WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
Have a random skill that won’t land you a traditional job? The Moonlighting App takes your abilities and puts them in front of those who are looking a specific skill set. You can post your skills for free and get paid by accepting certain gigs.
What Is Moonlighting?
In short, Moonlighting is very similar to the website Fiverr, in which you post a listing regarding your good or service and charge $5 each time someone wants to hire you. This app is different because you’re able to charge your own rates and the jobs that you post don’t have to be digital.
With non-digital services, you can post gigs ranging from babysitting all the way to washing dogs or teaching how to salsa dance. The site also organizes the types of gigs that are currently in highest demand.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for someone to do a job and are having difficulty finding someone or just don’t want to spend a large amount of money, the Moonlighting App can be an excellent resource.
Moonlighting has already been featured in the press as a great supplemental income for retirement. Their testimonials claim that it’s a great way to choose what you want to do, for how much you want to do it for, and when you want to do it.
How Do I Get Started With Moonlighting?
Getting started using the Moonlighting App is very simple and can be done in just 3 simple steps. You can either use their app or webpage to sign-up.
1. Register. You can register for a new Moonlighting account for free by clicking this link here. You’re not required to put in a profile picture, but we highly recommend it. Accounts that are more personal tend to get more offers.
2. Fill out your profile. People looking to hire you are going to want to read your profile, so be sure to make it descriptive and neat.
3. Search for jobs. You can also be pro-active about looking for work and find a job yourself. You can search on both a local or global level, and there’s even a map showing you job postings available and in what area of the city. The one below is an example of a posting for yard work in my hometown of Spokane, WA.
Click on the “Request More Info” button to find out more. This will also allow you to contact the poster and workout any necessary details about what the gig requires. This is actually a great opportunity for you to negotiate a higher wage.
4. Get paid. Once you complete your required task, reach out to your employer. It is possible to request a deposit before you begin working, but most employers are against this since they want to see the finish product first. Payments are automatically deposited into your accounts that you specified under your “Bank & Cards” settings.
Until the Moonlighting App grows in popularity, the ratio of jobs needed versus skills posted is going to be a little skewed. If you’re looking for a little bit of extra cash, don’t expect someone to reach out to you right away. However, the more gigs that you post, the more opportunities that you have for someone to reach out to you.
Do you have a unique skill that you’re looking to cash out on? Let us know what it is below, and go ahead and make a link to it on your Moonlighting page down below. We’d love to hear about it. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!