WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
A lot of you might already be familiar with Perk TV, a mobile-based app that allows you to earn points that can be converted into cash or gift cards. The great thing about this app is that it’s semi-passive, meaning you don’t have to do much and let videos run on your phone.
Now Perk has introduced a new part of their program called Perk.TV. This is a browser-based platform that allows you to earn perk points into your account by watching videos from your web browser.
- Direct Link to App (bonus code fe060f34)
What Exactly Is Perk TV?
To give you a better perspective of what Perk TV is, it’s a free mobile app for iOS or Android devices that plays video advertisements on your phone in the form of videos. Each time a video finishes playing, you earn a certain amount of points.
In a previous article, we estimated that with their current point system will allow you to make nearly $150 dollars per month, provided you have a fast and reliable internet connection.
What makes this app so great is that it can be considered somewhat passive. You do not have to click a button in order to get to the next video ad. The only thing you have to do is press a button on your phone every 1-2 hours so that they know you’re actually still paying attention.
When you sign-up for Perk TV, you are automatically enrolled to participate in other Perk TV apps, such as Perk Word Search, Perk TV Live!, Perk Browser, etc. All points are distributed to one account to make it easy to keep track of your earnings.
What Is Perk.TV?
Perk.TV works almost in the same way, but is a little bit different. Instead of playing Perk TV ads from your phone, you can now play them from a web browser on any computer. Each time a video ad finishes playing, you can earn 2 points.
However, unlike the mobile app that we’ve been using, you have to enter a captcha after each video is played to earn points, meaning that it’s not really passive in any way. The one good thing that I can say about it is that watching videos is pretty simple, and getting paid to do so is awesome. It’s just that it’s going to require a tiny bit of work on your end.
Captchas may not become apparent right away, but the more you use it, the more likely captchas are going to appear. When you sign-up for Perk TV, you can use the same login information to log-in to Perk.TV.
How Do I Sign-Up With The Perk TV Program?
If you’re interested in signing-up for the Perk TV program, you can do so in just 3 simple steps.
1. Register. You can register for a new Perk account by clicking this link here. Go ahead and click the “sign-up” button. Enter in your email or use your Facebook credentials. You’ll need to verify your email.
2. Download apps. From here you can download one of many Perk apps. They all use the same login information. My personal favorites are Perk TV and Perk Pop Quiz. You can also view the entire list of 11 Perk Apps. The only app that is not yet available for iOS is Perk Screen.
3. Get Rewards. Once you earn enough rewards, you can download the Perk Wallet App that’s really simple to use. Click on “Browse Rewards” from within the app and select the gift card or cash prize that you want.
How Much Can I Earn With Perk.TV?
For all of the Perk TV apps, 1,000 points is equivalent to 1 USD. Each video that’s played on the browser gives you 2 points, and each video can take up to about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. If you were to run your browser 24/7, you can expect to earn about 576 points per day, or roughly 57 cents.
While this may not seem like much, it definitely adds up. However, those earnings are quite low since you have to enter in a captcha once every so often. A good way to make it somewhat passive is to open a new window and watch ads on the side.
In the end, do I think it’s worth it? If you happen to have some spare time and want to earn some extra cash, then yes. However, if you are hesitant about running your computer 24/7 and watching videos all the time, then probably not.
I do not encourage not watching the videos. This violates Perk’s TOS and is a rule that should be taken seriously.
How Can I Earn Even More Points?
Perk TV also has a referral program, giving you 50 cents for every friend that you refer that signs-up. It may not be much, but if you make a quick post to Facebook or Twitter you might be able to get a few extra bucks in your account just for taking a few seconds to make a new post.
Perk TV has been around for a while now and is a great way to earn some extra cash in your spare time, or for those who are in between jobs. It can also be great for those who are stay-at-home moms or dads. If you haven’t already looked into the app, I highly encourage it, especially since it’s an easy way to make an extra $150 per month.
Have you tried out Perk.TV yet? Give us your thoughts on what you think of the new browser edition below.