furthermore, you’re eventually going to run out of videos at one point. When EarnHoney starts to add more to their selection, we’ll really start to see the real money.
We’ve already mentioned above that if you play the only game currently available – 2048 – you can make up to $0.15 cents per hour. Since this number is so low, we only recommend this option to those who are going to play the game anyways. Otherwise it’s just not worth your time.
But just like watching videos, you don’t have to refresh the page or even play if you don’t want to. Simply leave the page open and let the ads run on the side. This ends up giving you $3.60 dollars per day if you leave it running 24/7.
Whether you’re watching videos or playing games, you can still make about $90 dollars per month in passive income.
Are there any other ways?
The best way to earn money from EarnHoney is through passive income by referring a friend. You will receive 10% of all their Honey Dollars earned for life. This is the most profitable decision you can make when trying to make money with EarnHoney. Go ahead and put your referral link on your Facebook and Twitter, or send out a mass email to your friends.
If you’d like to support FFL, you can use our referral link here. We’d greatly appreciate it!
When deciding whether to use EarnHoney or not, the key isn’t about how much you can make, but how much you can bring in without doing any work. I highly recommend this program for anyone who has a computer that they can leave running constantly. Since you don’t need to click to go to the next video, you can make some decent passive income.
It might be a good idea to take advantage of this opportunity while it lasts. EarnHoney is a fairly new company. After writing and critiquing many rewards programs, there’s something I’ve realized: It’s common practice for rewards apps/websites to become more strict about how rewards are earned and how much they give out the more popular they become. That’s why it’s important to act now.
The best way to earn cash through EarnHoney is through a referral link. You earn 10% for life of what your referrals make. For other rewards programs that will give you a passive income stream for watching videos, we recommend the following articles:
If you have any questions or would like to share your experience with using EarnHoney, please leave them in the comments below. We’d love to hear about them! Thanks for reading and happy frugaling.
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.