Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short time. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Getting your prescription medications can be quite a hassle. I use a chain pharmacy and a mail order pharmacy, and both of them can be inconvenient at times.
The wait is often too long for mail order prescriptions, and finding time to go to the pharmacy isn’t always easy. On top of that, there’s dealing with your insurance company. If you’re in the same boat, you’re likely tired of these issues.
Fortunately, medication delivery services are becoming more popular. I’m not talking about mail order pharmacies. Innovative companies like Phil ensure your prescriptions are delivered straight to you as quickly as possible for free. You’re probably wondering how Phil works, if it’s better than other options, and if it’s worth making the switch. I had these same questions, so I did research for this in-depth Phil review. Read on to learn more about this unique service.
What Is Phil?
Phil is a company that partners with highly-rated pharmacies to manage prescriptions. They ensure that customer prescriptions are delivered straight to them in a timely manner. This means no waiting in line at the pharmacy or worrying about mail-order pharmacy issues. Best of all, the delivery service is 100% free – there are no strings attached.
Phil is not a pharmacy. Simply put, they are a middleman that handles all of the work and stress for you. They work solely with reputable community pharmacies, and they have standards that every single pharmacy must meet in order to be partners. The goal of Phil is to make sure that people get the medications they need with zero issues.
I was impressed to see the list of investors that back Phil. Among the list is Forerunner Ventures. This investment company backs widely known names such as Dollar Shave Club, Glossier, and Birchbox. Other well-known and reputable investors that support Phil include Crosslink Capital, Transmedia Capital, and SoftTech VC.
A Business Insider report highlights the rapid growth of Phil as a company. At first, the company employed 25 people and provided services only in the state of California. Within just three months, Phil expanded their services to 18 states or ⅔ of the entire United States. The company set a goal to service 90% of the U.S. population by the end of June 2017.
How Do You Sign Up For Phil?
Creating an account on the Phil website is pretty simple. Go to the website, click ‘Get Started’, and fill out the short form. You’ll be prompted to provide your full name, zip code, e-mail address, and a password. That should take about one minute or less.
Once you’ve created your account, you can add information about your prescription medications. You’ll also need to provide information about your insurance as well as your old pharmacy. When you do this, Phil can begin taking care of the transfer process for you.
Lastly, you can download the Phil app for iPhone or Android. With the app, you can schedule when your prescriptions will arrive, track deliveries, and much more. If you have any issues with signing up or using the app, you can use their Contact Us form.
How Does The Delivery Service Work?
Once you’ve signed up for Phil, you can start the process of using their delivery service. Below are some highlights of what you’ll need to do:
- Provide information about your current prescriptions and current pharmacy. Phil will get in touch with your current pharmacy for the transfer process.
- Provide information about your insurance. I’m not 100% sure what details you need to provide. However, this process is used to determine if your insurance will pay for the prescription.
- Click the “Process” button or link to submit your order.
Take these steps with all of the prescriptions that you want to transfer. Phil will then contact the local pharmacy closest to you that they work with. The pharmacy will then contact your doctor to confirm your prescriptions. If everything goes smoothly, Phil will contact you to confirm you’re willing to pay your co-pay amount (or the out of pocket amount).
Now that we’ve covered that, let’s take a look at how shipping works and how fast you’ll get your meds. This information is found on the Phil Support page:
- In general, your medication(s) should arrive within 2-3 business days. I say “in general” because this depends on everything going smoothly with your insurance, your doctors, and your previous pharmacy.
- You don’t need to be home in order for your medication to be delivered. It is mailed discreetly and you don’t need to sign for it.
- Phil cannot offer returns on any medication that’s been shipped. This is due to pharmacy law.
- Phil will refund orders if you cancel them before they are shipped from the pharmacy.
- Your prescription medication will be delivered in a discreet, sealed package that does not indicate the contents. This may help you feel reassured that your medication is safe if you’re not home when it’s delivered.
Overall, it seems like Phil works with local pharmacies and delivers medication to customers pretty quickly. The only roadblocks may be with your former pharmacy and your doctors. Fortunately, Phil handles all of this. You aren’t required to make calls or send messages; the company works it out so your medication can get shipped to you.
What Do I Have To Pay For With Phil?
Let’s get to the part that I’m sure you are curious about – I know I was. I wanted to know what you have to pay for if you use Phil’s service. It’s natural to be wary of any service that promotes themselves as free. In fact, it’s very smart to do so.
This is why I was pleased to discover that Phil backs up their promise. Fortunately, their website is very transparent about any and all costs. The information is readily available, and here’s what I found:
- You will be responsible for paying your prescription co-pay. Your co-pay will not increase when you use Phil.
- If you don’t have insurance, you’ll be responsible for the entire cost of your medication. However, Phil states that their partner pharmacies will provide you with the lowest price possible for your medication.
- Again, you do not have to pay for the delivery service. It’s 100% free for all Phil customers. The free service is not a trial offer; you’ll never have to pay for your prescription deliveries.
That’s it! It seemed too good to be true, but I thoroughly read through Phil’s website. There are zero hidden fees or additional costs. You don’t pay for using the services that Phil provides, period. Phil earns their money via their partner pharmacies; they don’t earn revenue through customers. That’s why the service is totally free for you to use.
To be sure you know exactly how much to pay, you may want to contact your insurance company. You can confirm your co-pay amount for each prescription that you take. I personally check from time to time in order to make sure I’m budgeting correctly. Again, your co-pay won’t increase just because you’re using the Phil service.
What Do Customers Have To Say About Phil?
Since Phil is a fairly new company, the reviews from customers are limited on Google, Yelp, and similar platforms. However, I searched and found a handful of valuable online reviews. I’ve compiled and organized these reviews below to give you an unbiased perspective of Phil straight from customers:
- In the Apple iTunes store, the Phil app has a 4-star rating based on 13 reviews. Here are some pros and cons found in the reviews:
- One customer noted that transferring data and prescriptions to Phil was a very easy process. The customer also gave pleasant feedback for a Phil representative.
- One customer expressed dissatisfaction due to the company being so new. Because of this, the customer seemed to experience some errors and frustration.
- In the Android Google Play store, the Phil app has a 4.3-star rating based on 22 reviews. Here are some pros and cons found in the reviews:
- Several users say that they received great customer service and that they highly recommend the company.
- One customer once again mentioned how seamless the transition process was with Phil. The company was able to serve them quickly and handled the transfer process with ease.
- One customer left an overall positive review, but they did express some unhappiness with the display of the website/application. They were unable to view some medication details and tracking information.
- One customer was unable to get the app to work and reported that it crashed on the signup screen.
- On the Phil website, you can read an in-depth customer testimonial. Here are some notes from this customer’s review:
- They were able to sign up on the Phil website in just one minute.
- Within one day, the customer’s prescription was transferred from their former pharmacy to Phil’s associated pharmacy.
- The customer’s prescription arrived ahead of time, and it came in discreet and secure packaging.
- The customer mentions how impressed they are with Phil’s customer service. They appreciated the fact that they could talk to real, understanding representatives who were genuinely helpful.
- On the main page of the Phil website, there are several testimonials from bloggers and customers alike. These are some highlights from those testimonials:
- One blogger with Hashimoto’s disease was impressed at how easy the process was. She also mentioned that Phil keeps you updated with notices throughout the whole process. (Keeping It Simple)
- One reviewer says her husband was so glad to eliminate inconvenient weekly trips to the pharmacy. She said the process was flawless and that Phil’s customer service team responds very quickly. (Sassy Townhouse Living)
- Maria mentions in her review that Phil takes all of the frustration out of refilling prescriptions. (Little Tree Vintage)
- Another blogger was appreciative that Phil e-mailed her during every step of the process. Phil enabled her to get her crucial prescriptions with total ease. (Skinny Fitalicious)
- Tamara, a photographer and blogger, states that Phil’s top priority is medication management and making things as easy as possible for the customer. (Tamara Camera)
- Another writer mentions that it’s difficult to find time to pick up her heart medication from the pharmacy due to her busy schedule. Phil totally eliminated this problem for her. (Venus Trapped In Mars)
- One parent blogger lists using Phil as a time saving tip for parents. Phil takes pharmacy trips out of a parent’s schedule, giving them time for other important activities. She says that she’s satisfied with Phil’s service so far. (The Nutritionist Reviews)
- Another parent blogger has great things to say about Phil. She says she instantly received information about the local pharmacy that would be filling her prescriptions. To her, it felt personal and reassured her she could easily get ahold of them if needed. (Friday We’re In Love)
- One customer mentions she enjoys Phil because it eliminates an extra errand out of her busy schedule. She also says that it’s very easy to do everything you need to get done via the app.
- Another customer mentions that Phil goes above and beyond by contacting her doctor for prior authorization. She goes on to say she’ll never go back to using a traditional pharmacy service.
- A Phil customer expressed frustration that her former pharmacy didn’t seem to provide genuine customer service. With Phil, she feels that the focus is really all about her prescription medication needs.
- One woman said she was pleased that Phil called her pharmacy to have her prescriptions transferred, filled, and delivered. She also said the process could not have been any easier for her.
- One man mentioned long lines at his prior pharmacy and said that filling out prescription mail order forms can be a hassle. With Phil, both of these inconveniences were eliminated for him.
Overall, it seems that customers are genuinely happy with Phil. Naturally, there are some dissatisfied users. From what I gathered, this seems to be due to the newness of the company. This is a fair issue for customers to bring up, but all new companies usually have kinks and errors. The majority of reviews express great satisfaction with how Phil currently operates.
Bonus Incentive For New Phil Customers
Phil offers a pretty impressive service that’s exclusively for new customers. You can get up to $20 off of your first prescription through Phil. This means that Phil will cover up to $20 of your insurance co-pay on your first shipment of medication. For me, that covers the co-pay cost of multiple prescription medications!
You may be worried that you can’t get this deal if you pay for your medications out of pocket. Fortunately, that’s not the case with Phil. If you don’t have insurance, they will cover $20 of the out of pocket cost of your first shipment.
The fine print does not that not every new customer is eligible for this special deal. Regulations prevent customers with government-sponsored insurance from receiving $20 off. The good news is that the Phil delivery service is still 100% free for all customers.
Where To Learn More About Using Phil
This post is pretty comprehensive, but you may still have some questions about using Phil. That’s perfectly understandable, and you should be 100% comfortable with using their service. Here’s a small directory of where you can find answers to common topics. I’ve also summarized what you’ll find in each of these sections:
- Payment Q&A – This is where you’ll find information about co-pays, prescription payments, and other similar topics. It also provides details for customers who pay out of pocket for their prescriptions.
- Insurance Q&A – This is where you’ll find information about what insurance policies Phil accepts. This section also covers what happens if there are any issues with your insurance.
- Pharmacy and Medicine Q&A – This section covers how Phil selects a pharmacy for you, what to do if your prescription changes, and so on. It also discusses what types of medications Phil handles; there are some exceptions.
- Shipping Q&A – This is where you’ll learn what to expect from Phil’s shipping process. They discuss when your medication will arrive, what kind of packaging they use, and more.
- New Prescription Q&A – This section talks about what to do if you’re prescribed a new medication. It essentially covers all of your bases – what happens when you add new prescriptions, what happens during the processing time, and much more.
- Prescription Transfer Q&A – This is where Phil discusses what happens once you transfer your prescriptions. They also tell you what to expect once a prescription transfer has been successfully completely.
- Privacy Q&A – This section is crucial for any Phil user to read. It discusses how your private information is used, what HIPAA is, and much more. Go through this section to learn all about the privacy and protection that Phil offers.
In addition to the in-depth question and answer section, you can also contact Phil customer representatives directly. Use the Phil Contact page to either message support or call to speak to someone. They offer customer support seven days per week.
Wrap Up: Filling Prescriptions With Phil Is Fast, Simple, And Free
After researching and writing this review, I have a very positive view of the services that Phil offers their customers. To sum it up, these are the things I like the most about Phil’s service:
- It’s totally free with no hidden costs. This is something that any consumer can truly appreciate.
- Phil does all of the legwork for you. You don’t have to deal with phone calls, e-mails, and all of the frustrating parts of the transfer.
- Phil customers seem genuinely happy with the service they receive. This is probably the most important point; each customer has a totally unique story to tell. However, almost every story highlights the same great points about the service.
I know firsthand that dealing with pharmacies and doctors can be frustrating. There’s really nothing better than a 100% free service that takes the hassle away. Between that and their no-cost delivery, there really isn’t anything to dislike. I truly can’t see a downside to using Phil for filling prescriptions.