Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short time. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
If you have trouble saving money because you’re not disciplined or it’s just too difficult because money is constantly flowing through our fingers, the Qapital App was made to help you reach your spending goals. Now they’re giving away $5 to all new users.
What Is Qapital?
Qapital is a free mobile app that’s available for both iOS and Android users. The goal of the app is to help you reach certain financial goals, such as saving up for a new bike or a new vacation, or if you simply just want to save more money.
For example, if you spend $2.50 on something at the store, Qapital will automatically charge you $3. $2.50 of this amount will go toward the cost of the product and the remaining $.50 cents will be placed in a separate account that you can use to reach your financial goals.
Right now when you sign-up as a new member, you automatically get a $5 bonus in your Qapital savings account. Not only that, but for each friend you refer you also get a bonus of $5 and so does your friend. You must use a referral link in order to get the bonus, and by using the ones on this page you’re also helping support FFL – thank you!
Keep in mind that the money that’s going toward your savings is placed in a Qapital FDIC-insured savings account, which guarantees that your money will be safe up to $250,000 US dollars. There’s no need to worry about losing this money.
Get Started By Transferring Money Toward Your Goal
If you want to get started on your goal immediately, you can also choose to send money to your Qapital Savings account to get a head start. Select the transfer option in the money and choose the amount you wish to transfer.
One Thing To Be Aware Of
Most banks have a limit of 8 transfers per month. Each time you round up money with the Qapital App, you’re essentially making a bank transfer with the amount you’re “saving.” In order to prevent fees, Qapital only makes the transfer twice a week, or a total of 8 times per month.
We want to warn users that make separate transactions. If you complete a transfer while using the app at the same time, your bank may impose a fee on your account. Just be sure to keep this in mind if you ever need to transfer money to another account.
How Do I Get My Free $5?
Signing-up for the Qapital App is incredibly simple and can be done in just 5 simple steps.
1. Register. You can download the app for either iOS or Android devices just by clicking this link here. You can sign-up by using your Facebook account or email address. Registration is completely free.
2. Set a goal. Now’s the time to set the goal that you want to save for, whether it be for that new bike or vacation you’ve been wanting to go on. You can also choose to what amount Qapital will round up to – $1, $2, $3, $4 or $5.
3. Link bank account. Select your bank and link it to your Qapital account. Each time money is taken out of your bank account to pay for something, the app will automatically round-up to your selected amount and be placed in a separate Qapital savings account that’s also FDIC insured. Basically you’re just moving money from your checking into a separate savings each time you make a purchase.
4. Refer friends. Each time you refer a friend, you get a $5 bonus and so does your friend. You can help support FFL by using our referral link on this page. We’d greatly appreciate it!
The Seashells App Works In The Same Way
There’s another program called the Seashells App that also works in a very similar manner, rounding up the amount you spend to the nearest $1. However, this app also gives you a 15% bonus to the amount you round-up. The one difference between the two is that the amount placed in your Seashells account can only be withdrawn in the form of gift cards.
You can use these apps simultaneously to save even more cash, but if we had to choose one we highly recommend Seashells.
You Should Use These Apps Even If You Don’t Care To
Even if you don’t care to use these apps, we recommend you use them anyways in conjunction with a cash back credit card in order to save more cash. For example, let’s say you keep spending money while having your credit card linked with Seashells. If you spend $2.10 on a purchase, you’ll have $.90 cents rounded-up.
This means you’ll get a 15% bonus on this $.90 cents (13 cents) plus a 2% bonus from using a good cash back credit card ($.01 – $.02 cents). While the amount is small, it is free money and it is helping you save more and more each time. Not only that, but even if you spend an amount that’s an exact dollar amount ($5.00, $10.00, etc.), Seashells will still give you $.01 cent as a bonus just for having your card linked. You really can’t lose.
The Qapital App isn’t quite the same since you aren’t linking your credit card directly, but it’s still a great way to earn cash by referring friends and also placing money separately into a savings account.
The Qapital App is a great way to create financial goals and help you be more disciplined in your spending. If you’re having troubles, this is a great way to start and help prevent you from spending money on things that you don’t really need. If you have any thoughts or questions on the Qapital App or know of any other mobile apps that help you achieve the same goal, we’d love to hear about it in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.