WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- DoorDash: $0 delivery fee on your first order with DoorDash. Get Your First Delivery with DoorDash Free
Ibotta is one of our most frequently recommended receipt scanning apps, and it’s easy to see why.
This app helps you easily get cash back on everyday items at hundreds of major retailers.
Ibotta recently launched a new feature called Pay With Ibotta that makes the app even more beneficial.
Read on to learn everything you need to know in our Pay With Ibotta review.
Before we review Pay For Ibotta, we’ll highlight the main features of the Ibotta app itself.
Make sure to read this section if you’re new to the must-have receipt scanning app.
How Does Ibotta Work?
Ibotta lets you earn cash back when you buy items like groceries and household essentials.
hey partner with more than 300 retailers including Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Price Chopper, and Whole Foods.
There are three ways to get cash back – scanning your receipt, shopping online through the app, and linking store loyalty accounts. Here’s how each option works:
- receipt scanning – Add offers in the app, buy at partner retailers, and upload a photo of your receipt.
- shopping online – Visit retailer websites and apps through the Ibotta app and earn cash back on your purchase.
- loyalty accounts – Link your loyalty cards/accounts, add offers before shopping, and earn cashback on your purchase.
Scanning receipts gets you cash back in 24 hours or less, and linking loyalty accounts gets you cash back within 48 hours. Cash back for online shopping varies with each retailer.
How Does Ibotta Pay?
Ibotta offers several payment options. If you want cash, you can redeem your earnings through PayPal or Venmo. You can also opt to purchase gift cards to various popular retailers.
You need at least $20 in Ibotta account balance to request payment. It usually takes just a few hours to receive payment, but it can take up to 24 hours.
Ibotta offers a $10 bonus to new users who sign up using a referral link. Simply click the link, create your free account, and you’ll get a bonus after you scan your first receipt.
You can share your own referral link with friends and family, and it works the same way. Send the custom link found in your account settings, and you’ll both get $10 bonuses when they scan their first receipt.
Ibotta periodically offers bonuses for meeting certain goals, and these are very easy ways to boost your earnings. They recently offered a $5 bonus if you redeemed eight offers within a certain time frame.
More Info About Ibotta
If you want more details, read our full Ibotta review to learn all you need to know.
After that, make sure to check out 13 Ibotta Tips And Tricks: How To Get The Most Out Of This Cash Back App for even more helpful information.
What Is Pay With Ibotta?
Pay With Ibotta is a two-in-one feature that’s used to pay for your purchase while also earning you cash back on the entire purchase.
It doesn’t matter what products you buy, and there are no fine print limitations.
You instantly earn up to 10% cash back when you pay using the Ibotta app, and the amount varies with each partner merchant. As of July 2019, you can use Pay With Ibotta at 30 different popular retailers and restaurants.
There’s no need to take pictures of your receipts, scan QR codes, or double-check the products you purchase. Pay With Ibotta is a simple and convenient way to boost your cash back earnings.
How Does Pay With Ibotta Work?
Now that you know the basics, we’ll go into detail about the exact way Pay With Ibotta works. Here’s the simple step-by-step process:
- Link your payment method to the Ibotta app. You can use most credit or debit cards, and we’ll cover this more below.
- Visit a partner retailer or restaurant to make a purchase.
- When you’re checking out, type the total into the Ibotta app. Your chosen payment method will be charged once you type the total and hit ‘Pay’.
- Ibotta generates a unique gift card specifically for your purchase.
- Have the cashier scan your digital gift card.
- Your purchase is completed, and you’ve earned cash back!
Ibotta says that you’ll see the cash back in your account balance within 24 hours. The activity feed in the app will also display a notification when cash back is added.
How To Start Using Pay With Ibotta
Before you start earning cash back through Pay With Ibotta, you need to set it up through the app. Fortunately, this is another easy process that only takes a few minutes.
- Go to Account, then Payments, and select Payment Methods.
- Add your debit or credit card information to your account.
- Go to the home screen, where you’ll see Pay With Ibotta.
- Select View All to see the 30 partner retailers and restaurants.
- Select the retailer you’re going to visit.
- During checkout, enter the total under Enter Checkout Amount.
- Select Review to confirm the total, then select Pay.
- A gift card for your total will appear; use this to pay for your purchase.
Once you’ve set up Pay With Ibotta, you’ll simply repeat steps 5 through 8 during your shopping trips. Alternatively, you can buy your gift card at home and spend the balance over multiple trips.
Where To Use Pay With Ibotta
You can use Pay With Ibotta at 30 retail stores and restaurants. This list is featured in the app as of July 2019:
- American Eagle
- AMC Theaters
- Baby Depot
- Banana Republic
- Barnes & Noble
- Bath & Body Works
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Foot Locker
- Forever 21
- Jersey Mike’s
- Old Navy
- Olive Garden
- Peet’s Coffee
- Regal Cinemas
- Steak ‘n Shake
- Texas Roadhouse
- The Children’s Place
- The Container Store
- The Home Depot
Pay With Ibotta Cash Back Amounts
When you use Pay With Ibotta, you earn a percentage amount of cash back on your entire purchase.
You never have to purchase specific items; just shop at one of the partner retailers above.
This is similar to the way you earn cash back when you shop online with Ibotta, but Pay With Ibotta gives you instant cash back with no waiting period.
The amount varies with each retailer, and you can see current percentages in the Ibotta app. As of July 2019, the most common rate is 4 to 5 percent cash back. One retailer offers 10 percent, and the rest range from 1 to 6 percent.
Pay With Ibotta Payment Methods
Ibotta lets you link credit and debit cards issued in the United States. They accept cards from major networks like Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
You can add or remove your preferred payment method anytime. Go to ‘Account’, then under ‘Payment’ select ‘Payment Methods’; you’ll find prompts to help you add/delete payment card information.
Pay With Ibotta Payment Security
Ibotta has a solid reputation for being secure, and linking your credit and debit cards to the app is very safe. The system uses 256-bit encryption; this is secure bank-level encryption that stores your data.
Ibotta never sees your banking information or card numbers, so you can feel confident about your privacy. Your credit or debit card details are only used when you confirm a Pay With Ibotta purchase.
Are There Cons To Pay With Ibotta?
Like every popular app, this new Ibotta feature has few minor flaws worth mentioning. They definitely aren’t deal breakers, but they’re good details to know before you start shopping.
- You cannot use your Ibotta account balance to pay for purchases. When the app first launched this feature was available, and Ibotta says they plan to launch it again.
- You can’t check the balance of a gift card code in the app. You’ll have to follow the retailer’s gift card procedures for checking gift card balances.
- Gift card balances aren’t updated after a purchase is made. To update the balance, go to Payments in the app and select Update Balance.
- Used/empty gift cards aren’t automatically removed from the app.
- All Pay with Ibotta transactions are considered final. If you want to return a product, your original payment method isn’t refunded. Depending on the retailer’s policies, you’ll get store credit or a gift card.
Overall, these cons don’t have a huge impact on Pay With Ibotta users. This Ibotta feature is still very new, so it continues to change and improve.
If you enjoy using Ibotta, we think you’ll love the benefits of Pay With Ibotta. You can earn cash back easily and quickly without buying specific items.
There are many more receipt scanning apps you can use to earn cash back. They’re totally free to use, and you can learn more about them in the posts below.