WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
If you haven’t heard of Ibotta already, it’s a free app that pays you to scan grocery receipts to your smartphone. Now they’re offering a $10 sign-up bonus to all new users after claiming their first receipt within 30 days.
What Is Ibotta?
Each time you go to the grocery store or buy something from a restaurant, you should receive a receipt at the end of your purchase. Instead of throwing it away, keep it and you could end up getting some extra cash back.
Ibotta is a free mobile app available for both iOS and Android devices that pays you for your receipts. Within the app there are specific rebates that you can unlock that can be applied to your purchase. Each of these rebates will pay you a certain amount depending on the product that you purchase and the location that you purchased it at.
Before each rebate is unlocked, you’ll need to complete a small task, such as answering one survey question or watching a short 15-second video. Once you do this, your rebate is unlocked and you can scan your grocery or restaurant receipt to your phone.
Within a couple of days you will receive your rebate bonus to your app, usually anywhere from $.25 cent to as much as up to $10. Once you reach a minimum of $10 in your account, you can either exchange it for gift cards such as Amazon, or have it directly deposited to your PayPal or Venom account.
The reason Ibotta is willing to pay you for your receipt is because of the data that’s on it. They keep track of what products you buy, where you buy it, and when you buy it. This market data is then sold to companies that can use the information to influence their products and prices.
Any of the personal information that’s displayed on your receipt (such as the last 4 digits of your credit card or your phone number) will not be used in market research. This way you can assure that your personal information is safe.
There are currently 158 different stores that you can submit a receipt from, including but not limited to Walmart, Target, Kroger, Walgreens, and Best Buy. There are also added bonuses that you can receive (explained below) during holidays and by working with others.
Honestly, out of all of the apps that pay you to scan receipts, this is by far the oldest and highest-paying. I easily make an extra $20 – $30 a month just from scanning receipts to my phone.
How Do I Get Started With Ibotta And Earn My $10 Sign-Up Bonus?
It may be a little bit confusing the first time you use this app, so we’re here to make it easy and break it down into 5 simple steps.
1. Register. You can register for a new Ibotta account by clicking this link here. You’ll be required to enter in your name and email, or you can sign-up via Facebook.
2. Download the app. After registration, you can download the app for either iOS or Android devices. Login using your credentials and click on the category for which you wish to redeem a rebate. We’re going to use the “Grocery” category as an example. From there, select the store of your choosing.
3. Select the rebate. We’re going to use milk as an example. Answer a couple of survey questions and unlock a rebate to get $.50 cents off of any gallon of milk (no matter what the brand) that you purchase at Walmart.
4. Scan Receipts. From there you’ll need to verify the product that you purchased by scanning its barcode. This verification process is almost instantaneous. Once it’s verified, take a picture of the receipt, making sure to include all parts of the receipt. Receipt too long? You’ll have the option to take multiple pictures.
5. Get paid. Usually payments are made within the first 24 hours, but they can take a bit longer. Either cash out or exchange your earnings for gift cards. If you submit your first 10 receipts (each valued at $.25 cents or more) within your first 30 days, you’ll receive a $10 bonus.
Ibotta is primarily about scanning receipts from the grocery store, but there are a few other things that can also help you save some money.
Each time you use your referral code you receive a bonus of $2 after your friend scans their first receipt. Your friend will also receive a bonus of $1 upon registration. If you’d like to support FFL, we’d greatly appreciate it if you would use our referral link here.
Get Bonuses Through Teamwork
You can also earn extra bonuses by joining a “team.” Each time you refer a friend, that member will be placed on your team and will automatically help you reach a common goal to earn more cash.
For example, for the month of October you can earn a $1 bonus when you redeem 10 rebates or more and your team earns $10 in total rebates. The more teammates you have, the easier it is to meet monthly goals.
You can also earn rebates by shopping online. These purchases usually take a bit longer to verify. Simply open the app and use the link they give you to make the purchase. One of the best ones that I’ve found is getting $10 back on any $100 purchase at TigerDirect.
View All Rebates
Instead of going through each section of the app to see what rebates are available, you can easily view them all on the Ibotta website. This makes it much easier to see where and how you can earn cash back.
Link Loyalty Accounts
You can get double cash back on your purchases by using both a loyalty accounts and rebates. Ibotta makes this simple by allowing you to enter in your loyalty account information or phone number into the app and show it to the cashier at checkout.
Out of all of the receipt-scanning apps, Ibotta is by far the best. It helps me get an extra $20 – $30 a month in cash back on groceries. The only downside is that rarely will they hold offers for produce, yet they’ve been continually expanding and offering new rebates.
Make sure to refer your friends for an additional $2 bonus and to help your friend earn an extra $1. Claim 10 rebates within your first 30 days and you’re looking at an easy $10 bonus. How much have you claimed with the Ibotta app thus far? Let us know in the comments below.