WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
Quite a few of my friends love going to olive garden, especially to try their unlimited breadsticks and salad combination. By doing this, you can usually get a lot of food for a pretty decent price. Yet no matter what you spend, you’re missing out on some big savings by paying full price.
Follow the steps outlined in this guide below and get up to 22% off of everything you buy at Olive Garden. Just be sure to follow the steps in order, even if they don’t make sense at first – it will once you finish.
1. Get A Cash Back Credit Card
We’re going to need a cash back credit card to add a few percentage points to our savings. While some of you might be thinking we need a credit card that gives us the most cash back specifically at restaurants, we’re actually going to need a credit card that gives us the most cash back on all purchases.
The card we recommend (and the one that gives you the highest cash back) is the Citi Double Cash Card. You receive 1% cash back when you make a purchase, and another 1% when you pay your bill, for a total of 2% cash back on all purchases. With no annual fee, it’s a great saver. Let’s a take a quick look at the card:
- 2% cash back on all purchases
- No annual fee
- First late payment waived
- Incredible Citi Benefits
- Free concierge service
- No cap on cash back
With this card, we’re already at 2% savings on our next meal at the Olive Garden. If you don’t want to get a Citi Card, you can also get the Discover It Card. Right now they’re holding a double cash back promotion until September 30th, plus certain categories allow you to get up to 10% off (such as 10% off all things on Amazon). It’s a much better card in this case, but the promotion will eventually expire.
2. Sign-Up For Cardpool
Instead of using a credit card to pay for our purchase, we’re going to be buying a gift card at a discount instead. Do NOT make the purchase on Cardpool just yet if you want to maximize your savings. This step is just to get you to sign-up for an account.
Cardpool is a gift card exchange service, in which you can sell your unwanted gift cards, and then Cardpool resells them at a discount. You can sign-up for a new account by clicking this link here. All you need to do is enter your name and email to register.
3. Sign-Up For A Cash Back Portal
We’re going to be using an online shopping portal in our next step. These portals are online websites that give you cash back for using their affiliate links. They receive a commission from retailers when you buy something, and give a portion of it back to the user, you.
The one we’re going to use is called TopCashBack. It’s personally one of my favorites, and I use it almost on a daily basis. You can sign-up for a new account by clicking this link here. Just enter your name and email to sign-up.
Still confused on what a cash back portal is? You might be interested in the following articles:
- Top 10 Cash Back Portals
- What Is A Cash Back Portal?
- Discover Deals Has One Of The Best Shopping Portals
4. Go Through TopCashBack To Get To Cardpool
Now we’re going to get 1 step closer to making our gift card purchase on Cardpool. Follow these 3 steps.
1. Login to your TopCashBack account.
2. Type in Cardpool in the search bar.
3. Click the “Get Cash Back” button. You’ll be redirected to the Cardpool website. Go ahead and login.
Notice that by going through TopCashBack, you’re going to get 2% cash back on all purchases made at Cardpool. Once you receive a minimum of $20 dollars in your account, you can have the cash directly sent to your PayPal. Note that you can use this portal for other purchases as well.
5. Purchase Your Gift Card
Now that we’re on the Cardpool page, we can finally make our purchase. This is where our Citi Card is going to come in handy. Go ahead and type in “Olive Garden” in the search bar. You’ll notice that list of gift cards come up. Olive Garden should be listed as 18% off.
Go ahead and add the card to your cart. When you checkout, just be sure to use your Citi Double Cash Card so you can get that extra 2% off your purchase.
After you make your purchase, you should receive your gift card via your inbox within about 20 minutes. They claim that you may have to wait up to 24 hours, but I’ve personally never have had to wait over an hour. Also be sure to purchase an electronic gift card. Otherwise, a physical one will take a while to be delivered to your door.
Now that we have our gift card, we can use it when making our purchase at Olive Garden. Since we are getting a huge discount on the card itself, it’s just like getting a discount on the meal itself. Let’s do a quick recap of our savings
- Saved 2% by using the Citi Double Cash Card
- Saved 2% by using TopCashBack
- Saved 18% by buying a gift card through Cardpool.
This means our total savings adds up to 22%! That’s a really great deal. The cards listed above are only in $25-dollar denominations, but you can always buy more than one if you think you’re going to spend a lot more on the same purchase. Even if you don’t, you can use it for the next visit.
These steps can be used for any restaurant that you want to eat at. However, sometimes Cardpool might not be the gift card vendor with the highest discount, but you can easily find out which gift card vendor has the best deals. If you’re interested in saving cash at particular retailers, we recommend the following:
- Top 10 Ways To Save Money On Amazon
- How To Save 12.5% On All Walmart Purchases
- Discover It Gets You 18.5% Off Amazon Purchases
- Why To Almost Always Use Raise When Buying Gift Cards
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Sell Your Gift Card At Cardpool
If you have any questions or other suggestions for saving money at your favorite restaurant, please let us know down below. Thanks so much for reading and good luck on your frugal journey!