WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Springboard America: Great surveys and great pay. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Springboard America Now
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Frugal For Less readers know that we’re big fans of survey sites.
They’re a great way to make extra money in your spare time. When you use multiple sites at once, it’s possible to make a few hundred dollars each month. Fortunately, we’re always listing and reviewing survey sites for you to consider.
The Panel Station is a fairly new survey site and survey app. It’s available in many different countries.
Many people consider it a good egg to have in their money-making routine. But as always, we’ll let you decide if it’s right for you. Read our The Panel Station review for facts, stats, user feedback, and more.
What Is The Panel Station?
The Panel Station is a survey site created in 2008 by Praveen Gupta. It’s a branch of Borderless Access, a digital market research company. The company collects data for ad agencies, retailers, and other major companies.
Borderless Access has a very good reputation, which is always reassuring when I find new survey sites.
The Panel Station acts as the middleman between big corporations and consumers like you. Your opinions on different products, services, and other goods are collected via surveys.
This feedback helps retailers improve the goods that they offer. You get paid to share your thoughts, so it’s a win-win situation.
You can access The Panel Station through their website or through your smartphone. Their Google Play app has a large following, and their App Store app was recently released. In our review, you’ll learn exactly what you need to know about taking their surveys.
Who Can Join The Panel Station?
The requirements for joining The Panel Station are very simple. You need to be 16 or older, and you need to live in an eligible country. There are tons of locations on their eligibility list.
I found this pretty impressive because it’s rare for a survey site to be available in so many places. Below is a list of all of the countries where The Panel Station is available:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
You’ll also need a valid e-mail address to confirm your identity. You can sign up via the app or on their website. I’ll go over all of the steps for joining The Panel Station later in this post.
The Panel Station Pros And Cons
If you’re eligible for The Panel Station, you need to know the good, the bad, and the ugly. My list of pros and cons gives you a very honest look at what to expect. All of the info below comes from user ratings, review posts, and The Panel Station website.
- More than 2.7 million users in over 30 countries have joined The Panel Station.
- The Panel Station is backed by a professional digital market research company.
- Signing up is a simple and quick process.
- The app is free to download and use.
- The app is available for iOS and Android devices.
- The Android app has over 13,000 ratings and 56% are 4 or 5-star ratings.
- The Panel Station accepts international users.
- You’ll receive points every time you’re disqualified from a survey.
- You can cash out with PayPal, Amazon gift cards, or choose from other rewards.
- Several reviews confirm that users received payment as promised.
- You’ll only receive about two survey invitations per week.
- There is no referral bonus system.
- It takes 6-8 weeks to receive payments and other rewards.
- App users reported technical bugs in 2017.
- You may be screened out of surveys.
- 26% of the ratings for the Android app are 1-star ratings.
- Payment per survey can be low.
- The FAQ section seems outdated and may not reflect their current points system.
From what I’ve read, The Panel Station has about a 50/50 mix of pros and cons. I like the fact that users receive points even when they’re screened out of surveys.
This is pretty rare for apps like this. The company that’s behind the app has a solid reputation, and that always makes me feel like they’re trustworthy. Lastly, getting payment via PayPal is a top choice for many survey takers.
There are a few negative points that stand out to me. It takes 6 to 8 weeks to receive rewards once you cash out. This is a very long wait period compared to other options.
The FAQ section info about points conflicts with what I saw when I signed up. I’ll explain this in detail later on. The other cons listed are pretty typical for survey sites.
How To Join The Panel Station
I joined The Panel Station through their website, so I’ll give a step-by-step account of my experience. It may be a bit different if you sign up through one of their apps. Here’s what I had to do.
- Visit The Panel Station website.
- Click on the Login icon. When I did this, an option for signing up appears.
- Answer a few demographic questions and click the Submit button. I input my first name, last name, date of birth, current city, employment status, and whether or not I owned a car.
- Confirm registration via e-mail. I immediately received an e-mail and clicked the blue Confirm Registration button.
- Read the second e-mail. After confirming my registration, I immediately received a Registration Details e-mail. This contained my login ID and password. I clicked on the blue Login button.
- Fill out your profile and receive survey invitations.
That’s all there is to it. Filling out your profile is a crucial part of receiving as many survey invitations as possible. The Panel Station offers up to 300 points per profile survey you fill out.
In my experience, about half of the survey sites I’ve tried don’t give you points for this. Either way, it’s an important step in joining.
Signing up took about 2-3 minutes and didn’t require much information from me. I like how simple it is to join and that I received the e-mails right away. That makes joining convenient, so I added that to the pros list above.
The Panel Station Surveys And Rewards
The Panel Station uses a points-to-cash conversion system. The company is based in India, so the FAQ section explains the system in Rupees. If you live outside of the US, you can use a currency conversion calculator.
Below you’ll find a list of facts about The Panel Station surveys and their rewards system. The information I found about the points system conflicts with the info I see upon signing up.
Most of this information comes from their FAQ section, but some of it is based on reviews and my research.
- Surveys take about 12 to 15 minutes each.
- The FAQ page says you need a minimum of 3,000 points to cash out. However, this contradicts the information I saw when I signed up.
- The Panel Station dashboard says I need 250 points to cash out. It appears that The Panel Station recently changed their points system.
- Based on the FAQ page, you’ll receive about two survey invitations per week.
- Based on user reviews, you’ll receive 20 points when you’re screened out of a survey. This is also mentioned at the bottom of the How It Works page.
- Based on user reviews, you will receive points for filling out your profile. I received e-mails offering 300 points to fill out profile sections.
- Based on the FAQ points system, 500 to 5,000 points converts to approximately 50 to 500 Indian Rupees.
- Based on the FAQ points system, 500 to 5,000 points converts to approximately $0.79 to $7.86.
- User reviews say that 3,000 points is approximately $5.00. This is based on the points station listed on the FAQ page, too.
It’s hard to give examples of potential earnings since the points system seems to have changed recently. I sent an e-mail to The Panel Station about the points and rewards system. We’ll edit this post with updated details as soon as I receive a reply.
I’m going to give an earnings example based on info from their current FAQ page. Payment per survey ranges from 500 to 5,000 points, which is roughly $0.79 to $7.86. If you qualify for two surveys per week, that’s about eight surveys per month.
Based on that, your monthly earnings could be between $6.32 to $62.88 per month. This is only if you’re not disqualified from any surveys you take. Unfortunately, a lot of users said they get screened out of surveys. You do earn points anyways, but you won’t make as much money.
You can see that there’s not a 100% clear answer about how much you’ll earn. The most recent user reviews and comments I found are from November and December 2017.
It seems like earning potential is at the lower end of the scale. I’d estimate that it’s possible to earn at least $5.00 per month through The Panel Station. That’s not a ton of money, but it definitely adds up over time.
The Panel Station Rewards
Cash payments via PayPal and Amazon gift cards are undoubtedly the most popular rewards. There are other gift cards available for lesser known companies. You can view the list of reward options here.
Unfortunately, you can’t view the redemption amounts for each reward on the site.
The Panel Station FAQ says it takes about 6 to 8 weeks to receive cash payments and rewards. Some reviews I read said they received payment within 4 to 5 weeks. If you don’t receive your rewards in time, you can contact the company at email@example.com.
Verdict: Is The Panel Station A Scam Or Legit?
Based on all of the info above, I do think The Panel Station is legit. Nearly 3 million people take surveys on the site. It’s backed by a market research firm with a good history. Google Play reviews are above average. Survey takers definitely earn money from the site, so it’s not a scam.
I also think The Panel Station needs some improvement. The biggest problem is their confusing FAQ section. Yes, you’ll get rewards, but it’s hard to estimate how much you can earn per month. The low payment and low amount of surveys isn’t ideal, but the site is still legit overall.
I’m happy to wrap up my review on a very positive note. The Panel Station may not be perfect, but you can join their site and still explore more options. Here are some popular Frugal For Less posts to point you in the right direction:
- 20 Best Survey Sites 2018: Earn Free Cash Taking Surveys From Home
- 20 Best Money Making Apps 2018: Earn Cash Directly From Your Phone
- 35 Ways To Score Free Amazon Gift Cards (Updated 2018)
There you have it – dozens of great ways to make money online. You’ll easily find survey sites and apps that you love. Start browsing and signing up, and you can earn real money right away.