Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short time. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Update: This program is no longer available.
Have you ever had a question that you needed an in-depth explanation for out of sheer curiosity or for your next writing assignment? Now you can ask away for a small fee, or you can earn money by answering questions of others on a site called The Given.
What Is The Given?
The Given is a free website that works as a social network designed to share and spread knowledge. The platform is meant for all grades of K-12 and higher. You can choose to either have you questions answered for free or for a premium, but of course you’re more likely to have it answered if you pay a small fee.
You get to select a specific tutor to answer your question based on their reviews and background. The only requirement to get started with The Given is that you post your questions and state how much money you’re willing to give for it. On the flip side, you could be one of the people answering the questions and thus earn some extra cash.
If you’re a tutor, you can bid on questions that you feel you’re confident in answering. If a student likes your price and is confident in your knowledge, they’ll select you and you’ll receive payment shortly after answering. By doing so, you’re not only making a small side-income but also helping students across the nation succeed in their studies.
50% of payments are sent immediately when the tutor is selected, and another 50% after the question has been answered with a detailed explanation (if needed). The student needs to be satisfied for the second half to be transferred. All bids that are won will be transferred to your PayPal account.
How Much Can I Expect To Make?
This really depends on your skills and the amount of questions you answer. Questions usually take no longer than 5 minutes to explain, so don’t expect to earn any more than $2 a question. Given the amount of time put into it, that’s a great deal and turns out to be $24 an hour.
We suggest answering your first few questions for free in order to build up your reputation with positive reviews. Not only will students be more willing to accept your bids, but they’ll also start inviting you to answer their questions.
How Do I Get Started With The Given?
Signing-up and earning some extra income with The Given can be done in just 3 simple steps.
1. Register. You can register for an account by clicking this link here. Select to sign-up as a tutor (or a student if you need help), and you can do both after the initial registration.
2. Explain your skills. You’ll be asked to explain what you can help answer questions in. Make sure to note down your background as well as why you’ll be more helpful over someone else. From there verify your email.
3. Answer questions. Get started earning cash right away by answering questions. It might be a good idea to answer a few free ones at first in order to get some positive reviews. From there, you can start bidding. Become really good and you can get invited to answer questions.
4. Withdraw. The only downside to this website is their minimum withdrawal rate at $50. However, if you’re a frequent user on this webpage, you should be able to get that amount in no time.
For those of you who are academically inclined, this is a great opportunity to earn some decent cash. Questions aren’t usually too difficult provided that you have a strong knowledge in a particular subject. Let us know if you have any questions or comments down below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.