Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short time. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Don’t you hate it when you buy something really nice and expensive only to find out the next day that it went on sale? While you can use purchase protection with your credit card to claim back the difference in price, it’s a bit difficult to keep track of. Fortunately, a company called Paribus does this for us.
What Is Paribus?
Paribus is a web-based company that works to get your money back when prices drop in something you just recently bought. Stores will often give you promises of the lowest prices, even going as far as price-matching. Yet they won’t give you the best deals unless you work for it. This is where Paribus comes in.
This company has setup complicated algorithms that notify you when something you’ve recently bought has dropped in price, taking out the majority of the legwork for you. All you have to do is sign-up, enter in your shopping credentials, and get notifications when prices drops occur for that product you recently purchased. If there aren’t any drops, you won’t be notified.
Most stores have the policy that if you can find the same product that you purchased for cheap within 30 days, they’ll refund you the difference. Even if they refuse, you can simply return the item and then go to the other store to purchase the same product at a cheaper price.
Just make sure that you keep track of your receipts and stores’ return policies. Signing-up is absolutely free, but if Paribus helps you in getting your money back, they take a 25% cut of whatever amount of money they get back for you.
How Does It Work?
Paribus detects which products you buy online by keeping track of your e-receipts, electronic receipts sent directly to your inbox after you make a purchase. Any purchases you don’t want associated with the price protection of Paribus can be changed in your settings tab, so you won’t receive notifications from specific stores or products.
This means that Paribus will need to have access to your email, but they guarantee that they do not access personal emails. Only emails from verified vendors will be grabbed from you. Any personal information is protected.
Paribus is currently expanding their market outreach and works with lots of online retailers. You can view which merchants they currently support on their page.
Most email services are supported by Paribus (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.), so you shouldn’t have any trouble connecting with them.
Paribus works in the same way that price protection works on a credit card. Certain cards like Discover have a policy stating that if you find a cheaper price after purchase, they’ll refund you the difference. However, you end up doing all of the legwork of finding the deal. Paribus takes this out of the equation.
How Do I Sign-Up & Get Started With Paribus?
Getting started with Paribus can be done very easily, and we’re here to guide you through the process.
1. Register. You can register for Paribus by going directly to their homepage. Click on their “Sign-Up” button to get started. You’ll need to tell them which email provider you use and grant them permission to access it.
2. Link accounts. You can choose which accounts you want to link with Paribus. Upon logging in, they ask that you share to Facebook to automatically get a 20% discount off of their cut that they receive when you find a deal. You can also link your Amazon account or credit card.
3. Receive Money Back. When Paribus detects that there’s a purchase difference with your linked accounts, you’ll be sent a notification email. Remember if you make a claim, Paribus will take a 25% cut of whatever amount you save.
4. Refer a friend. Each time you refer a friend, you cut your fee by an extra 5%. It only takes a quick post to Facebook or Twitter. If you’d like to support FFL, you can use our referral link here. We’d greatly appreciate it!
Paribus is basically a passive way for you to find out when price drops occur after you’ve purchased a product. It doesn’t cost anything to sign-up, and you can end up saving lots of money. If you’re interested in other ways of saving cash online, we recommend the following:
- What’s Exactly Covered With Price Protection On A Credit Card
- Get 20% Cash Back When You Use Apple Pay & Discover
Price protection is a great concept, and you should be using it to your advantage. Thanks for reading our article!
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.